Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Item Stones

It ruins the PvP style ? ROFL

It dont ruin nothing , you guys dont want to change that cause you are afraid to run out of regs while duelling.

That a risk everyone have to take when they enter in a duel, the same risk of run out of scroll or potion.

If you can buy regs while dueling in the duel area, I think it should be removed, thats stupid.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Agree with Ryuuku!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Epistemology, I have no idea who you are since you feel the need to hide behind a new name so I don't know what makes you so aggressive towards me. You, like every other player here has the right to make any suggestion you want, but you're being a little absurd thinking everybody will agree with it. If you want to make suggestions, whoever you are, be prepared to discuss them with pro's and con's rather then cussing and calling people names.

You suggest to remove all supply stones, including those from the duel area.

Con: PvPers won't like this because they all recognize how much it sucks to lose a duel because you run out of regs. How often do you see people don't brag about killing someone who ran out of regs? It's as if it's a code of honor acknowledging you won for a shitty reason, same as when you win because someone crashed. Hence why there are stones you can buy regs from from within a duel area, at an increased price for the convenience of not having to go to a NPC or player run vendor to buy regs.

Con: If you finish a few duels, realize you're out of regs, you have the inconvenience of going to a player run vendor or NPC to buy regs or supplies. While you go for those regs, you run the risk of someone killing you while you're wearing your duel gear and carrying a bunch of supplies. Yes, that's part of the game but it's no fun getting caught like that because there's no supply stones around that some people are used to having for so long.

Con: Lets say there were no supply stones and you had to go to a player run vendor or NPC to buy regs. Now you get there, find out there out of regs because someone is purchasing them all, so you go to a player run vendor, search 50 vendors, finally find one selling regs, but there aren't enough because everyone else is buying them too. 20 minutes after you recall around a bunch of towns collecting some regs the duel area gets closed or you have to go. My exact idea of having fun!

Pro: More player involvement. I like this fact but it needs to be in the right context which I don't feel it is here. You are going to inconvenience a lot of players to put the goals of a few ahead. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Doesn't look like a very convincing suggestion to me so far.

You then suggest a fix to taking away duel stones is to add a safe vendor zone. Again, I have no idea who you are so I have no idea of knowing how long you've been here. So humor me while I explain something... About 3 months ago we had a vendor area directly in the pits. Great idea, right? Vendors are RIGHT smack there, you don't have to go searching for them. How convenient! (Wait, that reminds me of the convenience of having supply stones!!!) What quite a few people didn't like about this vendor area right in pits is how some players used their VENDOR as personal bankers. They'd put a vanq bard in there for 50000k (not 50k gp, 50000k). They'd also put an armor set, supplies and all their tour gear there. Why you ask? So they wouldn't have to risk going to town to grab their good gear for a duel. Hence why player vendors were moved to an unguarded area. Now you're asking what that lovely story was all about. Well, adding a safe vendor area would give us the same issue. Hence why I am also against this suggested fix to getting rid of stones.

Ironic how convenience is beneficial or not pending certain circumstances.

Rabbi Samild Wrote:I think turning it over to players to support reg bags is a good idea. You could buy different amounts (25, 50, 100, etc per bag) and even support new players who want to make some cash selling regs. I don't think that it "messes with XUO-style PVP" to remove the stones. I hate things that are automated that relay on machines (which didn't exist 'back then') that don't allow money to go to players/npcs. I'd rather see the convenience charge get put back in the hands of players.

If I'm not mistaken that's how the regstone is now. You have a choice of 3 reg bags you can buy from, depending on your needs. Now I don't buy regs from the regstone because I'm kinda jewish and rather spend 2 more seconds buying them from an NPC then buying them from the stone for a few extra gp so I could be mistaken about this. I don't think anyone will say it messes with XUO style pvp, but it does kill your grove (see one of the cons I wrote up above).

For those who think it's impossible to run out of regs in a duel, maybe you'd like to know 500 of each of the 8 main regs weighs 400 stones. Good luck carrying some scrolls, pots, armor, and a weapon with you while you duel with 400 stones of weight in regs alone...

I challenge someone to tell me how much they weigh when they suit up with armor, 1-2 weapons, and a reasonable amount of regs, scrolls, pots, and aids. How much do you weigh? Did you remember a rune to your house/bank, your spellbook, key ring, a bag to hold your supplies, 1-2 pieces of clothing to look cool? Chances are you're going to be pretty weighed down. Now consider that you might end up dueling someone for 30 minutes. It's not that absurd of an amount of time. Oh darn, all that hard work of dueling the last 30 minutes is going down the drain because I have no more ginseng to heal with.

