Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

About the freezing issue

Well, I know this is a problem that has been here for a lot of time. I read all the threads I found about it but I got nothing clear.

I'm really tired of this issue, because making macros is incredible annoying at the moment. I have to put billions of pauses everywhere in easyUO macros and razor macros (There are more problems that cannot be solved, ie I can't restock more than 1 item with the same Restock Agent). Even my old razor mining macro stopped working. :whipping:
Well, this is a hell. Even playing like normal I freeze if I try to drag anything that my character can't.

I would like to know more about the present situation. If there is any solution or if you are all suffering it. I just want at least to be able to macro Sad

Don't use client 6.0.4.0 and the clients around thatone, it has a flaw in it that makes u freeze sometimes when u drag items and at some other times as well. It is client sided so just change client and you should be fine, it has nothing to do with our server at all.

Regards,
Hate

Love Wrote:Well, this is a hell. Even playing like normal I freeze if I try to drag anything that my character can't.

I've had this issue too, like when you snoop in someone's pack and lift something to see if there is anything under it...

Other then that my Razor macros generally run fine, ocassionally Razor or UO crashes but it's not often.

For your pauses in Razor macros, try not to use pauses when crafting, instead use "wait for gump". This way when you make different items you don't have to adjust the pause time. I also recommend that whenever you run a restock or organizer agent as part of a macro you add a delay of 1 second per item you're restocking or organizing so you have time to move items around and so Razor doesn't try to play the next part of the macro while you're still picking up an item.

I've also found with restock agents, you can't have an item in a bag and that bag in a chest, everything needs to be in the 'top level' of the container you're restocking from or it might not work.

For the mining macro in particular, someone told me they took the one I posted in the player guides section and it worked fine, then Razor got an update and it stopped working. Turns out this person was using UO SL/SA (don't remember which it was) and not ML (Mondains Legacy) and when they switched to ML it worked. I've also heard of other people having issues when using SL/SA, so make sure you're using ML and it's fully patched.

Hate Wrote:Don't use client 6.0.4.0 and the clients around thatone, it has a flaw in it that makes u freeze sometimes when u drag items and at some other times as well. It is client sided so just change client and you should be fine, it has nothing to do with our server at all.

Regards,
Hate

I'll try this. Thanks for the info, Hate.

Eighty Swords Wrote:I've had this issue too, like when you snoop in someone's pack and lift something to see if there is anything under it...

Other then that my Razor macros generally run fine, ocassionally Razor or UO crashes but it's not often.

For your pauses in Razor macros, try not to use pauses when crafting, instead use "wait for gump". This way when you make different items you don't have to adjust the pause time. I also recommend that whenever you run a restock or organizer agent as part of a macro you add a delay of 1 second per item you're restocking or organizing so you have time to move items around and so Razor doesn't try to play the next part of the macro while you're still picking up an item.

I've also found with restock agents, you can't have an item in a bag and that bag in a chest, everything needs to be in the 'top level' of the container you're restocking from or it might not work.

For the mining macro in particular, someone told me they took the one I posted in the player guides section and it worked fine, then Razor got an update and it stopped working. Turns out this person was using UO SL/SA (don't remember which it was) and not ML (Mondains Legacy) and when they switched to ML it worked. I've also heard of other people having issues when using SL/SA, so make sure you're using ML and it's fully patched.

Thanks for the info, but I have no problems with my Razor macros. Just the freezing problem when razor does things fast (That's why I use pauses, because you don't always use gumps)

I don't think it only happens with client 6.0.4.0 and around that version, I have tried client 7 and above and still have the same issue. I think it's Razor that's buggy.

You could try with an earlier client version though.

Taran Wrote:I don't think it only happens with client 6.0.4.0 and around that version, I have tried client 7 and above and still have the same issue. I think it's Razor that's buggy.

You could try with an earlier client version though.

Well the "freezes" when you move items too fast or recently after opening a corpse, or while paralyzed, happens thanks to the client. And it's not just an razor vs client issue because it happens without a 3rd party program as well.

Love: Try this: open a corpse, paralyze yourself, then try to move an item. If your client freezes when you do this then you're using a bad client. If that happens then try to change into another client and see if it works better.

Regards,
Hate

Hate Wrote:Well the "freezes" when you move items too fast or recently after opening a corpse, or while paralyzed, happens thanks to the client. And it's not just an razor vs client issue because it happens without a 3rd party program as well.

Love: Try this: open a corpse, paralyze yourself, then try to move an item. If your client freezes when you do this then you're using a bad client. If that happens then try to change into another client and see if it works better.

Regards,
Hate

Hate, I've tested it right now with the Injection clients that can be found in the website and it doesn't freeze. I used raw clients, without 3th party software like Injection or Razor. I couldn't use these clients with razor Sad (Loop in Verifying Account)
Does anybody know where to find 5.X clients that can be used with razor?

An interesting thing is that I tried to test the 6.0.4 client (The one I've used everyday) WITHOUT razor but I couldn't login (Verifying Account). This is all so messy. lol

EDIT: I tried the para+loot thing with my daily client and I got the freeze. I think there should be one or two more clients in the download section that could be usable with razor. A 5.X version would be great Big Grin

Love Wrote:Hate, I've tested it right now with the Injection clients that can be found in the website and it doesn't freeze. I used raw clients, without 3th party software like Injection or Razor. I couldn't use these clients with razor Sad (Loop in Verifying Account)
Does anybody know where to find 5.X clients that can be used with razor?

An interesting thing is that I tried to test the 6.0.4 client (The one I've used everyday) WITHOUT razor but I couldn't login (Verifying Account). This is all so messy. lol

EDIT: I tried the para+loot thing with my daily client and I got the freeze. I think there should be one or two more clients in the download section that could be usable with razor. A 5.X version would be great Big Grin

I don't know which clients that razor supports, but I think that razor can decrypt almost any client automatically tho. I'll leave it for the razor users to reply to that because I'm not a razor user myself, so I dunno which client it can support. Best of luck to you with finding a client that doesn't freeze you tho. If you could get razor to work with 4.0.5a or 5.0.1h then that should fix your problem tho.

Regards,
Hate

I Use client 5.0.5a and I never got those freeze people experience while moving an item on other person backpack or try to loot corpse out of LOS...

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Finally I have a client running with Razor that doesn't freeze. The 5.0.1h one.
If someone want it, or the staff want to upload it to the download section, here is a link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ES9NEGU9

Love Wrote:Finally I have a client running with Razor that doesn't freeze. The 5.0.1h one.
If someone want it, or the staff want to upload it to the download section, here is a link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ES9NEGU9

I'm glad it all worked out for you :]

Regards,
Hate

Thanks to everyone that posted in this thread :thumbsup: Big Grin