Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Part 2 - In the night before the Long Night

In the days before the night, I used to travel from Britain to Minoc. I had many friends in those roads and I visited them at least once per moon change. When Britain falled I hidden myself in the woods for a long time. And I had Izarael's help.
Izarael is one of the kindest elves of the wooden realm. She thought me many things and I spent almost all my nights on the road in her house and company. She was strong with the magical powers and patient. I thought her the arts of the tailoring and she was very thankful to me due to that. In fact, she was better than I in that art because I didn't had time to train it but she did. She was always with time. Time was a gift in the wooden realm. It was special, different. One day seem to be a whole year. And maybe it was.

In the night before the Night, Izarael saved me. A few monsters were hunting me and I was tired and wounded. My horse was hungry and he couldn't help in my escape. I left Daemon Spark in a valley with food and I promised I would return. I knew that if I would die, I would die alone and my horse didn't deserve the same fate.
I start to run but the orcs reached me. It was a small group of orcs but their leader was a wicked monster of the mountain. I realize that I would have to fight so I raised Narsil, my blessed sword, yelled: Elendil and killed two orcs. My sword was fast and furious but the Captain of the orcs hited me on the head and I fell. I casted a heal magic and a protection magic. There was no escape. I prayed for my soul and thrown a rock in the orc's captain head and he stopped for a moment. I tried to hide in the trees but it wasn't possible. I saw someone in a tree and asked for help but I couldn't see who it was because this mysterious person was using a hood... Luckily it was Izarael, and even if she was not very skilled with a bow, she knew how to use her mental powers. She casted a magical arrow and hited the orc's captain head and he falled.

I fainted. When I woke up it was raining. I could recognize the golden bed. It was Izarael's house. She was sitting near the door and looking at me with a smile on her face. "Good to see that you're alive" she said. I smiled back but fall asleep again...
Leaves fell... Trees grew up... Spring has passed... And the time and the seasons passed by...
Izarael told me that I slept for a month. I believe that one of the vile witches casted a strange spell on me when I was leaving the Britain's bridge. She told me that I was poisoned and that I would need a special elixir. She said that I would need special reagents from the north. I was very wounded and tired but I knew I had to go. After I get my good old bow and my trustworthy sword I asked Izarael a horse and I promised I would send it back.

I ride to the south and found my horse. Daemon Spark was waiting me exactly where I left him. I sent Izarael's horse back to the wooden realm and I was heading the north. After a human's time week I found the reagents in the old sir Faharim's house. He wasn't there by that time but I left a few gold coins and took the road to the Izarael's house. When I reached there she made me the elixir and I drunk it. I was really tired and slept...
When I woke up there was two fines cloaks folded in the table. It was white and made with a soft cloth. Under the table I saw two dark blue boots and it was shining. Beside the cloak I saw two dark blue gloves and a piece of paper written in golden letters. I read it. I recognized my loved friend's letter in the first line... it was...
"My beloved Elessar, you'll start to feel better when you wake up. I fed Daemon Spark and it's waiting for you in the stable. I made you a cloak because the one you had before was destroyed. The orc's captain cutted it a moment before I killed him. I thought that Kandorin would want a new cloak too and I made another cloak exactly as yours. Your boots seem to be really dirt. I asked Lady Yavänna and she gave you new boots and one of her magical gloves. She asked you to give new boot and gloves to your brother too. They're special. You won't feel cold. She said that those gloves has a few of every dead "Elf's Soul", those who fought in the First Old Battle. They're unique and made with the sapphire dragon's scale. It will provide you a good protection and heat. I asked her to bless it and she said that you should take good care of it. "Profect" is the name of those blue boots that you can see under the table. It's made with the Anuir's river water socketed in it. It might protect you with the Light of the Eldar. It's your now and don't forget to give it to Kandorin. Accept it with all my love. I went to a long journey to the sea and I don't know when I'll return. Make good use of it. Remember to visit me sometimes. Your friend, sister and pleased love, Izarael. And in the end of the letter she wrote: "Namárië et Anar kaluva tielyanna"
I weared the cloak, the gloves and the boots. I was already using my "Brother's Soul", the robe that Isildur gave to us.

The one that make pair with my brother's robe. I got my hat, also crafted by Master Isildur - The Elvish Angel, my special and loved hat...
Before leaving I wrote a letter to Izarael. I get on my horse and went to the west. The wind whispered me a tale from the west. I found my brother in the old tower near the sea and I gave him the "Elf's Soul", the "Profect" and the "Elvish Cloak of the Forest". He didn't knew anything about my fall and he was helping to take Britain out of the Night during that time... Time passed by and I went to Britain again... It was the first time since I fell... I was afraid but my brother was with me but we didn't entered in the city. We stayed at the bridge gazing at the walls... "This Night won't last longer, brother. I won't let it" Kandorin said...