Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Its incredeble....

[quote=Silverwolf][quote=p!nk dr@g0n] it might have been easy for you, but you have played this game for 10+ years and are good at it. Not everyone can be compared to you.QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I think he hit the ball on that one. Look back at everyones post, everyones talking about how "it only took me 48 hours to GM 6 skills, it isnt hard"

BUDDY, are you that new guy who just walked into a stranger shard?

The guy walks in, doesnt know what to expect, doesnt know what to raise, what the main city is, what anything is... now take it from a newbies point of view... [/QUOTE]

the newbie you speek of apparently has never played uo.
lowering the skill gain will not help him!
nice ppl and a better newb dungeon will (taran is looking into it k)
Point 1

[QUOTE]-Why are you assuming everyone knows to login with Razor, and knows how to use it. or Injection, or any other third party program.

-Why are you assuming every newbie(by newbie i mean new guy) knows as much as you do when it comes to raising skills

-Why are you assuming that everyone newbie has 10+ years experience in the game and knows exactly how to start off and what to gm.[/QUOTE]

razor is pretty standard i believe the main page gives this info
as far as using it everyone has to learn sometime an lower skillgain will still not fix this kk

[QUOTE]If tomorrow a new guy walked in and asked me how can I make decent money to get started, I would have to tell him to go kill what? I DONT EVEN KNOW. Go into Destard and hunt down the dungeon with overcrowded dragons?[/QUOTE]

if they ask after taran adjust the newb dungeon you'll know just what to say right?

[QUOTE]that's the only logical place I would say, id never recommend the newbie dungeon cause its a complete waste of time with the loot you get. and besides destard, all the other dungeons are mazes and takes 3 people to do lol.(people WITH experience, notice how these 3 guys already know about the system here, were talking about the newbies) dungeons dont have rez spots, certain places in dungeons if you die, you cannot go back because while your dead you cannot teleport over a certain spot, its fukin ridiculous if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

i 100% agree there should be res anks and pit portals mabye not every 10 feet but somewhat convently located

[QUOTE]I'll give you a real quick example...

Sunday, around 6PM EST if im correct... The shard was DEEEEEAAAAAADDDDDD,, and by dead i mean no soul walking around in britian, AFKERS in pits, no one anywhere, no one dueling in the arenas, you can hear a pinfall...

BOOM, MUTO pops up and hosts a 1vs1 tourney... within 10 minutes, there was 20+ people who came outta no where, and there was an increase of player base of minimum 10 people...

After the event was over, there was still some activity and due to active players we managed to get some duels in the arena and such, untill it died two hours later... you can say this is a lack of people in the EST time zone, or you can say its due to lack of events?? thats what I believe it is.

PEOPLE STILL DONT GET IT, YOU DONT NEED TO HAVE "PVP EVENTS" IT CAN BE ANY EVENT, BUT WE NEED A MINIMUM OF 5 EVENTS (TO BE PERFECT) DURING THE DAY

We can have RANDOM Events, but damnit, just have events... examples;

-cock fighting
-wrestling
-horse racing
-mazes
-invisible paths that lead to a prize, dunno what its called(where you must retrace steps and place things cause if you step on a tile you get teled back)
-1vs1 tournies
-2vs2 tournies
-Capture the event (saw this on a server where you have 2-3 teams each start off on a boat and head towards an island and try to take it over)
-Monster Bashs
-Occlo Invasions (a monster takes over the town, pvp or no pvp(gm chooses) and we take it down.
-treasure hunts
-ETC... (people give your advice on new events, these came from the top of my head) theres many more possibilites, and less repetitive events.

This server is lacking creativity, its too stuck on the "players must entertain themselves motive, its all wrong... Forget the skill gain and shit...

If theres events going on, theres people active, and theres going to be many more interested to join... if there's an event going on that you dont like, you know that theres one next that your interested in, so you will go hunt/pvp in the meanwhile...

we need the staff to keep us into it, Kandorin I dont wanna hear your BS about players must entertain themselves, youve repeated yourself 10 times over. They will entertain themselves when theres people to ENTERTAIN WITH.

