Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wall/Field Casting On Pits Rune

I know we have signs saying it's not allowed to cast walls/fields on pits rune, however I was thinking why don't we just make it disappear when it's casted on the pits rune area?

I know in Occlo entrance if you try to wall the entrance it disappears automatically, can this feature be applied to pits runes (or area of pits rune if the method involves areas...)

Just a suggestion which I think could help this.

It'd be easy to do. One of my spawners is the reason the ones in Ocllo are disappearing. I only added them around the most common areas, but I suppose I could put one around the entrances and exits to the pits. Tongue

-edit- I misread. I thought you were saying it's needed to keep people from walling the pits entrances. I'd have to add a spawner to every pits rune. :<

would that cause a problem though if a spawner was added to each one?

I mean there's not THAT many pits runes around the world.

LudaKrishna Wrote:would that cause a problem though if a spawner was added to each one?

I mean there's not THAT many pits runes around the world.
Probably not that big of a deal. I don't think they'd cause too much server strain. They have 0 second delay, but the way the spawners work, it's every 2-3 seconds that it actually does stuff. If Taran agrees, I could go drop one on all the pits runes.

I'm surprised someone hasn't argued against this with the reasoning 'if you can't wall pits runes then you make it easy for someone to get away' and that's been the reasoning against other proposed changes.

Either way it doesn't bother me, just found it surprising nobody said it yet.

Quote:'if you can't wall pits runes then you make it easy for someone to get away'

But 80.....It's illegal to wall pits runes, like it's against the rules dude that's why I suggested this.

Technically no since there's no rule about walling pits runes on the website rules. However there are certain areas where walling is not allowed (indicated by signs), and I don't think every pits rune has a sign saying no walling here. In fact the only area I can think of like this is where you enter occlo from taking the pad in pits, I always took that to be no walling the entrance, not the pits rune.

Like I said, I have no problems with it staying the way it is or it being changed. I was just saying how I found it ironic that nobody said anything along the lines of what I said.

I agree with you, 80. When I read this I thought it was a little bit carebear, but hey, I didn't want to discuss at all.
The fact is I think walling pits shouldn't be allowed if it's just for annoying in populated areas, but in the other hand I think walling is esencial in PVP and it should be kept the way it is.

Can you only not wall "over" the pits rune? What's the distance from the pits rune your have to wall for it to be legal? If it doesn't specify, then why couldn't you just cast a wall 1 tile over and drop boxes on the sides of the pits rune? Wink