Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Large Battle Axe's

This is to fable and everyone else who thinks their good at dueling with one of these

Well if you use one and compare it to a REGULAR battle axe it hits faster than a regular battle axe which doesn't make sense considering It's called LARGE battle axe which means it's heavier if i'm correct.

On a side note, if you check it's attacked attributes you will now see that it's almost as strong as a Bardiche maybe 3-4 pts off

So this Large Battle Axe is faster than a regular battle axe and hits just as hard or harder than a bardiche? This weapon needs to be nerfed too many idiots think their good at pvp when they're using a weapon that is so cheap, and then on top of that they want it added to the autosupply system LOL what a joke

Some of the staff should test these weapons and give feed back because it's so unbelieveable how low people go for hits now days

This thing needs to be nerfed it's like blackwidow #2.

Maybe we should check the speed of the largebattle axe but I don't see it a problem at all since his minatack its 12. Anyway I'll test it. And of course if speed its changed minatack will be increased. I don't see a problem having new usefull weapons to our pvp system.

Large BattleAxe :

Speed: 440 //Wich means its slower
MaxAtack: 43
MinAtack: 12

BattleAxe:

Speed: 429
MaxAtack: 36
MinAtack: 18

Pum Pum Plaka Plaka

Don't you know I'm Loco?

neither do i but it is something to look into because it doesn't make sense at all its bigger heavier and does more damage almost the same as bard thats why these people who aren't good at pvp use these

good thing their being looked into if you need help let me know

tired of being hit so much and so fast I dont have a problem with anything being added to autosupply it's just that its bugged and needs to be nerfed and yet they use it because it's cheap and thats why they want it

So smoke by your logic a dagger should be the best weapon since it's a small and therefore automatically fast in your opinion.

Eighty Swords Wrote:So smoke by your logic a dagger should be the best weapon since it's a small and therefore automatically fast in your opinion.

You clearly can't read you moronic idiot, stop trying to get me to argue in every thread. I said it's based on damage and speed not just speed. Next time you pull something stupid like this i'll just report you to taran for useless spam.

Please do report me to Taran and point him to this very thread. I simply commented on a post of yours and you come back flaming me, which is your usual behavior so we shouldn't be at all surprised. I've lost track of how many times you've threatened to report me to staff for one thing or another yet they never say anything to me... Maybe, now just maybe, it's because I'm not the issue here.

Ok, back to the topic now... What you're saying about bigger weapons doing more damage and being slower generally does occur, but it's not the definitive rule as you are very clearly claiming it should be in your post, nor should it be.

I think I have every regular class weapon listed here, grouped by the type of weapon that they are. Note I didn't group them according to what skill they use, but physically the type of weapon they are. By the way, I believe the attack value is the max damage the weapon can do. With arms lore we have no way of telling the min damage. Smoke take 30 seconds and look at the list. It should be apparent to you that just because a weapon is bigger, doesn't mean it's automatically slower.

Swords:

Dagger:
Attack: 4
Speed: 200

Kryss:
Attack: 20
Speed: 248

Katana:
Attack: 24
Speed: 331

Cutlass:
Attack: 29
Speed: 332

Broadsword:
Attack: 30
Speed: 334

Scimitar:
Speed: 342

Long sword: (it's not a mistake, there are 2 types of longswords)
Attack: 34
Speed: 396

Longsword: (it's not a mistake, there are 2 types of longswords)
Attack: 35
Speed: 401

Viking sword:
Attack: 41
Speed: 442

Axes:

Hatchet:
Attack: 31

War axe:
Speed: 350

Axe:
Attack: 39
Speed: 383

Double Axe:

Executioner's axe:
Speed: 408

Battleaxe:
Attack: 36

Two handed axe:
Attack: 45
Speed: 430

Large Battleaxe:
Attack: 43
Speed: 440

Maces & clubs:

Club:
Attack: 22
Speed: 302

Warmace:
Attack: 33
Speed: 420

Maul:
Speed: 431

Mace:
Speed: 441

Hammerpick:
Speed: 604

War hammer:
Attack: 51
Speed: 618

Polearms:

Short spear:
Speed: 306

Pitchfork:
Attack: 16
Speed: 333

Spear:
Speed: 351

Bardiche:
Attack: 48
Speed: 516

Halberd:
Attack: 57
Speed: 616

Staves:

Quarter staff:
Speed: 355

Black staff:
Speed: 391

Gnarled staff:
Speed: 392

Shepard's crook:
Attack: 12
Speed: 450

Other:

Warfork:
Attack: 27
Speed: 390

Pickaxe:
Attack: 15
Speed: 400

Look at the axes category. Battleaxe is commonly accepted to be a good dueling weapon, but in fact the two handed axe does 9 more damage at a cost of only 1 speed. I think I just made this weapon more popular... hopefully certain people don't complain that weapons aren't balanced!

Now look at the staves category. The quarter staff, gnarled staff and black staff all look to be the same size but they range in attack speeds by more then just a few points.

Now look at a bardiche vs a hammer pick. A hammer pick is a smaller weapon but considerably slower then the bardiche.

Even in the real world (I know you like real world examples), bigger doesn't always equal slower and stronger.

