Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Weapon and Armor Enhancement Gems

Shade actually added these a while back and I never got around to adding them in-game.

These gems basically will let you upgrade the damage level and accuracy level of your weapons, and the durability and protection level of your armor.

There are two forms:
  • The normal gems only improve the item to one level below maximum. (e.g: Power for weapons)
  • The perfect gem can be used on a gem improved to max with normals to make it max level. (e.g: Vanquishing)

The perfect ones will be added soon to the silver coin reward vendor and I'm hoping to get Shade to add them to the loot tables when he gets a chance.

The perfect ones will only be available through various events, tournaments and will be rare. We don't want to diminish the value of vanquishing weapons, after all.

Hopefully this will allow people to get decent tourney sets together quicker without having to rely on lucky drops, but it won't be a shortcut to max gear.

[Image: enhancementgems.gif]

I like the new enhancements , weapon ones work fine But the armor enhancements dont work on leather armor i tried both the armor reinforcement & shock-Absorbent lining .

Thx Shadow

Is there any chance you can make the armor enhancement, reinforcement & shock-Absorbent lining work on leather armor.

I think there should be an "upgrade system" to weapons. For ex, say you scoop up a nice surpassingly accururate ruin/might/force. That's almost too good to trash but if you can only upgrade a weapon once, ruin and might weapons are still useless and just get trashed. Power weapons are very easy to attain so spending the 7k silver to raise a ruin to a might or a might to a force is an illogical option when you can easily just go get a power weapon. IMO if you want to build a nice power weapon out of say a surpassingly accurate ruin/might that'd be really cool. For instance, 2k silver to raise ruin to might, 4k silver to raise might to force, then 6k to raise it to power. That way you could invest 12k into a ruin weapon and actually make it useful. That would work really well with the silver trash-reward system. It would also work with accuracy buffs, too. For example say you have a normal power or vanq and you want to make it elite, putting 12-15k into it is pretty reasonable to turn it into a surpassingly accurate vanq.

__BUT__
The only drawback I see right now is the free surpassingly accurate might weapons that are spawned "donation basket" at the merc camp. In order for my suggestion to be balanced, the merc camp basket would need to be changed as well.

Posting this in the suggestion forum also.

Right now it already kind of works like that. The upgrade gems have different success chances based on how strong the weapon/armor is already. Ruin will pretty much always succeed while power may fail a few times. So it's cheap to get it up to power, etc.