Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Its incredeble....

Yes, good word to describe him Smile

How about everyone stops b*tching and plays some fracking UO. If we all spent as much time ingame as on the forums there'd be 100 people online. GM's might also want to do stuff for us since they wouldn't be getting criticized on the forums in every single fracking thread.

Why i should waste my time trying to make the server grow up since staff doesnt hear us? I tryied to help in the past bringing a lot of friends to the shard giving them items and saying them how to macro their skills. I wont lost more my time trying to help since staff are close mind and dont notice something should be done. I said this more than a year ago and still dont hear me. I posted a list and in that list are more players than the ones than post here saying skillgain is fine so MORE people complain about skillgain that the ones that thin its fine. So there is more people that think the skillgain is bad. Maybe with that information u should do something. But im sure if u do that someday it will be so late because u allways think are right. Im only based in the people which i talked with because as i said i dont give a **** about skills i have mine and dont need more.

All skills except crafts are already easy. I made a character from scratch just to test it out. Using around 2000gp I had GM anatomy, eval int, healing, magic resist, swords, tactics and meditation in about 48h. You don't need more than 90 magery for anything anyway. I still don't get why would people macro it if all they want is to PvP? It's not all combats, I get it, but you won't need all of them right away anyway. You can easily get started with what I listed and macro some more later on. It can't get much easier to get started unless skills were given away completely free.

With economy as it is, it's not worth raising a skill like alchemy anyway. Manas already sell almost at price of materials it costs to make. It would be even worse if alchemy was made even easier.

You can't just log on, have GM all skills and your bank full of armor, weapons and money. It's not a war shard and never was intended to be.

Camaron, most of the people in your list have PvP ready characters anyway. What do they have to complain about? Skillgain is not the problem. Everyone hears you, some just don't agree with you. There is a difference.

Kamos Wrote:All skills except crafts are already easy. I made a character from scratch just to test it out. Using around 2000gp I had GM anatomy, eval int, healing, magic resist, swords, tactics and meditation in about 48h. You don't need more than 90 magery for anything anyway. I still don't get why would people macro it if all they want is to PvP? It's not all combats, I get it, but you won't need all of them right away anyway. You can easily get started with what I listed and macro some more later on. It can't get much easier to get started unless skills were given away completely free.

With economy as it is, it's not worth raising a skill like alchemy anyway. Manas already sell almost at price of materials it costs to make. It would be even worse if alchemy was made even easier.

You can't just log on, have GM all skills and your bank full of armor, weapons and money. It's not a war shard and never was intended to be.

Camaron, most of the people in your list have PvP ready characters anyway. What do they have to complain about? Skillgain is not the problem. Everyone hears you, some just don't agree with you. There is a difference.

Thank you Kamos.

[Image: Kandorin%20Banner.jpg]
Holy Marquess, The Ministry

.::Vendor Taylor at Britain Church::.
.::Need anything crafted? I'm your man.Contact me!::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Daemon Steel - 1171::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Old Copper - 1159::.

Camaron I know you're only trying to help, but I think the staff understand what the players are asking for. Here's what I see people asking for, and what the staff are doing about it.

1) Some people want all skills to be made easier.
Taran said there will be no changes made to skillgain as he, and other staff members feel the skills are fine as they are, and even that they're too easy.

2) Some people are asking that skills like magery, meditation, resisting spells, healing, etc be made easier to train, and the other skills stay as they are.
Taran said there will be no changes made to skillgain as he, and other staff members feel the skills are fine as they are, and even that they're too easy.

Obviously I have no control over anything, but I feel if enough people were to agree on making these skills a little easier then maybe the staff would be willing to do this change. You have to admit that getting these skills made easier would be better then nothing.

3) More staff
Taran has already said he is looking into the staff situation. Presumably he meant he will be hiring more staff or replacing the truly inactive ones. Nobody here can say which staff are and aren't active since none of us play 24 hours.

4) Changes made to hunting like some easier monsters, slightly increased loot.
I haven't really seen the staff comment on this, other then maka when he said something like "if players can find the right monsters then that's a problem".

5) More players
Nobody can snap their fingers or click their heels together to make more people appear. It is up to us, the players, to make this happen. Tell your friends, log in, do something random ingame, anything to just have something happen for 5 minutes.

Before the server came out of beta we were usually around 30 players and lots of people were saying "if IN:X reaches 50 players i'll play". So many people were saying this that if they all played we would have been at 50-60 players, not 30. Now we are at 40-50 players and people are saying "if IN:X reaches 60-70 players i'll play". What's next? When we get to 60-70 players people will be asking for 100 players before they play?

Kamos Wrote:All skills except crafts are already easy. I made a character from scratch just to test it out. Using around 2000gp I had GM anatomy, eval int, healing, magic resist, swords, tactics and meditation in about 48h.

