Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Donate CPU Cycles Instead of Money!

Elcid Wrote:I have 32 Cores... for a total of 63Ghz and 512GB of memory at my disposal... and x6 that i havent plugged in.... lol
That should do a few cycles....

Set me up a user... what do i get for mining?
What kind of setup do you have to get 64Ghz? Me thinks you do not have these at your disposal, but rather computer you might administrate.

Might be wrong though, you might be a miner...

hilbertsawhat Wrote:What kind of setup do you have to get 64Ghz? Me thinks you do not have these at your disposal, but rather computer you might administrate.

Might be wrong though, you might be a miner...

If i administer them would they not be at my disposal....? ;-)
They are ESX hosts that will be sitting around for about 2 months.
7 to be exact. Each with 2x 2Ghz (8 Cores Per CPU) and 256GB (soon to be 512GB when i get around to it) of memory.
They are going to be sitting there powered on for about 2 months before they get put into production... might aswell have them doing something.

My bad, I was reading GHASH and not GHzSmile

can you add me ill run this where i can

Doesn't seem to connect so well either from home or from work, plus I can only mine from anon user. Topped around 11 mhash and my fan's going crazy, I'll try to get this to run from a campus or some local pc. So you need to create me a user so I can mine from it?

Eclipse Wrote:Doesn't seem to connect so well either from home or from work, plus I can only mine from anon user. Topped around 11 mhash and my fan's going crazy, I'll try to get this to run from a campus or some local pc. So you need to create me a user so I can mine from it?
Hmm, what are you putting for the username? It should just be : eclipse
Not sure if putting it in capitalized will cause a problem or not, but I have it set as all lowercase.

Seems to work now does it take a lot of internet bandwidth too?

Hardly any, I think. It mostly uses lots of CPU & GPU power, but it does send a very small amount of data to update the server with discoveries.

So what exactly is it doing to generate bitcoins? It's just running CPU, but for what purpose? I am sure it's legit, but do you know exactly what it does with the CPU/GPU power?

To be honest, I don't fully understand it: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_bitcoin_w...oin_mining
It seems like it's either generating or decrypting blocks of encrypted data, which eventually build up to create a block that can be added to the bitcoin block chain. It takes a lot of CPU power and it's how the network keeps working and keeps people from inserting fake data into the block chain. (shrug)

I mean I've taken classes in network security so I see what you mean but i was a little worried when my anti virus program said the file was malicious. It makes sense from a resilience standpoint to spread out the encryption so if someone hacked the server there would be backup CPU s to continue working. I'm kind of interested to read the code and see what it does. I'll turn my on later, thanks for the info eru

I bet the Antivirus is creeped out over the "Hide.exe" file. Tongue It lets you run programs 'hidden' so that they don't show up on the task bar and don't have a tray icon so you have to close them through the process manager. I added that in because I hated having the command window up all the time, but that's optional.