Long enough post, I'm sure you'll all love it.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Con: PvPers won't like this because they all recognize how much it sucks to lose a duel because you run out of regs. How often do you see people don't brag about killing someone who ran out of regs? It's as if it's a code of honor acknowledging you won for a shitty reason, same as when you win because someone crashed. Hence why there are stones you can buy regs from from within a duel area, at an increased price for the convenience of not having to go to a NPC or player run vendor to buy regs.

lol let me tell you how it really happens
PKer: Haha pwnd newb.
Victim: dude i ran outa mr
PKer: yeah whatever u suck
Victim: seriously look in the reg bag you looted ass
Pker: next you gonna tell me you lagged and crashed too right? You suck fgt *res kills*

Quote:Con: If you finish a few duels, realize you're out of regs, you have the inconvenience of going to a player run vendor or NPC to buy regs or supplies. While you go for those regs, you run the risk of someone killing you while you're wearing your duel gear and carrying a bunch of supplies. Yes, that's part of the game but it's no fun getting caught like that because there's no supply stones around that some people are used to having for so long.

This is a pro. Too many people just keep their things banked for ever and this would add a much needed risk, granted it wouldn't be much of a risk but risk is truly needed. Players are too babied here and this is proof of it.

Quote:Con: Lets say there were no supply stones and you had to go to a player run vendor or NPC to buy regs. Now you get there, find out there out of regs because someone is purchasing them all, so you go to a player run vendor, search 50 vendors, finally find one selling regs, but there aren't enough because everyone else is buying them too. 20 minutes after you recall around a bunch of towns collecting some regs the duel area gets closed or you have to go. My exact idea of having fun!

OMGZ! you mean like how people used to play UO?!?! Thats ridiculous!!! You know what, lets add scroll stones and pot stones too so this doesn't ever happen!

Quote:If I'm not mistaken that's how the regstone is now. You have a choice of 3 reg bags you can buy from, depending on your needs.

There is only one reg bag set when using the stone.

Quote:For those who think it's impossible to run out of regs in a duel, maybe you'd like to know 500 of each of the 8 main regs weighs 400 stones. Good luck carrying some scrolls, pots, armor, and a weapon with you while you duel with 400 stones of weight in regs alone...

I challenge someone to tell me how much they weigh when they suit up with armor, 1-2 weapons, and a reasonable amount of regs, scrolls, pots, and aids. How much do you weigh? Did you remember a rune to your house/bank, your spellbook, key ring, a bag to hold your supplies, 1-2 pieces of clothing to look cool? Chances are you're going to be pretty weighed down. Now consider that you might end up dueling someone for 30 minutes. It's not that absurd of an amount of time. Oh darn, all that hard work of dueling the last 30 minutes is going down the drain because I have no more ginseng to heal with.

to be fully prepared for a single duel that may last 10 minutes, you are talking about 280-340 stones. I don't know why anyone would ever carry anywhere near 500 of each reg on them lol. Dueling for a few minutes with 100 of each reg will leave you with 40-60 of each anyway. Normally people run out of pots or scrolls when at the duel stones and need to restock them more frequently. Granted I am just going by what I see people say when they are dueling there...

Here's the thing. The average duel that I have watched at the duel stones lasts just a few minutes (I have watched tons) and quite honestly nothing is stopping players from restocking between duels. My real concern here is that the duel stones shouldn't be promoting that much action. Real fights need to take place in the world. I seriously think we should only have duel stones open a few hours a day.

Anyway, I don't think the reg stone will be removed but it will likely get a price hike. The arrow/bolt stones need to go away I think.

Thats lame of you to say the vendor area won't work because people would abuse it. Like anything that gets implemented into a shard it would have to be regulated of course, but thats not my point about the vendor area. All I hear from the people that don't like this idea is in previous post how everything is carebear and this isnt a carebear shard, yet they need to have 4 reg stones in the dueling arena and they dont want to have to leave to go get regs for fear of losing items?

Bottom Line, reg stones do more harm then good. The only pro to a reg stone is so people never have to leave duel area? That seems like a pretty lame one. Fine, don't get rid of em jack up the price though.

I'm not the only one that likes this idea Eighty.

And to as me "hiding" behind a new name I never said I am some old school god of IN:X reincarnate in disguise to pick on you. I am a veteran player who has played lots of UO, been on several successful shards and several not successful and I am trying to help by mentioning things that I have noticed cripple other shards full of good people.