I'm not sure how you got all that done in just ~48 hours. It took me ~50 hours just to do evaluating intelligence and anatomy...

Kamos Wrote:Camaron, most of the people in your list have PvP ready characters anyway. What do they have to complain about? Skillgain is not the problem. Everyone hears you, some just don't agree with you. There is a difference.

That's the thing, Camaron is asking for easier skillgain to encourage new players, not to benefit himself!

I've tried acting as an intermediary trying to help get things accomplished but I'm fed up with everyone demanding that things be done only their way. If 30 people ask for 30 different things nothing will get changed. If 30 people all ask for 1 thing maybe it will get changed. Since nobody is willing to make any compromises you can all enjoy arguing with each other because I've had enough of this crap and people trying to get every staff member fired because they are gone for a week. Everyone thinks they can do a better job then the people doing it now, but until you have done it you don't realize the amount of work being put in.

Enjoy the useless arguing, flaming, and hating on staff because I've had enough of it and it won't get you anywhere.

Kamos maybe lots of them dont have all skills and dont want to macro alchemy (for example)for three weeks 24/7 to raise it

Camaron Wrote:Kamos maybe lots of them dont have all skills and dont want to macro alchemy (for example)for three weeks 24/7 to raise it

alchemy fast skill

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eighty Swords Wrote:I'm not sure how you got all that done in just ~48 hours. It took me ~50 hours just to do evaluating intelligence and anatomy...

If I remember right, eval int has no delay and anatomy raises together with combats and healing. Why would you ever macro anatomy on it's own? Again, problem is not the skillgain. Problem I see is that people don't know how to optimize their macros and how to for example collect their own cloth for bandages. Takes 5mins and you are set for almost GMing healing on one go.

Even with unoptimized macros it shouldn't take longer than 72h of online time to macro skills that I listed. I think that's fast enough. Are you talking about online time? If you are, you obviously aren't doing it the most efficient way. For example, I see people constantly dying in training grounds because their macros suck and makes them criminal by trying to use bandages from other corpses or something like that.

Eighty Swords Wrote:That's the thing, Camaron is asking for easier skillgain to encourage new players, not to benefit himself!

If that'd be the case, then what good does it do to list player names that don't belong to that group (new players)? As you can see from his own post above...

Camaron Wrote:Kamos maybe lots of them dont have all skills and dont want to macro alchemy (for example)for three weeks 24/7 to raise it

...he seems to have meant skills like alchemy, as in crafting skills. I already mentioned why it shouldn't be made easier and why nobody would ever need it to PvP.

staff hear us, and they do act. things are looked up into but you guys want it to go real fast.

and why waste you're time in forums but not game? i mean if you would macro instead of just writing here, you might have been able to play now =)

oh and for magery. if you choose it at 90, go hunt, it will level up by itself. just fix scrolls and you wont fizzle. kenzo fixed it easily that way (my cousin)

what i mean is you don't have to macro to train skills. you can use it allready and get cash/skill at the same time. cool huh? :lol:

- regards, Fable

Kamos Wrote:If I remember right, eval int has no delay and anatomy raises together with combats and healing. Why would you ever macro anatomy on it's own? Again, problem is not the skillgain. Problem I see is that people don't know how to optimize their macros and how to for example collect their own cloth for bandages. Takes 5mins and you are set for almost GMing healing on one go.

Even with unoptimized macros it shouldn't take longer than 72h of online time to macro skills that I listed. I think that's fast enough. Are you talking about online time? If you are, you obviously aren't doing it the most efficient way. For example, I see people constantly dying in training grounds because their macros suck and makes them criminal by trying to use bandages from other corpses or something like that.

In my evaluating intelligence and anatomy macros I didn't include any delays since there's no time interval between when you can use the skill (like how peacekeeping you can use it only every 10 seconds or however long). However I didn't know you would gain anatomy just by attacking someone. That could definitely save you some time!

When I mentioned ~50 hours for just evaluating intelligence and anatomy I counted actual macro time, not the time from the moment I logged in to the moment I closed UO. I also macroed while I was working at the computer so if I crashed or died I'd see it within a few minutes instead of starting the macro at night and seeing in the morning that it stopped after some unknown time.

As for collecting supplies or hunting to make money to train a skill, I didn't count these things either when I was making a character from scratch to see how long it takes. I counted actual macro time.

Eighty Swords Wrote:If we all spent as much time ingame as on the forums there'd be 100 people online.

No.

Kamos Wrote:You can't just log on, have GM all skills and your bank full of armor, weapons and money. It's not a war shard and never was intended to be.

For thinking that's what we're asking for, you've proven you don't read any of the posts and that you are retarded. You have nothing to do in this thread, please leave.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]