Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dueling Pits Suggestion

I have recently been looking around the shard and trying to see if there are any major issues to be resolved or anything that can enhance the game- playing experiece and so far this is what I have come up with:

1) More Visual: I think that the Duel Pits Gate should be made more visable and away from the mercenary camp gate because when I had first logged on I almost ran into it hehe! I think that if we seperate the 2 gates it makes it more safe for people to navigate. I think it would also promote the Duel Pits if they were visable in pits because they are currently hidden under a roof and I think it could be beneficial if we made the portals more visual.

2) Duel Pits Reg Stones: Reg stones re used to gain easy access to regs for people whom require them asap. I was watching some duels the other day and there were players dying in certain duel boxes because they would run out of regs and since there was no Reg Stone near the duel box, they happened to die because lack of regs. I think that we should have Reg Stones placed in several parts of the Duel Stones so that every box should be able to purchase while they are inside a duel. Just an Idea.

3) Deathmatch: I suggest that now since the shard is up and there are quite a few players, I am still seeing a major problem that I have ALWAYS seen with UO and that is the lack of activity and interaction at this specific time of the day. There is never anything going on. I was thinking maybe since we have no staff at these hours, maybe that automatic DM GAte would encourage players to stay active and maybe a Monster Bash just so that the players could entertain themselves without a Staffmember having to be online as well.

4) Random Prizes: I think that the "Random Prize" should be added into this server. It was this Purpleish stone that loks just like the Silver weapon crystal BUT the Random Prize literally can give you ANYTHING on the shard.... this ranges from... a ticket, regs... a tub.. a colored orn... nothing... I think that these used to make monster bashes VERY intereasting in the older server and I think that it would be a nice addition instead of Monsters in the Monster Bash dropping Boo.

These are just some major ideas i had and I hope to get EVERYONES feedback on them but I want actual feedback and not flameing... So please post your thoughts and lets see what happens..

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

1) More Visual: Made a copy of it next to the stables for now. Seems like a good spot.

2) Duel Pits Reg Stones: Added some and tried to make them inconspicuous, though they still stand out. I can change their itemIDs I guess. Tongue

3) Deathmatch: It'd be pretty easy to make a spawner that would open the DM stone at certain times of the day at intervals. Tongue I'm working on doing something like that with monster bashes, but I need to make about 4-5 more of them and test 'em first.

4) Random Prizes: I love this idea since it'd be easier to add loot to my monster bashes, plus it would be the perfect foil to auto-looters. I'm also sure people get tired of lockpicking all my boxes when I host a MB. Tongue

i like all thoughts

- regards, Fable

dm is bugged can't host that

and random prizes would be pretty lame if you can get a an r/r or an r/r cloth or an amount of like 100k+

there never was a random prize stone i think you got mixed up with the random ride stone :p

other suggestions are good

Eru Wrote:1) More Visual: Made a copy of it next to the stables for now. Seems like a good spot.

2) Duel Pits Reg Stones: Added some and tried to make them inconspicuous, though they still stand out. I can change their itemIDs I guess. Tongue

3) Deathmatch: It'd be pretty easy to make a spawner that would open the DM stone at certain times of the day at intervals. Tongue I'm working on doing something like that with monster bashes, but I need to make about 4-5 more of them and test 'em first.

4) Random Prizes: I love this idea since it'd be easier to add loot to my monster bashes, plus it would be the perfect foil to auto-looters. I'm also sure people get tired of lockpicking all my boxes when I host a MB. Tongue

Eru make sure if its at the stable players can't just step in our they'll run away from gank that way

What's bugged about DM?

Taran Wrote:What's bugged about DM?

when you kill your self you get pts + full refresh and people just keep crashing when they consistantly kill them selves

I think I've told you about this already you may have been busy though

The last changelog says its fixed!

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

There were random prizes Jamie, ask anyone, you have what I said mixed up. You think I mean a stone like the Reg stone but what I mean is those little square stones that you D-click and they transform in your pack bro. You can loot the in a monster bash and it makes looting more intereasting because you have NO IDEA what your getting. Its just a suggestion though, if you dont agree then of course your entitled to your opinion.

ScareCrow Wrote:There were random prizes Jamie, ask anyone, you have what I said mixed up. You think I mean a stone like the Reg stone but what I mean is those little square stones that you D-click and they transform in your pack bro. You can loot the in a monster bash and it makes looting more intereasting because you have NO IDEA what your getting. Its just a suggestion though, if you dont agree then of course your entitled to your opinion.

oh i thought you meant buying crystals from like pvp reward stone in monster bash i dont care

ScareCrow Wrote:2) Duel Pits Reg Stones: Reg stones re used to gain easy access to regs for people whom require them asap. I was watching some duels the other day and there were players dying in certain duel boxes because they would run out of regs and since there was no Reg Stone near the duel box, they happened to die because lack of regs. I think that we should have Reg Stones placed in several parts of the Duel Stones so that every box should be able to purchase while they are inside a duel. Just an Idea.

