Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RunUO AI: Very Interesting!

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=867655

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Imagine Nation: Xtreme forums > Imagine Nation: Xtreme > Developers?

It's a cool thing but I doubt anyone here will benefit in any major ways from it:/ It is a nice (normally default) approach to AI though, if people feel like making smart monsters the coding/testing would be a lot faster.

hilbertsaretard Wrote:Imagine Nation: Xtreme forums > Imagine Nation: Xtreme > Developers?

It's a cool thing but I doubt anyone here will benefit in any major ways from it:/ It is a nice (normally default) approach to AI though, if people feel like making smart monsters the coding/testing would be a lot faster.

Huh? I don't get the IN:X Forums > IN:X > IN:X Developers thing?

I doubt anyone here would benefit from it, but overall it's an amazing upgrade to the RunUO AI system and anyone that plays UO should find it interesting. It gives the power to anyone who wants to make their own shard to create monsters (and items!) smarter than most other games mobs.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

So what happened with your plans? My computer died and I just got a new one. So I have missed out on any updates? Are you still working on it or did you give up on it?

I built a little PoC of a silverlight client. It worked, but didn't have any plans of following through.

As far as the shard, there really wasn't enough interest. Nowhere near the interest we had for IN:R or even IN:X