Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Black Widows

[SIZE="5"]Problem solved![/SIZE]

Ok, we found out what was making the black widows so overpowered, and we found a way to fix it :] It will be implemented upon next reboot, until then try to live with them, but I will not allow them in my 1v1/2v2/rep/ffa tourneys at least, not until the fix has been implemented.

Regards,
Hate

Thanks to Maka we managed to find a bug with all bows that made them hit a lot more often then they were supposed to in PvP (not for PvM).

This has been fixed now and we are going to test and tweak all the bows again to compensate, the BW won't be as strong as it was before though.

*edit*
Damn you Hate, you beat me to it Tongue

Taran Wrote:Thanks to Maka we managed to find a bug with all bows that made them hit a lot more often then they were supposed to in PvP (not for PvM).

This has been fixed now and we are going to test and tweak all the bows again to compensate, the BW won't be as strong as it was before though.

*edit*
Damn you Hate, you beat me to it Tongue

Haha, sorry Wink What are you still doing up? Go to sleep! Wink

Here's a lil additional information for anybody whose still confused on what was causing the issue:

The script apparantly didn't "count the hits", so it looked at every hit as the first hit. There for the chance of hitting everytime was very high, and there was no limit to how many hits you could get in a row. That combined with pretty high hit dmg made it very hard to survive against.

After next reboot it'll be back to how it was suppose to be, and hopefully by fixing this it will also remove the "imbalanced" feel from the weapon. It may still hit as hard but not nearly as often.

And like Taran said, it won't affect PvM either :]

Regards,
Hate

good job staff Big Grin

but i have a feeling that some will still come up with posts about this not being good enough.. Rolleyes

- regards, Fable

Thank you Taran/Maka/Hate.

MadMan Wrote:Dude. Relax.. Your not even worth mentioning as a PvPer anyways.. and also look at how your talking to the people whos going to fix this..

MadMan Wrote:as for pink dragon.. im assuming hes "Jesus" if thats the case then what I said on a previous post still stands.

You don't even know who I am? How can you say I'm not even worth mentioning? I'll duel you for anything you want anytime you want, sir.

Hate Wrote:The decision didn't "fall on me", Taran told you he would let us (me and some other staffmembers that knows more about PvP) test it, balance it, and fix it if needed. That however does not mean that I can make the call to DISABLE them in duel stone-arenas or tourneys WITHOUT first having tested them, just because some players (not every single pvper) say that they are imbalanced, so there for I told you that you'd have to talk to Taran about that.

Here it comes:
You have been harassing players here at the forums for some time now. I have got emails and messages from players saying how you keep harassing them, calling them idiots and flaming back towards pretty much everything they say.

First of all, what I told you was we've all already tried it and it's unbalanced... If you don't want to listen to me, listen to the shards two biggest PVPers (Gang-Bang and Technique, according to stats not myself). And I was right, wasn't I?
Second of all, I haven't been harassing anyone. Taran made a huge mistake saying calling people idiots isn't harassment so I abused it until he would realize it's not ok. The second Taran told me to stop I did, kthx. The reason I'm rude to you is that you're rude to me. I'm not automatically showing you respect because you're staff. If you don't show me some, forget you'll get some back.
Third of all, thank you very much for listening to the players and showing our opinions respect and trusting us.....

[SIZE="1"]I told you so.[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damnit, we only made it to 10 pages Sad

Rabbi Samild Wrote:Damnit, we only made it to 10 pages Sad

14 for me lol!

Good work staff!

Eighty Swords Wrote:14 for me lol!

Good work staff!

Oh nice... maybe I should reduce the number of legendary posts I have per page.

now that this is all done, and ive read from page 5-10... I have only two things to say.

1. Thank you Taran/Hate/MAka/ and any other staff that put the time to realize that from the start this weapon was ridicuously overpowered/retarded...

and.

2... Hiroshima, Please... *edited by Taran* Not appropriate

Thanks

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

Ok since problem is solved I'm going to close this topic now

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:First of all, what I told you was we've all already tried it and it's unbalanced... If you don't want to listen to me, listen to the shards two biggest PVPers (Gang-Bang and Technique, according to stats not myself). And I was right, wasn't I?
If you missed it I was the first staffmember to agree with you. I said that it looked like it was imbalanced when I saw Tech duel treallypoot. We still had to test it before we could fix it tho.

Pink Dragon Wrote:The reason I'm rude to you is that you're rude to me. I'm not automatically showing you respect because you're staff. If you don't show me some, forget you'll get some back.
When have I ever been rude to you? I am never rude to anybody, I stay very neutral in all my posts.

Pink Dragon Wrote:Third of all, thank you very much for listening to the players and showing our opinions respect and trusting us.....
No problem.

Since Taran has closed the topic you are free to PM me with a reply if there is something in what I just said that you do not agree with, but I see no reason why you wouldn't. Ah well, good thing it all worked out at least, now everybody's happy and the topic is closed. What a happy ending!

Regards,
Hate

Edit: I'd also like to say that since the "fix" for the black widow was added during a crash it may not be perfectly balanced yet, we did not have time to test it after we added the fix to stop the "100 hits in a row" issue, but we assume that it should be good now though (if the fix has been implemented). If it is not properly balanced yet then we will balance it even further in a near future, just so you know, so don't freak out if it's not 100% balanced yet, but hopefully it is.

Edit again: I just spoke to Taran and apparantly he didn't initialize the fix for the bows yet, so you'll have to wait a lil while longer before he does that. He wants us to test the damage input first as well and see if it needs to be lowered as well. I'll re-open the thread as well so that you can write your input on how much damage you think it should be lowered etc, and we will take a look at it. Also keep in mind that the "100 hits in a row" issue is the biggest problem, so when that gets fixed it won't be so dangerous anymore, however it may still hit hard so focus on the damage and say what you think. Thanks for understanding.