Since when was being prepared not part of dueling? If someone isn't prepared they deserve to die and if two people are fully prepared and evenly matched, the one who is more reserved and cautious with their supplies should be the victor.

Also, as I stated in another topic, I am not fond of the idea that you can simply resupply in a safe area. Having to leave to restock may in turn cause some action and fun for more players. Duel stones really shouldn't be the place where you can hang out all day until you log off. That's the type of thing that makes the shard seem dead and boring, too many people not out in the actual world. Things like that make players get used to not losing their gear, even when they lose and end up never fighting where they could actually lose their belongings.

Quote:3) Deathmatch: I suggest that now since the shard is up and there are quite a few players, I am still seeing a major problem that I have ALWAYS seen with UO and that is the lack of activity and interaction at this specific time of the day. There is never anything going on. I was thinking maybe since we have no staff at these hours, maybe that automatic DM GAte would encourage players to stay active and maybe a Monster Bash just so that the players could entertain themselves without a Staffmember having to be online as well.

I'm all for automated events but we can't have too many of them honestly. There needs to be times of the day where you players can entertain yourselves. As it stands now we probably have more events then any shard in existence, sometimes as many as 15 a day. It wouldn't hurt to have some mini monster bash hit ocllo or the bridge every few days but if you guys can't handle the tomb of kings Eru made, I don't see that going over well either.
Running a DM every 6 hours automatically would be fine I suppose. I used to have a spawner that did this awhile back and it could be brought back.

Seriously though I don't like that players are so dependent on us for fun... It's almost as if its a kick to the ass because it makes it seem like the shard sucks unless staff is there holding your hand while you play.

Ryuuku Wrote:The last changelog says its fixed!

Correct

Shade Wrote:Since when was being prepared not part of dueling? If someone isn't prepared they deserve to die and if two people are fully prepared and evenly matched, the one who is more reserved and cautious with their supplies should be the victor.

Also, as I stated in another topic, I am not fond of the idea that you can simply resupply in a safe area. Having to leave to restock may in turn cause some action and fun for more players. Duel stones really shouldn't be the place where you can hang out all day until you log off. That's the type of thing that makes the shard seem dead and boring, too many people not out in the actual world. Things like that make players get used to not losing their gear, even when they lose and end up never fighting where they could actually lose their belongings.

I'm all for automated events but we can't have too many of them honestly. There needs to be times of the day where you players can entertain yourselves. As it stands now we probably have more events then any shard in existence, sometimes as many as 15 a day. It wouldn't hurt to have some mini monster bash hit ocllo or the bridge every few days but if you guys can't handle the tomb of kings Eru made, I don't see that going over well either.
Running a DM every 6 hours automatically would be fine I suppose. I used to have a spawner that did this awhile back and it could be brought back.

Seriously though I don't like that players are so dependent on us for fun... It's almost as if its a kick to the ass because it makes it seem like the shard sucks unless staff is there holding your hand while you play.

Shade, I completely get what your saying and you have good reason to think this but, you also have to understand that these are ideas coming from me. I HATE carebear server. The thought of ganking someone and taking all of their gear makes me wet :icon_twisted: LOL! Seriously though, Its just the Reg stones because its a neccesity. When I get into a duel with someone that can heal as well as I can... that duel can literally last HOURS sometimes and when someone dies because of lack of regs, its really not seen as a win... This is something that has always been seen as a piss-off. Even when 2 people duel and 1 runs out of supplies, the duel usually stops so the players can supply eachother mid-duel but, you have to understand that its JUST regs... no one wants to gank for regs... we gank for scrolls, pots, itwems but regs are the standard... everyone has regs.... they SHOULD be easy accessible because they are the MAIN neccessity. ITs really just something I believe in and conserving your items in a duel is NOT the way to duel because there are people whom have COMPLETELY different styles than others and if you start promoting item conservation then every9one will become defensive PVPers and dueling will not ever be the same.

As for the events, Im sure you guys host TONS of events bro BUT as I was just saying, the time that I logg on for those 7 hours, there are HARDLY EVER events and I know this because Im always on at the same times. I see you online sometimes and Raigan.. thats it. But, you guys are usually on earlier, its rare i see Staff online when im on. There are MANY timezones on the shard and this was a problem back when this server was still in the Beta. I want to see this shard succeed so im just giving you my opinion as a players point of view, I wanna see the French players come back because they used to gank and that gives A LOT of activity... so, Im just giving you my opinion.