Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guide to Tailoring

Guide to Tailoring

Hiding a little seamstress in your heart? Well tailoring is just the thing for you!

Tailoring is about clothing, footwear and leather armor. The first 2 being mainly cosmetic for your character but who doesn’t want to look good?
Leather armors are quite good and come in many different forms. They weigh less than metal armor and therefore make great hunting sets as you can carry more loot with less starting weight. The high end armors can easily replace any other armors for pvp and tourney gear as well.

For tailoring you need cloth. You get cloth from vendors in bolts costing 100 gp each.
If you want to gather materials to make you own cloth then you have 3 choices. You harvest cotton plants in fields around the world. Flax also grows in fields but there is less of that around. Or you can shear sheep for their wool.
The cotton, flax and wool then needs to be processed on a spinning wheel, and then on a loom to make bolts of cloth. A bolt is 50 cloth.
Remember that you must use a pair of scissors on bolts to make cloth which is what you target your Sewing Kit on to open the tailoring craft menu.
To be most efficient you should make bandanas. Lots and lots of bandanas. They cost 2 cloth each and sell for 3 gp each to vendors. That means a return of 1.5 gp per cloth invested.

Tailoring is the easiest of the craft skills because you can gather large amounts of cloth yourself either from having a bag of runes to the various places with fields/sheep or from taming large amounts of sheep and letting them out in your house where you can shear them in privacy and wait for the wool to respawn.

Tailoring requires more repetitions than say blacksmith but because cloth is easier to get its still quite a lot cheaper.
If you are considering which craft to make your first I would recommend Tailoring.

Happy sewing!

Thank you for the guide Wink

Thank you indeed. I have one question. Is there an item that you can make that will profit if you did decide to purchase all of your cloth (more than 2gp per cloth when sold)?

fancy shirts

anyone have any idea roughly how many bandies it takes to gm tailoring? from say 40?

I'm sorry... I'm just a poor, poor miner, but maybe someone else can help ya.

Smile