Right now we need a boost that only staff members can provide. Not to mention ANSWER OUR DAMN PAGES!!!!!! this is the most aggrivating thing ever, not seeing a gm on to help. we need that, this is the MAIN MAIN MAIN problem...

im done[/QUOTE]

you gotta let the staff thing go man, you need cyber slaped or something
there's no way you haven't seen any of tarans post saying he's tryin to solves ALL these issues except skill gain

Than you must have missed my last post where I said I already know its being taken care of.

and yes I know I repeated myself several times, seems like it worked lmao.

seems like the way to get things done around here is by repeating yourself untill its ingraved in your head. mission accomplished

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

Rabbi Samild Wrote:Some of those people are banned. I hope those on your list really aren't letting you be their spokesperson. If so, that's sad. You never played anyway. Your intentions are good, but all you've done is whined and *****ed and said the GMs hate you, blah blah blah. You have probably never even played "UO" which is a game that involves more than just running around spamming power words then logging off.

Skill gain is fine. Quit whining. You could've trained all of your skills to GM now in the time you've whined about it. And PVM is fine, you just don't know where to hunt.

I'm not challenging how you feel I'm challenging how you're going about it. Skills aren't going to get easier just because people are too lazy to spend a week training every PVP skill to GM, that's just too bad. It's really easy, for real. I could make a 2500 skill char in a week with all GM combats, healing, magery, etc. PVM and moneymaking is easy. Start suggesting ways of making it more profitable, not EASIER.

Stop posting. You're just being lazy.

First of all. My thoughts are not just "skillgain is too hard". There is a lot of things messed up, but I'll only talk about skillgain to clarify my opinion.
For a newbie in UO, skillgain will be hard.
For a veteran, this is how I see it:
[INDENT]PVP skills: Let's give everyone GM Magery, Resist, EvalInt, Meditation, Tactics, Healing, Anatomy, Swords and Archery. Having these skills hard only make bad to the server[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Craft skills: Let's make them profitable while macroing if you buy your resources from vendor (1GP is enough) letting people sell those items to NPC vendors (This will also avoid in most cases that macroing affects market if you make it profitable only with the lowest items, such as level 1 scrolls, level 1 potions, etc)[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Other skills: Put it a little more easy. These skills burn people minds too[/INDENT]

That's my exact opinion about skills.

Kandorin Wrote:Theres alot of people in Portugal (everyone actually) that would want to see the taxes lowered. Guess what? Not happening :/

Lol im from Portugal and i cant understand what u trying to say xD

[Image: 746725013.png]

Love Wrote:First of all. My thoughts are not just "skillgain is too hard". There is a lot of things messed up, but I'll only talk about skillgain to clarify my opinion.
For a newbie in UO, skillgain will be hard.
For a veteran, this is how I see it:
[INDENT]PVP skills: Let's give everyone GM Magery, Resist, EvalInt, Meditation, Tactics, Healing, Anatomy, Swords and Archery. Having these skills hard only make bad to the server[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Craft skills: Let's make them profitable while macroing if you buy your resources from vendor (1GP is enough) letting people sell those items to NPC vendors (This will also avoid in most cases that macroing affects market if you make it profitable only with the lowest items, such as level 1 scrolls, level 1 potions, etc)[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Other skills: Put it a little more easy. These skills burn people minds too[/INDENT]

That's my exact opinion about skills.

The thing is man, the other skills help you make money. Cartographty, lockpicking, provocation, discord, peacemaking, veterinary... they all make pvm or treasure hunting possible. Other than these skills there are crafts and pvp skills. What else is there to train?

Rabbi Samild Wrote:The thing is man, the other skills help you make money. Cartographty, lockpicking, provocation, discord, peacemaking, veterinary... they all make pvm or treasure hunting possible. Other than these skills there are crafts and pvp skills. What else is there to train?

The thing is woman, yes, I was referring to those skills too. What's the problem about it?

Phantom Wrote:Lol im from Portugal and i cant understand what u trying to say xD
Os impostos lol

[Image: Kandorin%20Banner.jpg]
Holy Marquess, The Ministry

.::Vendor Taylor at Britain Church::.
.::Need anything crafted? I'm your man.Contact me!::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Daemon Steel - 1171::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Old Copper - 1159::.

Guys just a quick message to let you know your account payments are due...

Wait... you guys don't pay to play here do you...? Wink

Apollo Wrote:Guys just a quick message to let you know your account payments are due...

Wait... you guys don't pay to play here do you...? Wink

For a second i tought it was real :eek: :lol:

I read the first page only, as a former player at IN all I have to say is that yeah I'd love to be able to play this game again, but at the end of the day I don't have 4 years in college to waste bunking off so i can play 24/7 anymore. The simple fact is you're always going to struggle to get a decent playerbase on a game that is well past its sell by date. Especially if i have to leave the game running for three weeks before i feel I'm good enough to do anything... I guess skill gain speed is the stumbling block for a lot of us former players.

