Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

hey guys, what UO are we running?

hey, first of I am sorry to see the population of the shard has changed so drastically. Remembering In2 I believe that this shard is one of the best. And just to put my two cents in, no please don't make skill gain any easier.

Now on to my question. I am using a Mac OS X and I just installed Wine. I can play Stygian ***** with some major hassle (I need to patch in a windows application and then put the files in my Mac). I can play moundain's legacy with a much greater ease. Is it absolutely necessary that I have stygians ***** or does this shard only run up to moundain's legacy?

Stygians is not a requirement.

Mondain's Legacy should work perfectly. It can be located here

You then must PATCH uo by using uopatch.exe (It can be found in the Ultima Online Installation Directory). Even when it says "Complete" run uopatch.exe 2-3 times again as sometimes it doesn't go all the way.

You then have to use either: The IN-X PATCHER located here

OR

You can download the package and manually replace the files in your installation directory. The package is located here

Are you using Razor or Injection? Injection uses client 5.0.1 and Razor uses any client I believe. Clients are located here.
Technique has posted a very good guide on how to setup Injection which can be located here.
Remember the server address for the shard is: login.in-x.org port:2593

NOTE: If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you usually have to run the client AND Injection or Razor BOTH in Windows XP Compatibility Mode (You have to right click the .exe file and under the compatibility tab you can select Windows XP)

I know you said you are running MAC OS but the note is for anyone else who is having problems.

I am using Razor.However, I appear to be unable to put the port number in with ease. It's okay though, apprently others have had this problem. I am currently researching it.

there is a box in razor u can put the port number....

Here's what I entered for Razor:

[Image: 57607837.png]

yeh, for people running off of wine you need to go into the razor file and change some stuff around, otherwise the port is just grey. I'm happy to say that I can run UO through razor now and I am just researching UOstratics about elves and some new skills....I only got to play a recently patched version of the UO version with samuris and ninjas.

......any reason you wouldn't want to be and elf :-p?

littlboz Wrote:......any reason you wouldn't want to be and elf :-p?

Because they're not enabled here Wink

hmm.....I am using an ubuntu desktop and everything works on it but on my mac razor won't install due to this error:

"Razor requires the .Net framework in order to run. \nTo install it, please visit Microsoft Windows update (windowsupdate.microsoft.com)\n\nRazor installation cannot continue"

it's odd because I did nothing diffrent on ubuntu....

guess I'll be using injection

woot I got it. I have to sue wine 1.0.1 not the latest

Edit: turns out on mac os X you can't install wine 1.0.1

http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-cuttin...2-0-a.html

I'm pretty sure that's the thread I used to get razor working on Linux. Tongue