Picking on you Eighty? The thing that ticked me off was when you said "Pfft I'm glad your the one gonna be going around wasting your time buying regs and selling em" As if I am some retarded child trying to eat ice cream with a fork.

And just because your posts are really long doesn't mean you got any kind of a point across.

I'm done.

Herod[PoD] from IN1

Maximus[Nazgul] from Flint Hills

Eighty Swords Wrote:If you want to make suggestions, whoever you are, be prepared to discuss them with pro's and con's rather then cussing and calling people names.

Who the **** did I call names? All I do is start discussions I then get hit up with stuff like "Idiot" "INXERR!?!" "Loser" all kinds of shit. If your refering to something where I made fun of smoke, look at all my posts in the past 3 weeks, he is there talking shit, its kind of our thing.

Herod[PoD] from IN1

you can't remove the reg stone IT'S NEEDED and it's a part of a the PvP sorry and the PvP was promissed to us stop trying to change things were not afraid to try it when your dueling for lets say 50k and you have no mr yes it does ****ing suck to die that way. you say were afraid to make changes you guys don't even duel you guys are the ones who are afraid to lose iems and make changes.

Shade pvpers give each other regs etc, were not dick heads we fight with honor, you guys see us as the big bad meanies that we are because we've prolly killed you on your mortal or something you guys need to stop holding grudges and treating a book by it's cover

Removing the stone will destroy problems in pvp/tour dueling any pvper would see this. Notice how everyone who always wants changes to the PvP are the same 3-5 players who don't PvP at all lol? Then lederoil comes in critizing us but this time i think he will agree that reg stones are important because hes at least tryed the PvP and has adapted to and to tell you the truth hes actually pretty good at it.

Like taran said we can raise the price on reg stones to help money flow in the shard go down to help our economy but removing it is not needed. I don't see why you guys are complanning either way you don't buy mass regs from stones either way everyone who wants mass regs buys from npcs.

Epistemology Wrote:Who the **** did I call names? All I do is start discussions I then get hit up with stuff like "Idiot" "INXERR!?!" "Loser" all kinds of shit. If your refering to something where I made fun of smoke, look at all my posts in the past 3 weeks, he is there talking shit, its kind of our thing.

really you need to hop off me, I simply expalin why your ideas won't work and you get mad and just keep spamming the same thread with the same idea, for example this thread and a week ago the wipe thread you just don't know when to stop.

yo u can't have the reason "back in IN ppl sold tons of reg packs" cuz I could easily say "back in xuo we had easier skill gain"

u guys focus on ur pvm stuff and leave the pvp related stuff alone seriously over reg stones? that's just ridiculous, player vendors selling regs? umm there are tons of npc's that sell regs all over the world why would i buy them from a player?

hey epis if u wanna start shit i'll just kill u over and over and loot ur shit, u started shit with me so f uck off.

smoke Wrote:really you need to hop off me, I simply expalin why your ideas won't work and you get mad and just keep spamming the same thread with the same idea, for example this thread and a week ago the wipe thread you just don't know when to stop.

Man if you think I sound like a broken record, you should look over your own posts.

Herod[PoD] from IN1

LudaKrishna Wrote:yo u can't have the reason "back in IN ppl sold tons of reg packs" cuz I could easily say "back in xuo we had easier skill gain"

u guys focus on ur pvm stuff and leave the pvp related stuff alone seriously over reg stones? that's just ridiculous, player vendors selling regs? umm there are tons of npc's that sell regs all over the world why would i buy them from a player?

hey epis if u wanna start shit i'll just kill u over and over and loot ur shit, u started shit with me so f uck off.

Man the only problem I have with you Luda is that you always post write after smoke jumping on his bandwagon, when it comes to ingame I think your a ok. Don't let this forum shit carry to ingame, and if it does, bring it.

Herod[PoD] from IN1

Epistemology Wrote:Man if you think I sound like a broken record, you should look over your own posts.

im not saying im not flawed, i'm just saying you don't know how to let a suggestion thread die

I like the suggestions here. Make the duel stones available 2 hours a day or something. Gives you something to look forward too, and plenty of enough time to go the 2 hour distance. Also the reg stones being removed sounds alright too. But while the duel stones are open, make the reg stones there cost 5k. Just my opinion mates.

1-10 1. being beginner and 10. being awesome. I'm about a 3.3 on pvp so.. I guess you can say that's coming from a noob stand point