Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windows 7, lag when running

I'm getting an unusual lag when im playing. When im running, my legs keep moving my i don't get anywhere.. and then suddenly i've moved several tiles.

It's is kinda annoying, does anyone have a clue what's wrong?

Edit: I've changed compatability to the client and razor, disabled desktop composition and visual themes, but it doesn't help.

Jhalaila
- Catherine @ IN1

what client are you using?

Did you patched the game?

I'm using client 7.xx the newest, i've patched with osi as it says in the "how to join" post..

Jhalaila
- Catherine @ IN1

Did you make an exception in your firewall? When I first ran UO on both my PC and laptop I got this popup asking me to allow it to go through. I hit yes, and I imagine if you hit no it could be blocking it. Try going to Control Panel, Firewall, and see if it's listed as an exception, if not you'll have to add it. Dunno if that's the reason, but it might be. I have no issues on my end.

Sounds like either a client issue (try renaming the client and using 6.0.4.0), or a latency problem.

Try going to Start and Run. Put in "cmd" to open a command prompt and type:
ping login.in-x.org -t

That should continually ping the server until you press ctrl+c to stop it. Watch the ping and see if it stays consistent or if it jumps around wildly.

Are you on a wireless connection? Going through a router? Lots of other computers on your network?

Edit: I tired updating, it didn't work.. 6.0.4.0 doesn't work either.. So far i've narrowed it down, to say it's razors fault.. There is nothing wrong, until i use my macro for mining. After that it begins..

When i ping the server it's between 13-15 ms..

Jhalaila
- Catherine @ IN1

ohhhhhhh why didnt you say something about the mining macro in the first place? there's this sorta known issue that if you get razor to do movements it's like UO gets used to doing that mvoement and only that movement. log off and on (you don't have to close and reopen uo) and it will clear up. i have had this issue since i started playing uo and i've had it on every server.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to work either :confused: tried login and out while razor ran the macro and when it didn't.. doesn't seem to have an affect at all.

Anyways it's only when i've used the mining macro, so i'll be okay.. thanks everyboy Smile

Jhalaila
- Catherine @ IN1

Here's what I meant...

Launch UO
Login, do whatever, you should be fine
Run the mining macro
Now you run only a few tiles at a time
Stop the macro
Click logout on your paperdoll
Enter your username & password and log back in

That always works for me. I haven't gone mining since the official server launch but I don't think that will kill it. Hopefully not! Another option is to get Easy UO and use that to mine.

It's a problem with razor. Each time you let razor handle any movement for you, you have to relog to fix it. If you know how to handle movement using any other macro program, you can use those without problems. I have posted EUO macro somewhere here that moves around in any mine and mines until you are overweight.

Hey Kamos I know you made a really awesome one at the minoc mine that would bank for you, smelt ores, etc and it got blocked because it was so awesome, so do you know if this one that just mines until you're overweight works there?

No, it does not. I could make a special version that works there but I'm not sure if that is ok since it's been made harder to macro there. I think you are just better off going mining somewhere else.