Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

To encourage PvP

Hey all,

I've now been awhile on IN and I've got to say it's a very enjoyable
server, lots of nice characters, a good skill leveling system,
there's one thing that I think we lack..

PvP !

I see Deathmatches on alot and they are enjoyable but can quite become
a gank fest..

I miss 1v1, 2v2 tournaments, I appreciate that you want to keep the
economy of rare things low on the server, but can we not have
a daily 1v1 event at a set time each day that offers the same prize as
a DM - Gold,

Maybe alternate, as I've mentioned before I've been here a little while now
and I've seen one tournament but many Death matches, I was just
hoping for support to balance this out as I enjoy tournaments very much!

Hello,

I agree we can host more PvP tournies. The reason there is a deatmatch 2 times a day is because it's automated. Other PvP tournaments require staff to host. Hmm I should look into scripting automated 1v1 tournies as well, that would be really nice.

In the meantime, I'll whip the counselors a bit so they start hosting more PvP tournies. After all that's one of the fews things they actually can do Big Grin

Sweet !!

If I may add, the automated one could be for gold while the one hosted by
counsellors could be nickels..

This is amazing, I can't wait to better myself in PvP,

Don't get your hopes up too much though, hehe. Not sure I can script something that advanced. But I'll at least look into it Tongue

I have seen automated systems like this before. And they really great. The server I came from had 1v1 / 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4. They was hosted at diff days of the week and would host some for the euro players and then some just for players in USA. And they also had a big ring set up with 4 diff boxes so 4 fights go on at once till the very end to to the last match. ALSO they had a bank so they and regear if needed. And they also had diff matches as well. Some days no magic weps and pots allowed just crafted items. and other days any thing goes.

Kander Wrote:I have seen automated systems like this before. And they really great. The server I came from had 1v1 / 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4. They was hosted at diff days of the week and would host some for the euro players and then some just for players in USA. And they also had a big ring set up with 4 diff boxes so 4 fights go on at once till the very end to to the last match. ALSO they had a bank so they and regear if needed. And they also had diff matches as well. Some days no magic weps and pots allowed just crafted items. and other days any thing goes.

Thats amazing, Thing is i dont know when i get home in the afternoon durring the week, I was sickly Mon and Tue this week but i usually work nights and so does Epic. If i can get home early ill def do one. Hope CTF and Color wars would be fun for you all as well Smile

yea they're all good fun =p The other day when we had 4 events was awesome, very fun! We had a PvP tourney, CTF event, a DM popped up, and then Eru did a monster bash - slime invasion =D

Taran, Eru can probably easily set up an XML spawner to be automated for a monster bash, I've done it myself and it wasn't terribly difficult. All you'd have to script is something similar to the DM stone to allow gates to open at the town's banks, and to close them when finished =p All the loot could be done on the XML side as well hehe.
Actually now that I think about it you wouldn't have to script to open the portals either, some Spawners could just be set on a timer in correlation with the monster spawner =p

Monster bash, so cool !
On the old style Sphere the GM could take control of the monster,
was hilarious when GM Thrifty Bat did that and cast Earthquake,

Crashed and killed everyone !

I've automated monster bashes before too. Tongue The simplified version runs every day as hunter/slayer, but the drops/rare items from Monster Bashes are a lot more plentiful, so I usually do those manually for fun. Plus they're a bit tougher so I can monitor and turn on my heal spam if it starts to go sour. Tongue Or tweak the difficulty if not enough people show up.

I'm working on some more mini-bashes though.

Thanks alot Eru, I think a multiplayer PvE and PvP will help nuture the existing players and encourage
new ones to come, Keep up the good work !