Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Counter Suggestion

Yeah, this is my counter suggestion...I havent been on much, mostly because people keep complaining....but I really like this shard, I love rp'ing here and see great potential in my players on this shard...

Basically I decided to come with my own suggestion, this is because I began
actually reading most of the post about complaints...

To start of with, I will try to address some of the wishes the other posts has
commented, but first a little about me:

I am a pvp'er and a rp'er....I like rp'ing most, and alot of the pvp'ers I found actually threat me better since I rp, well except for the times I get naked para'd, but I am okay with that, I take my actions and live with it, so no worries there.

The last skill I gm'ed was lock picking...it felt great..now I have been working on cartography...

Well back to the wishes

More gms ?....well I can understand that, but I can also understand why if I was a gm I wouldnt like to read the forums...always 5-8 complaints in top 40 posts...that is up to a whooping 20% complaints...

Hard skills gaining ? ....I can live with what I got, hard just makes me like it more when I gm it...and I am not a normal macroer, I dont even have any melee skills up to gm...I dont care..I like gaining while actually doing something in the world, so I like with the long time....

I like the skill gains and pvp skills are mostly easy and the once who arent you can take if you use skill stone wisely

More loot from monsters ? Well....to start with I would have agreed, but I found out myself that I just didnt know where to go, so after joining a few hunting groups, I can now see it is fine and I enjoy it very much.

....Well that is basically the main wishes from the many complaints
easier skill gain, more loot, more active gms.....I only agree with last

So what is my grand suggestion...?

Well I think we should make IN-X pvm oriented....yeah I just wrote that..

While reading all the posts I began noticing that the majority of the complaints came from pvp'ers, who also stood for the majority of the flame and lame posts on this forum....

I am not saying remove pvp, but instead of advertising for this to be pvp heaven, lets make this a pvm oriented server so we loose most of the whine and complaining and people can have fun.

People can still pvp if they wont, but they wont be expecting monthly skill adjustments and every little pvp debate to resolve in a minimum 2 spreadsheat fix.....

I will put on my flame resistant suit and await the flames

to shorten it down
No macroing pvp skills doesnt take centuries

Yes crafting skills are hard to gm...but they are good and you cant expect every little thing you want to be easy and / or free

PvM here is fun.....pvp is fun also....I do both...mostly pvp and I love it

I love the shard and its gms and I will regale love stories in centuries to come

To Long Didnt Read ? (tl;dr)
Make it a PvM mostly shard

Yar a Pirate I be, if ye be wishin
then ye can come plunder with me
--------------------------------------
[Image: cantindye8.jpg]

Cantin Wrote:More loot from monsters ? Well....to start with I would have agreed, but I found out myself that I just didnt know where to go, so after joining a few hunting groups, I can now see it is fine and I enjoy it very much.

The fact that you, and many many others, couldn't find out good hunting spots means that it needs to be balanced a bit better. All the places in the world should not be a hunting haven but it should be easy enough to make a decent living in the "normal dungeons".

When I actually played last time I was hunting with Crow (my friend) for a decent bit. We tried to GM our crafts (Me scribe, he alch) but decided to stop around 90ish as it seemed to be enough. Hunting for us was more than adequate but since a lot of new people don't agree, it feels like we do need to change it somehow.

We were not hunting for gear, just for cash so we can buy resources to macro. My experience from what I saw from this (a long time ago, no clue if hunting has been change for the worse, but I do not think so) was that it wasn't too bad, but then I'm also counting that I got magery and that I had decent archery.

I understand your idea of advertising this shard as something else, and I believe it can be good if it can bring players. More players = move PvPing for everyone but people need to understand that it is not a pure PvM shard. If they thought that it was, logged on, saw the PvPing then they would log.

Well we could make it easier to start hunting by making a starter hunting group like the pvp school...

If I say make it a more pvm oriented shard why do you comment it being good since it would bring more people to pvp ?
confuses me to be honest =/

and I say pvm oriented since then alot of the pure pvp'ers that complain so much will leave for another place and the shard can finally grow, and not be threatend or get yelled at by mad players who basically just want to join and be able to fight with the best within a week....

I might actually start my storyline if all this negativity wasnt around...a happy population of a shard will attract more people. The current posts are reason enough for no gm's and people leaving =/

I just want to play with people who enjoy themselves, fight, pk, gank whatever just dont complain all the time about your often biased view on random subject and claim you are right and that nothing is being done since a gm dont go right in and spend minimum 5 hours fixing your personal fixation

I'd be willing to lead a pvm school. Maybe make it like pvp school. Set up a dungeon that we can crawl through and I can show them some techniques in casting, healing, bardic skills, etc.

Cantin, I said it cause players generally bring PvP. If we don't actually forbid PvP, PvP would happen and increase. I tried pointing out that your suggestion has some PvP value too, even if it is the directly opposite, so that the current shard population can approach it a slight bit more gently. Things do not have to either be PvP or PvM exclusively, one change can add joy and value to both parts. Making this a pure PvM shard will not be successful I think, but what do I know.

Rabbi, a PvM school lead by you sounds ****ing cool, I love the idea.

True true maka....I would love the pvp, and I agree the pvp would come naturally....

IN:X
Monster Slaying ? Check
Role Playing ? Check
PvP if you want ? sure

IN:X a great adventure for the truely adventurous spirit

Quote:Rabbi, a PvM school lead by you sounds ****ing cool, I love the idea.

yeah rabbi give out those l33t spawns u got Tongue, it is however a good idea.

on cantin's post i won't even comment on it as i don't want to start a flame war but remember it's a PvP/PvM/RP Shard instead of trying to change what the shard is just help newbies and just be active...that's what would help the shard.

LudaKrishna Wrote:on cantin's post i won't even comment on it as i don't want to start a flame war but remember it's a PvP/PvM/RP Shard instead of trying to change what the shard is just help newbies and just be active...that's what would help the shard.

Well our thoughts aren't that different, I want to help people and newbies...

and yes this is a pvp/pvm/rp shard...I would be happy if people was content with that, but we seem to have alot of people displeased with what they have currently...ofcourse not saying that it couldnt get better or that suggestions are void.

My idea of being pvm/rp/pvp (difference is what is top priority) is merely to show that IN:X has a different angle and it isnt all about pleasing people who wants to pvp the instant they create a character on our shard, or the people who just cant help themselves with forum attacks

Cantin, the complaints from PVPers came AFTER the playerbase going down. It's logical, since no playerbase = no PVP.
Moreover, I think the merge was not the best of the ideas, that IN and XUO would be more successfull not being together, since XUO players and IN players want opposite things in a server (not only in the PvP, but in the whole UO-world)
People will say I'm not helping the shard, but I think the best help would be a separation. In fact I will play both shards if there is a separation and skills are kept.

server decay.

Peace . xDDDD

WarMachine Wrote:server decay.

what's the supposed to mean?

Still willing to host a pvm school.

Rabbi Samild Wrote:what's the supposed to mean?

Still willing to host a pvm school.

teach me jedi rabbi