Of course this brings up a dilemma with older players who do still have the time to waste and who have put the hours in. And yeah, to a degree they're right. But on the same note if they want to actually make use of the invested time the've put into their characters, I would hope a compromise could be made, before you get older players leaving through boredom (i'm presuming this tends to happen). I'm guessing now that beta is finished the staff are happy with the skill gains set/new player friendly-ness etc etc so I'm not sure how logistically this could be done.

Although I have to say, for the brief time I did jump back in game I felt very well looked after as a new player, and did pick up the basics of pvp in a matter of hours, my only fear is that all new players don't get a similar welcome to my own... And i STILL didn't feel like i wanted to stay.

The fact is on IN1 I had a very "pimped" out character that all in all I invested around 4 years in. When it was deleted I pretty much thought "**** it" and despite the yearning desire to return, I just don't have the patience or time anymore.

I hope this was constuctive for you

I haven't read the forums in like 3 weeks, but yesterday i heard from Hilbert there was a topic going on about the skillgain, so that's why i reply. (btw. i just read the first 2 pages).

I don't know what Camaron is trying to get, i think he wants to increase the overall skillgain which makes it faster. Bc i saw him talking about Alchemy.

My opinion is that the skillgain of the well formed PvP skills should be increased, bc this could give players a fast starting point to play. I guess it will attract players to join us (again).

I think this as a compromise, the other skill gain can be held like how it is.
Besides that i am sure, that i am ONE of the less players who really HATE to train there skills. e.g. Provocation took me e.g. 400 hours to GM from 55.0, at Blacksmithing i gained 2.3 from 12k iron when i was at 65.0. And so on..
But you don't "HEAR" me cry... I do cry irl about it, but you aint hearing it :badgrin: Rolleyes

P.s. I still don't have every skill which you need to PvP/PK but i don't bother anymore spending energy time/bill on a wasted macro..

voodoo Wrote:it seems ppl choose 2 ignore what they dont wana read...theres been 5 or more post about ppl complainin bout things and how to try and turn player base around..Out of the 5 or more post its been like 15 or more vs like 3 ppl but anyone who can do something bout it wants to see that

First of all the staff shouldent be talking bout how they want the shard to be..I Mean all staff.. am sorry but witout players there no shard..You guys need to listen to the majority of people...

The economy sucks because there 5 ppl who hunt..There no point hunting...hunting sucks unless you know a few tricks and all the ppl who know them arent giving them out.. Extrems are actualy shit to hunt..Also i know am not speaking for myself when i say this but.. Am not going to waste my time hunting for hours or spend 40345035 years gettin money to gms skills when the shard loses 5 ppl a week. B4 u guys try n make ppl spend 3423424 years gettin skills you need a playerbase to do so..As of right now there no goal to wana hunt or train skills.

Taran am sorry but wtf if 80% of players say something is hard or it needs a change why do u say its staying like that? do u want a server with 10 people..

And honeslty am going to get hated for this but when it comes down to it both In and Xuo fail and all of u need to understand that..if it wasnt so we woudent of merged.. and there wouldent of been 1-4 of the same server.. so when it comes down to it even with the merge stuff from both shards need to change even if its little changed.. And i mean everything..pvp,hunting,skills and whatever els.. WE HAVE GOOD ADMINS N SCRIPTOS WHO DO TRY ...but when it comes down to it there stubborn and cant accept a change..and that will cause this server to die just as others did unless they can start to understand majority>>>>>>>> thats how things work if 90% of ppl want something and 10% and the staff agrees with 10% ... the staff can host for the 10% while everyone els leaves...Taran , shade and Maka u guys need to listen to majority even if its ltl tweaks to skills , pvp and hunting do it...u guys workd hard to bring server up dont let it die cuz u guys are stubborn

If Taran made a change every single time 10 people asked for it, there would be no consistency to this shard. Skillgain would be made easier one day and harder the next since some find it too hard right now and others find it too easy. We wouldn't have XUO style PvP, we wouldn't have pits, etc.

voodoo I don't think you've played IN:X for a period of more then a few months in a row. If you had, you would have noticed there are trends that this shard goes through. A while back people were complaining about the PvP, before that it was pits, before that it was the PvP and skillgain, etc.

Camaron posted a list of people who want easier skillgain, well I'm sure someone else could just as easily make a list of people who want the IN style PvP back. Does that mean it should happen?

Before Taran makes a huge change to IN:X he has to consider the long term effects on the shard and the opinions of everyone, not just the handful voicing their opinions. This is why maka and colddrake left the shard in his control, because he is an objective person who doesn't act on a whim. He considers all the possible avenues to try and make the best decision.