Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question towards the IN staff

I was just curious about something, I know most here would like to see IN return back to its glory days of population. I was just wondering when this shard was restarted back up for the first time, was there a mass email sent to the old players of IN:X or IN2? I know it seem like an obvious thing to do but I was just wondering. I saw there were at least Archived forums from IN:X so i would of thought there would of been some sort of email list and some way to email them all? I had no idea about the place being started back up until i searched for the shard one day and just stumbled upon it. I have done that before but only diff. that made me come back was that it was being modeled like IN1. Given I never played IN2 or IN:X but Just wanted to ask Smile. thx

I know i got a mail but if it was cause of my IN1 or the 2 weeks IN2 no idea Tongue

We've got an email list and we sent out some emails for both of the skill-gain weekends when it peaked up to 50ish people. I'm working on setting up some sort of newsletter script where we can send out monthly updates and let people know about plans to have other events/skill-gain weekends, etc. In doing so I've decided phpList is a pain in the ass to customize.

I'm not sure when we started up again, exactly. in-uo.net was registered in January or so, and Shade and I were doing LOTS of crap behind the scenes for a couple months before we went live. I'd say we started working on it again about a year ago if not more, but we've only been live since the end of January I think.

I'm tempted to get some sort of running blog going about the behind the scenes development that players don't get to see. Tongue It's a blast.

Ooh, how about a Ventrilo Q&A session and we can just giggle at Taran's accent. (It's actually not as bad, but he thinks it is.)

If you want to help raise the population, let friends know, post links to IN-UO on other sites or in forum signatures, vote on the voting sites, and just keep playing and making the place fun. One thing that I told shade is that I don't care if we have 1 player, I enjoy developing and playing around with things and I'll keep doing it because it's fun.

(Oh, and a note about the posting links thing I mentioned: If you want to link to us, please post links tastefully and don't post it on other UO shards' sites or places where people go to beg for players.)

Last time I sent out e-mails was when we had skill gain bonus weekend, I sent emails out to everyone who played on INX and INR.
I would have sent out e-mails to everyone who played IN1 as well but I don't have that list. Sending e-mails to those who played on IN2 I'm not so sure about since that shard had a completely different playstyle.

*edit*
Damn Eru you beat me to it.

Ah ok thanks for enlightening me. I will see if i can get some exposure out there in some way. tastefully of course lol. Good to see you have a email list, hopefully it will intrigue some people to check the server out eventually. Yeah IN2 did have a different play style which is why i didn't go. It wasn't IN imho.