Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Black Widows

Taran Wrote:Uh Eighty, the custom weapons do exactly the same damage to monsters and players. It's just that in certain areas (like duelstones) it won't make a critical hit/special attack.

The Black Widow has been around for a long while now, I'm surprised noone started using it in duels until now. It's one of the best weapons and it's quite hard to get. And as far as I remember Sup bard of Vanq should still be more powerful. And if you're worried about healing all the time there are tricks to make the opponent heal instead, that can happen with all weapons and not just the Black Widow.

taran it's faster than a bard and does 50 damage each hit it's actually impossible to win if your dueling an experienced duler not to mention that nobody uses bows in duels until now because bards are usually the weapon of choice these bows hit to hard and to fast it needs a reduction like silver weapons

smoke Wrote:taran it's faster than a bard and does 50 damage each hit it's actually impossible to win if your dueling an experienced duler not to mention that nobody uses bows in duels until now because bards are usually the weapon of choice these bows hit to hard and to fast it needs a reduction like silver weapons
That bow is good as it is. People use it to hunt and if it gets nerfed a simple elven bow will be better so no nerfing pls. Besides you all use bards at pvp so keep using them

[Image: Kandorin%20Banner.jpg]
Holy Marquess, The Ministry

.::Vendor Taylor at Britain Church::.
.::Need anything crafted? I'm your man.Contact me!::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Daemon Steel - 1171::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Old Copper - 1159::.

that is why i said it should do -25% damage on players....keep it the way it is for hunting....

LudaKrishna Wrote:that is why i said it should do -25% damage on players....keep it the way it is for hunting....
Or that yeah

[Image: Kandorin%20Banner.jpg]
Holy Marquess, The Ministry

.::Vendor Taylor at Britain Church::.
.::Need anything crafted? I'm your man.Contact me!::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Daemon Steel - 1171::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Old Copper - 1159::.

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:
Eighty Swords Wrote:You must be smoke's twin or something... Why do I have no business in this thread? Because you ganked me the other day? Because the topic of this thread came up in the duel area? As for being ashamed about this, maybe I wasn't 100% right, but the weapon does act differently towards players then towards monsters and that's all I was trying to explain.

OMG, that's the most retarded thing I've heard in my entire life. What the f*ck does that have to do with anything? Wow, you're retarded for real. I'm sorry I've been rubbing it in...

It's the mentality of some people on the forums and it makes no sense. That's why I said it... to show you how stupid the reasoning of some people is.

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:The reason you have absolutely nothing to do here is that you have absolutely nothing to come with, in fact you're doing the exact opposit and giving the wrong information. If you want a fight, start one in Off topic please, no need to invade every f*cking one of our threads...

I wasn't even addressing you with all my previous posts in this thread but you came and insulted me like usual. Yet again you're the one trying to pick a fight, not me. All I've been saying in this whole thread is how I think something works. If I'm wrong so be it, there are some people on these forums capable of correcting me without trying to insult me.

I've yet to see you contribute anything to the forums, does that mean you have to leave them if I leave this thread?

And what do you mean *our* threads? Just because you're friends with luda or smoke doesn't mean everything they do you're a part of. In fact until you posted here trying to insult me your name didn't even come up...

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:OMG, not 100%? How about 0%?

Did you miss Taran's second sentence; "It's just that in certain areas (like duelstones) it won't make a critical hit/special attack." This means the special weapons have the potential to do more damage vs a monster then vs a player. Do you understand that A > B is the same as B < A? If special weapons have the potential to do more damage vs monsters, thats the same as saying they can do less damage vs players, which I've been saying all along.

Now if you can actually think about something for a few moments before you call me an idiot because you have nothing better to do with your time, you'd see that I was in a way right about special weapons.

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:Now can you please STFU!? Grown ups are trying to work here...

Now that's ironic, the guy who spends his time calling everyone an idiot is talking about acting like grown ups...

[SIZE="4"]Ok stop the flaming everybody![/SIZE]

I haven't had the "pleasure" of duelling against a black widow but I saw when Tech was duelling Treallypoot who was using one, and it did hit almost 40-50 damage in one hit, and it hit very fast, and most of the hits were hard. I agree that that's too much damage for such a fast weapon with such a good % hit rate. Sure there's "tricks to make the enemy heal" like Taran said, but if both players knows this trick then it's still going to be down to who has the most overpowered weapon in the end. I also have to agree with Pink Dragon about one thing, and that is that you can't run away from a bow (at least not in the small 1v1 duel stone arenas), so that makes it all that much better just thanks to that. Weapons that hits hard, and fast, and has a good hit rate, and is a ranged weapon, should not hit harder than a sup acc vanq bardiche which is not ranged and hits slower. That's just common sense to me. So if it does then we will have to look over it.

I think that we need to look over the balancement of a couple of the other rare weapons as well, and I'm pretty sure we will sooner or later. Feel free to add threads (or write in this thread) about other weapons that you (any of you) think are overpowered as well, so that we can test them out on our test server.

Regards,
Hate

Edit: Try to behave.. I will seriously look into enforcing harder forum rules here if you guys don't stop acting like this. And stop calling everybody an idiot Pink Dragon.

It doesnt hit harder than a max bard. Arms lore it and youll see!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Widows SHOULDNT be nerfed in any aspect.!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

can you actually shut up and read? a gm even tested it and agreed it's so sad that you guys don't take the time to read.

IT WONT BE NERFED FOR PVM it will be a reduction like silverweapons a -% because it does do too much damage for PVP

sorry for the nasty comments but hell, you guys normally tell me to read but you guys don't read either it's ridiculous

Well, I didn't test it but I saw what it did to somebody who was wearing a pretty good armor.

Anyways, we won't be "editing anything" without first testing it a lot at the test server. But judging from my first view on it I'd say that it did feel a bit overpowered in my opinion.

Hiroshima, you don't have to worry tho, even if we balance it a bit more for PvP it shouldn't change the damage it does to monsters, so you can still use it for hunting or whatever you use it for. However if you do in fact use it for PvP then it may affect you a little if we change it, but it would still be for the good of the shard.

I'm not saying that anything WILL change yet tho, but we will test them, and if they do hit as hard as it looked like, then we may have to balance them.

If treallypoot just had a whole lot of "lucky hits" on tech, then I guess it won't have to change. We will see when that time comes.

Regards,
Hate

Thx Hate, Also I remember (not sure if i'm correct though) from old shards

player with a bard were better against player with a hally
player with a hally were better against player with a ba's <----- I know that's not logical just remembering how it was..
player with a ba were better against player with a bards

I think it had to do with the how fast each wep hits with hallys being slowest and ba's being fastest.

My suggestion would be to implement the weapon-balancement from Makas XUO, because everything was very well balanced there, Maka was a good pvper and he did most of it himself with his friends, so it got very well balanced in the end. He put a lot of time into it. We would however have to "balance the IN-weapons" to match with the balancement made on Makas XUO, but I still think that would be a lot easier than balancing every weapon from scratch.

However, this is just my personal opinion, I have not discussed it with the staff team, they may disagree with everything I'm saying, I'm just speaking as a player now, and that is what I think.

Regards,
Hate