Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guild looting

Habibi Jones Wrote:Smoke you'll never ever see that idea implemented here... There's no point. I think you are misunderstanding the rule a bit... You can't join a guild to loot it, then quit. If you run through an open door into my guildhouse and want to loot it, then by all means try your best to do so; it's legal. That's a pretty legitimate rule if you ask me, because without if we would have idiots doing it left and right, which obviously isn't good for a "new" server. If you can't see/understand that... Well then I wish you the best of luck trying to bug into houses and shit, cause you'll either get banned or not find any bugs.

actually habibi you're wrong, taran said no guild looting at all! it doesnt matter which way you had access to items, you cant take them!

sm0ke Wrote:Huh? I never said I wanted people to join guilds and steal from them? I said I would suggest limiting have a certain amount of weight the house can contain to not have everyone just put all there stuff in their guild houses. That way normal houses have a point in the game and house looting will still have a purpose.

I mean does anyone even read what I posted >.>

I do understand what you say, but for example, all my valuable items are in my house, behind a door none has access to unless i open my front door, and this door too!
I think taran is right about this to prevent people losing so many items from their guild, i use to give my guild mates good hunt items, resources... what if you enter and take everything?! that would be a pain which would make many people leave! You complain about people not seeing your point of view and forget to see theirs!

Dude, yes I read every single word... You're complaining that you can't loot guild houses but in reality you can... There is no difference between a guild house and a house man. None. You can create a 1 man guild and put guild doors on any house.

edit: Ohh damn, I must've been the one misinterpreting the rule then. I thought it was just illegal to loot it by being in the guild.

Habibi Jones Wrote:Dude, yes I read every single word... You're complaining that you can't loot guild houses but in reality you can... There is no difference between a guild house and a house man. None. You can create a 1 man guild and put guild doors on any house.

edit: Ohh damn, I must've been the one misinterpreting the rule then. I thought it was just illegal to loot it by being in the guild.

No I don't care about guild houses, I just care about how much weight/items they can hold I don't wish to house loot them. I suggested them to be redesigned so that they can't hold that much so that normal houses will have to hold your armors resources and such or else everyone would just use their guild house as a main house.

sm0ke Wrote:It's honestly pointless arguing with you considering you think [SIZE="4"]were a constant problem[/SIZE] because we like different things, it's pretty discriminating and annoying is what it is.

Do you not think I know that I'm playing on IN-UO.net? I had to type the website in before playing the game sir, not to mention the patcher is called IN-Patcher. This doesn't mean the game it self doesn't change over time it's a custom built shard no UO is the same this one is the closest to IN-X or even XUO for that matter that's why I chose to play here. I also don't appreciate you[SIZE="4"] soiling my name on a new server[/SIZE] that I just joined for things i didn't do such as abuse bugs etc. If you're looking for a player who did that I can point you in the right direction if needed be.

Wicked friends lead to evil ends. Your are a product of your environment and the people you surround yourself with.

Your grief squad should be avoided at all costs. You're a plague on the great nation.

sm0ke Wrote:Going back over your post [SIZE="4"]you're pretty much blaming me for their flaws and being banned in the chat or the way their acting by trolling and being rude you've made the mistake thinking I'll react like them.[/SIZE] I honestly don't care for a guild name or my personal character name I'm here to straight forward PvP, Gank and potentially house loot

Scare crow Wrote:Prototype has been secretly following the progress of this Imagine Nation shard and feel like it's time we shed some light ... as per the server status .. kill counts are very sad. I understand that this is IN and you all ride your Ponys in the moonlight and pretend that you're zombies but thats ok with me. I honestly do not care what any of you do.

Teach these GMs how to use their privileges as they obviously have issues if they ban on sight *LOL* and if our group of PVPers are not welcome on your server then make it public so everyone can see how *well ran* this server is. Look, Unban me and my friends .. we did nothing to you. I don't catre about your power-trip bvut if I do start playing.. I want my Scarecrow Accts back .. [SIZE="4"]and I want to know the the GM that banned me so I can follow him around the world all day and gank him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]Shout out to my boy [SIZE="6"]sm0ke[/SIZE] .. Waddup Homie![/SIZE]

SOURCE

Your "homie" basically insulted role players and then called the GMs morons.

sm0ke Wrote:No I don't care about guild houses, I just care about how much weight/items they can hold I don't wish to house loot them. I suggested them to be redesigned so that they can't hold that much so that normal houses will have to hold your armors resources and such or else everyone would just use their guild house as a main house.

