Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crashing

Hello all,

This started awhile ago and happened rarely and now it happens
more and more,

I've uninstalled the game and downloaded and patched from start..

The game will freeze and if I interact with it, it will crash,
if I don't after 15minutes of me being online I will crash without fail,
it's making it very hard to macro,

Any advice is welcome..

I think I'm in urgent need of a fix as I was almost jailed for mining today..

I have the usual buy something from a vendor and crash, but this is just a random
crash as far as I can see, it's crashed mining, it's crash macroing archery in Merc camp,
I've crashed hunting..

I've found if I give it 30 - 50 seconds then it sometimes unfreezes but I've found it
very troublesome trying to enter the anti afk gathering gump..

Using Windows 7 ?

Yes mate

Humm, i noticed that when maximize the game screen. When it's hapens i just go to Razor and change any option in general tab and it's come to normal. You use Razor? If yes, try it.

What client version and what UO installation are you using? (Mondain's Legacy, Stygian Abyss etc.)
Did you install the game manually or did you download and install our pre-patched package?

You could try running both the client and Razor in admin mode and XP SP3 compability mode. If that doesn't work you can try checking some of the other compability options and see if that makes a difference.

you need to run razor/euo/uo in comp mode

go to each .exe file of those and right click > properties > compatibility

check the box to run in compatibility mode with windowsx xp service pack 3 selected

check the box to disable desktop compilation

check the box to run program as administrator

i had same problem, did all of the above and have been loving life ever since, good luck

stonychavez Wrote:you need to run razor/euo/uo in comp mode

go to each .exe file of those and right click > properties > compatibility

check the box to run in compatibility mode with windowsx xp service pack 3 selected

check the box to disable desktop compilation

check the box to run program as administrator

i had same problem, did all of the above and have been loving life ever since, good luck

Haha thats what I was gonna tell him Big Grin Im glad youre sharinf my advice with other people thou Smile

I've been crashing non-stop with both razor and injection. I did what stonychavez said and it's still being a giant douche. It's sort of terrible...

[Image: cns7E.png]

Taran Wrote:What client version and what UO installation are you using? (Mondain's Legacy, Stygian Abyss etc.)
Did you install the game manually or did you download and install our pre-patched package?
This^

I used the pre-patched version which came with 6.0.4 or whatever... and the screenshot is using 5.0.1h m.

Hmm. You might try using the patcher to have it use client 6, then put client 5 back in, maybe. I was able to use client 5.0.1a (or whatever is the default injection client) with no problems. It may be that specific client. *shrug*