Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maces

On this shard, nobody uses maces because they have no blade and cannot be poisoned. This makes choosing bladed weapons the obvious answer. My suggestion is to add some bonus to maces to increase their utility and prevent them from being junk.

Maces should have a 10% chance on hit to stun (unable to move) the target for x seconds. Upon stun, target's weapon swing is interrupted and any spell being cast is fizzled. (x=za where z=multiplier, a=attack speed)

x=.002a
club= 10% chance to stun .6 sec on hit
war axe= 10% chance to stun .7 sec on hit
war mace= 10% chance to stun .8 on hit
maul= 10% chance to stun .9 sec on hit
mace= 10% chance to stun .9 sec on hit
hammer pick= 10% chance to stun for 1.2 sec on hit
war hammer= 10% chance to stun for 1.3 sec on hit

x=.0025a
club= 10% chance to stun for .8 sec
war axe= 10% chance to stun for .9 sec
war mace= 10% chance to stun for 1 sec
maul= 10% chance to stun for 1.1
mace= 10% chance to stun for 1.15
hammer pick= 10% chance to stun for 1.5 sec
war hammer= 10% chance to stun for 1.55

edit :
*You see _________ looks dazed and confused!*
*You see _________ looks stunned!*
*You see _________ looks concussed!*

nice idea! make players use more type of wep. not only the same... Smile btw i love maul wep. xD

Yeah I never ever use maces because why use a mace when I can use a blade with poison? I also never ever see other players using maces...

yeah true :S btw about poisoning, all fencing/sword wep. can be poison?

Yep anything with a blade can be poisoned; meat cleaver, dagger, butcher's knife...

I agree with this, it seems like if its not a sword weapon or weapon of archery its worthless... my vendor agrees too.

+1

hmm interrupting spell casting club vs poisoned blade weapons, seems everyone would just use maces for spell interrupt, or weapon switch them when someone is about to die

I like the idea Habibi, but I see Mystics point also. If there was a way to balance this, maybe Greater agility potions can be enabled to balance this somehow, or even a special type of Food you can eat that would bring you out of the stun. (Be careful not to be simply too full to eat anymore!) Food that takes Gm cooking to create. This would also help the cooking skill become more useful, which doesn't seem to be at all..?

Just to add information, they already drain your stamina, so in a fight longer than a minute or two, you can completely drain your opponent's stamina to 0 and they will be too fatigued to move a lot of the time.

Eru, the rate it which they drain mana is so low that it isn't even useful. I've used maces in pvp numerous times and the stam drain has little/no effect. Maybe try making the stam drain based on the weapons attack speed? With natural stam regen it's near impossible to drain someone's stam.

I increased the rate maces drain mana, from 3 points to 4-6 points on each hit. Let's see if that makes a difference. Otherwise I can increase it a bit more.