Take hockey players for example. Francis Bouillon is a defenseman for the Nashville Predators, is 5'8" and weighs 198lbs. By your logic of bigger = slower and stronger, Bouillon would be a super fast guy and not have a lot of speed. In fact he's the opposite way around. He isn't super fast but he is very powerful.

I hope now you can understand why I made my previous comments.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Please do report me to Taran and point him to this very thread. I simply commented on a post of yours and you come back flaming me, which is your usual behavior so we shouldn't be at all surprised. I've lost track of how many times you've threatened to report me to staff for one thing or another yet they never say anything to me... Maybe, now just maybe, it's because I'm not the issue here.

Ok, back to the topic now... What you're saying about bigger weapons doing more damage and being slower generally does occur, but it's not the definitive rule as you are very clearly claiming it should be in your post, nor should it be.

I think I have every regular class weapon listed here, grouped by the type of weapon that they are. Note I didn't group them according to what skill they use, but physically the type of weapon they are. By the way, I believe the attack value is the max damage the weapon can do. With arms lore we have no way of telling the min damage. Smoke take 30 seconds and look at the list. It should be apparent to you that just because a weapon is bigger, doesn't mean it's automatically slower.

Swords:

Dagger:
Attack: 4
Speed: 200

Kryss:
Attack: 20
Speed: 248

Katana:
Attack: 24
Speed: 331

Cutlass:
Speed: 332

Broadsword:
Speed: 334

Scimitar:

Long sword: (it's not a mistake, there are 2 types of longswords)
Speed: 396

Longsword: (it's not a mistake, there are 2 types of longswords)

Viking sword:
Attack: 41
Speed: 442

Axes:

Hatchet:
Attack: 31

War axe:
Speed: 350

Axe:
Speed: 383

Double Axe:

Executioner's axe:
Speed: 408

Battleaxe:

Two handed axe:
Speed: 430

Large Battleaxe:
Attack: 43
Speed: 440

Maces & clubs:

Club:
Attack: 22
Speed: 302

Warmace:
Speed: 420

Maul:
Speed: 431

Mace:
Speed: 441

Hammerpick:
Speed: 604

War hammer:
Attack: 51
Speed: 618

Polearms:

Short spear:
Speed: 306

Pitchfork:
Attack: 16
Speed: 333

Spear:
Speed: 351

Bardiche:
Attack: 48
Speed: 516

Halberd:
Attack: 57
Speed: 616

Staves:

Quarter staff:
Speed: 355

Black staff:
Speed: 391

Gnarled staff:
Speed: 392

Shepard's crook:
Attack: 12
Speed: 450

Other:

Warfork:
Attack: 27
Speed: 390

Pickaxe:
Attack: 15
Speed: 400

Look at the axes category. Battleaxe is commonly accepted to be a good dueling weapon, but in fact the two handed axe does 9 more damage at a cost of only 1 speed. I think I just made this weapon more popular... hopefully certain people don't complain that weapons aren't balanced!

Now look at the staves category. The quarter staff, gnarled staff and black staff all look to be the same size but they range in attack speeds by more then just a few points.

Now look at a bardiche vs a hammer pick. A hammer pick is a smaller weapon but considerably slower then the bardiche.

Even in the real world (I know you like real world examples), bigger doesn't always equal slower and stronger.

Take hockey players for example. Francis Bouillon is a defenseman for the Nashville Predators, is 5'8" and weighs 198lbs. By your logic of bigger = slower and stronger, Bouillon would be a super fast guy and not have a lot of speed. In fact he's the opposite way around. He isn't super fast but he is very powerful.

I hope now you can understand why I made my previous comments.

theres a different of being sarcastic and trying to test my intelligence with you're stupid remarks, i don't care if you're trying to do it out of payback stop being childish i said this is a serious matter that weapons need to be fixed

Anyways back on topic at least you've contriubuated now and posted the weapon statistics

How am I being childish? I'm giving my opinion which happens to not agree with yours. I'm not the one cussing someone out to prove their point.

Ontopic:

Just because one or two larger size weapons are faster or weaker then smaller ones doesn't mean weapons need to be rebalanced...

Tell me what you think would hurt more; getting hit with a blunt quarter staff, or getting slashed by a sword? A sword is more deadly but smaller... See, things make sense if you don't limit yourself to one way of thinking about them.

yes dl lets make a dagger the best weapon in the game you moron

staff you can close this topic eightyswords obviously doesn't know how to shut the hell up you always have to have the last word don't you eighty? enjoy

muto/staff if you need help testing weapons call me in game

smoke just cries cause he thinks its better than bardiche and he wants the bardiche to be the best weapon cause he cant use other weapons or he will die

- regards, Fable

smoke Wrote:stop being childish

:lol:

i can guarantee that every player except for those in your guild agree that your the childish one on this server, and will allways be know as the most childish one.

- regards, Fable

Fable Wrote::lol:

i can guarantee that every player except for those in your guild agree that your the childish one on this server, and will allways be know as the most childish one.

:thumbsup: And it's just unbelievable he doesn't realize this himself and keep calling other people childish and immature.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]