The thing about this is that it's not feasible, every guild will have a bank in their GH, the weight doesn't matter, I have no property in my guildhouse, the only things you could feasibly take are runebooks, and those are locked down too.

It's not that the idea doesn't have merit, it's that it's execution is flawed, the bank makes your idea completely moot.

^^What Ful said

Make the gbank have less space than it does currently, so you can't store tons of stuff in there? Are people that afraid of losing their items? I mean it's said to not be a care-bear server but you basically allow 90% of your items to be in a gbank in a 1 person guild...Am I mistaken on that?

LudaKrishna Wrote:Make the gbank have less space than it does currently, so you can't store tons of stuff in there? Are people that afraid of losing their items? I mean it's said to not be a care-bear server but you basically allow 90% of your items to be in a gbank in a 1 person guild...Am I mistaken on that?

Again you have this air of entitlement that you really shouldn't. the bank has worked like this for x amount of years and no all of a sudden when your crew rolls on up and wants to grief people and use bugs and so on we suddenly have to change the rules for you so you can have you fun at the detriment to other players, if we give you everything you want and suggest isn't that just carebearing to you?

What about people who aren't in guilds? do they now have to have their bank weight lessened?

And who is going to code an implement all of this? who's going to test it out and see if it's balanced?

Fulmanar Wrote:The thing about this is that it's not feasible, every guild will have a bank in their GH, the weight doesn't matter, I have no property in my guildhouse, the only things you could feasibly take are runebooks, and those are locked down too.

It's not that the idea doesn't have merit, it's that it's execution is flawed, the bank makes your idea completely moot.

I agree somewhat, for some people it will be useless but not for everyone, Miners and BlackSmithing weigh a lot scrolls and pots as well if their in bulk because eventually their bank would be to full to contain anymore and would be obliged to put it in their homes. (Crafters in general will eventually run out of room even taming mounts they weigh a lot.)

sm0ke Wrote:I agree somewhat, for some people it will be useless but not for everyone, Miners and BlackSmithing weigh a lot scrolls and pots as well if their in bulk because eventually their bank would be to full to contain anymore and would be obliged to put it in their homes. (Crafters in general will eventually run out of room even taming mounts they weigh a lot.)

Then they'll have a REGULAR home in which you can loot to your hearts content, I am not saying this otherwise, your trick with the locked doors and stealthing in is perfectly valid, but changing the bank weight makes no sense and will be detrimental to the whole playerbase for such a small inclusion.

We also have a very easy way to trash items, I doubt weight will ever be an issue.

Fulmanar Wrote:Then they'll have a REGULAR home in which you can loot to your hearts content, I am not saying this otherwise, your trick with the locked doors and stealthing in is perfectly valid, but changing the bank weight makes no sense and will be detrimental to the whole playerbase for such a small inclusion.

We also have a very easy way to trash items, I doubt weight will ever be an issue.

Oh of course that's exactly my point no more no less I just want people to use their normal homes if their bank is full and not there guild homes since it's pretty much protected 100% and then that knocks out the principal of house looting in general. I don't want bank weight changed either I was just using it as an example over time people who store ingots/ores/mounts/pots it can get full very fast :p

sm0ke Wrote:Oh of course that's exactly my point no more no less I just want people to use their normal homes if their bank is full and not there guild homes since it's pretty much protected 100% and then that knocks out the principal of house looting in general. I don't want bank weight changed either I was just using it as an example over time people who store ingots/ores/mounts/pots it can get full very fast :p

I understand that however the other points still remain, house looting destroys playerbase, we cannot afford to just let players go, it's a commodity we can ill afford right now.

The example also does not fit the problem, there's literally nothing to do about this problem, if people really felt strongly enough they'd simply make a throwaway guild just to not get looted and fill a large GH with a bank and nothing else to safely macro.

The point to all this is that House looting shouldn't really be a major thing, it's a detriment now matter how you look at it, if you house loot everyone and 50% of them leave, we're back to 75 people, and that's not sustainable, you'll have destroyed a shard and then you'll have no one to house loot, it's simply not feasible to let this happen.