Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Useless Skills

We should figure out how to make certain skills relatively useless =p
Spirit Speak, for example, is used to heal for about 15 HP on most RUO servers (post-AOS ofc). Im not saying this should be the case, im just pointing out that it was made useful, and is quite useless now.

Just for a thought, spirit speak could also be used to reveal dead people to you, when they are not in combat. Just a small attribute that would give it more functionality.

Item ID could be used to tell you certain properties of items, like whether it is newbied or not.

Forensic Eval. to tell how long a body has been there (if it doesn't already at GM)
Etc.

Or make certain % of these skills required in making more useful items

There are plenty of useless skills, such as Cooking. But Spirit Speak isn't. It has a use already ;p I'd myself wouldn't like to make it so food affects on hits though, would suck if u'd become hungry in the middle of duel or soemthing. That affects crafts less though. Also could make it so skillgain is slightly faster when you're feed or smething...

yea i thought about that too, but having to eat all the time becomes an annoyance =p My point wasnt that anything is wrong with skills currently, I was just trying to think of some addatives...ways to make certain ones even more useful, but in SMALL ways
And yea i use spirit speak too =p but at the same time i dont physically use it lol

What's the use of spirit speak? =x

hehe yeah lets make it where cooking is useful, making sure that your mounts are fed so they don't disown you, have being well fed affecting your pvp and skill hits/gains, and polymorph to daemon to use crafting skills to craft something that will have more of a success rate. The good ol IN days Tongue

Raziel_ Wrote:What's the use of spirit speak? =x

to see what dead players are saying

Archangel Wrote:We should figure out how to make certain skills relatively useless =p
Spirit Speak, for example, is used to heal for about 15 HP on most RUO servers (post-AOS ofc). Im not saying this should be the case, im just pointing out that it was made useful, and is quite useless now. [[As other said, this skill is used for dungeons/spawning things]]

Just for a thought, spirit speak could also be used to reveal dead people to you, when they are not in combat. Just a small attribute that would give it more functionality. [[I like that :O]]

Item ID could be used to tell you certain properties of items, like whether it is newbied or not. [[Already works that way. 'slight magical aura']]

Forensic Eval. to tell how long a body has been there (if it doesn't already at GM)
Etc. [[Seen this on a few shards, really like it. Helpful...]]

Or make certain % of these skills required in making more useful items

There are a a few threads by different people with ideas for making useless skills useful, glad you show an interest too Big Grin

Mystic Edge Wrote:hehe yeah lets make it where cooking is useful, making sure that your mounts are fed so they don't disown you, have being well fed affecting your pvp and skill hits/gains, and polymorph to daemon to use crafting skills to craft something that will have more of a success rate. The good ol IN days Tongue

Never played any other IN server, but IMO foodcount could be directly related to bandage success rate and hit rating, and this would then give cooking a use; especially if some new edibles are added Wink

well id certainly be in support of that if it meant that bandies would go back to their former self on a full stomach =p