Poll: Which Shield Appearance do you Like? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Leaf Shield
4.00%
4.00%
Bronze Tear Shield
8.00%
8.00%
Cavalry Shield
8.00%
8.00%
Jeweled Shield
8.00%
8.00%
Knight's Shield
60.00%
60.00%
No Change (Metal Round Shield)
12.00%
12.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What ItemID Should Neutral Shields Have

Vote for what Neutral Shields should look like.
Note: Chaos/Order guilds won't be able to use these

[hr=100%]#FFFFFF
[Image: uiWau.jpg]LEAF SHIELD
[hr=100%]#FFFFFF
[Image: yiTG1.jpg]BRONZE TEAR SHIELD
[hr=100%]#FFFFFF
[Image: xnIF9.jpg]CAVALRY SHIELD
[hr=100%]#FFFFFF
[Image: SzQxv.jpg]JEWELED SHIELD
[hr=100%]#FFFFFF
[Image: Jf9Dj.jpg]KNIGHT'S SHIELD
[hr=100%]#FFFFFF

ppl chose knight shield but staff changed it to cavalry shield... why???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why not just make it so that any shield type can be picked? Not much point in limiting it to 1 in my opinion.
Order and chaos shields should of course still be reserved for the factions.

Or just make it like old days where you could only pick from order/chaos but there were no restrictions as to what you could pick.

Galdor Wrote:ppl chose knight shield but staff changed it to cavalry shield... why???
I made it Cavalry shield before I made this thread. I'm going to let this run a bit longer just to make sure everyone gets a vote, but then I'll change it to Knight's Shield since it looks like it's clearly winning at the moment.

Venos Wrote:Why not just make it so that any shield type can be picked? Not much point in limiting it to 1 in my opinion.
Order and chaos shields should of course still be reserved for the factions.

Or just make it like old days where you could only pick from order/chaos but there were no restrictions as to what you could pick.
The reasoning I have is that to have an active PVP community, we need either people who are willing to PK and go red, or a larger number of chaos/order guilds to have faction fighting.

If we make all the coolest stuff for the neutral guilds, then there's no reason to go order/chaos and it hurts the PVP.

The reason I want to change the neutral shield is that since it is a fame reward, it does make sense to have something better than a crappy metal shield.

Also, note that most people are either neutral guilded or un-guilded, so a vote thread like this may be biased since more people will vote in favor of what gives more advantages to neutral guilds.

We really should come up with some cool incentive for PVPing...

Yeah Eru, I've been thinking about faction incentive for a while. I'm gonna post a thread today about possible PvP incentive ideas (most likely faction based).

Edit: More on topic, this poll's results are going to be very biased... Nobody is going to vote here unless they are in a neutral guild and obviously they are just going to pick the coolest shield. I honestly don't think neutral guilds should get to use some crazy AoS/ML shield, they should have something unique but still basic like an order or chaos shield. A bronze tear shield or a cavalry shield is fine, why should neutral get to have some fancy shmancy shield? In my opinion, neutral guilds are LUCKY to have a newbied shield, I've never seen that anywhere. Neutral shields should give less armor than order/chaos shields because I feel that the newbied shield is one of the main perks to being order/chaos.

Yeah, the shield currently has a bit less armor than a Chaos or Order shield.

Heater Shield Wink

Habibi Jones Wrote:Yeah Eru, I've been thinking about faction incentive for a while. I'm gonna post a thread today about possible PvP incentive ideas (most likely faction based).

Edit: More on topic, this poll's results are going to be very biased... Nobody is going to vote here unless they are in a neutral guild and obviously they are just going to pick the coolest shield. I honestly don't think neutral guilds should get to use some crazy AoS/ML shield, they should have something unique but still basic like an order or chaos shield. A bronze tear shield or a cavalry shield is fine, why should neutral get to have some fancy shmancy shield? In my opinion, neutral guilds are LUCKY to have a newbied shield, I've never seen that anywhere. Neutral shields should give less armor than order/chaos shields because I feel that the newbied shield is one of the main perks to being order/chaos.

The point is people didnt realise that cahos is not mean pking or order is not meaning un-pking. Its not a good and bad wars. IN always give to players good stuff, colorfull items and rp guilds... As base IN1 we dont need to chose a side to take a shield everyone can take any type of a shield, now staff want to something different and we respect for this. Soo they help players for this issue.
Guilds chose order or chaos side cause to enable to fight anywhere without guard kill, not to take a shield...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Galdor the shield is a huge perk of being chaos/order, neutral players shouldn't even get a shield... That's what seperates faction from non-faction. You're lucky to even have a neutral shield.

In the past on IN1, neutral guilds could choose any shield.. Order or Choas shields.
Now on this server they changed some rules : Neutral guilds cannot wear the Order or Choas shields.
TO resolve this, GM's are helping Neutral guilds to be able to choose a different type of shield (as shown as above by Eru)

I am very happy that we have the possibility to influence on their decision!
Thanks for that!

ps. I voted for the Knights Shield! (looking sweet!)

Think the shield look depend alot on how you see your character, so pretty hard to decide overall but i know what i would pick for my character.