Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guide for PvP; Guide to Items

Hello all,

I am looking for a guide to help the PvPer in me as well as answer some questions I had in regards to the entrepreneur side of me. Below are a couple of questions I had for each category, I was hoping that my questions could stimulate some brainstorming from the community into an on-going thread where discussion on these topics could be debated.

PvP

Lets start with the obvious, there are two different kinds of PvP. With one you have tournament PvP, usually in a controlled enviroment with gear provided so everyone is mostly uniform with their equipment. With this type of PvP which weapon types are the best. Is it better to use a 2H Halberd or Maul? Or is the Sword/Shield combo valid here? Which scrolls are best to use and are there any spells you use by casting normally without scrolls?

Another sort of PvP is the kind usually done with groups of guildmates hunting down other guilds or the lone PK searching for his victims. What are some of the more commonly adopted strategies of the "gank" and what are some tips and tricks as far as being successful as a PK or worldly PvPer. What gear is best to be used? What are some good spots to search for people and what is considered PK'ing and whats considered harrassing? What are the Pros and Cons of Order/Chaos guilds? Which guild type is stronger here currently, Order or Chaos?

Finally, who is the best on the shard?

Crafting

So for the crafting questions. I know all crafting skills make stuff, probably cool stuff... but what is the most "in-demand" items and their current prices? Is Blacksmithy worth the investment of time and resources to GM it? Whats crafting skills are absolutely needed to make the good stuff, i.e. situation where you need X skill because it is needed in junction with Y skill to make Z item.

I am sure I will be coming up with more questions as I think and play more. Hopefully reading comments will spark more questions for me and others!

I don't know much about PVP, but I can shed some light on what is PVP and what is harassment.

If you find someone and kill them, that's PVP. If you wait outside someone's house until they recall in and kill them, that's PVP. If you check the status page to see if someone's in a dungeon, then hunt them out specifically, that's PVP. If you continually kill one person while leaving others alone, that's PVP.

Harassment has less to do with killing them as it does with rubbing their face in it or hurting their game-play experience (in ways other than just killing them and taking their stuff).

Examples:
  • Killing someone, then walling their ghost so that they can't move. Especially if you stick around just to keep walling them.
  • Keeping someone paralyzed for no other reason than just to keep them from being able to play. (Paralyzing one person while fighting another doesn't count, etc...)
  • Berating or making fun of them after they are killed in a way that most people would find offensive. (this is very open to interpretation)
  • Res killing. (Resurrecting the person just to kill them again. Also open to interpretation/circumstances)

It's hard to define what harassment is and this is just harassment in a PVP sense. Also, some people who are killed are more likely to call something harassment since they'ree the one getting killed while the people who are doing the killing are less likely to call it harassment. I'm sure others can think of other examples, but the bottom line is that you're purposefully offensive or trying to ruin their gameplay or cause them to quit or log off angry, etc.

best way to see how pvp works is to watch and pvp yourself. Join the deathmatches!
and as far as i know there will be an automated 1v1 system with the next server restart, thats gonna be awesome. Good way to train!

I don't have much time so I'll answer the first part about tournies. You want to use a 2 hander as well as a 1hander+shield, which is true for world PvP also. IMO there are 3 good choices for 2h weapon in a tourny: Halberd, Bardiche, War Hammer. Each has it's advantages. You get 4 types of scrolls in tourny: FS, lightning, GH, Reflect. Curse, Weaken, and Bless are important spells. Poison and Paralyze are also important. Whenever you bandage/cast you always want to put a shield on asap to minimize incoming damage.

Real world PvP/ganking I will let you figure out... As Nat said that's really the only way to learn, join DMs. There are techniques but what's the fun in giving them away? Tongue The playstyle here is (IMO) a typical sphere 51a playstyle. If you have played any 51a server regularly then you essentially know how to fight here.

In my opinion, unacceptable harassment would be everything Eru mentioned.

Crafting -
Blacksmithing is used to make the best weapons, how ever you also need many other skills along with blacksmithing in order to make said weapons.
Check here = http://in-uo.net/skills/blacksmithy
Hells hally, SDK, and Black Widow is what you are looking for.
Then Think about making high end armor, I don't think anyone sells it anywhere on the shard.

As for prices you would have to check the vendors, I know there are a few that sell the weapons but doubt you will find any decent armor...