Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Item Stones

Also, another thought, if reg stones were removed then people would be forced to buy from npc's and make reg vendors that there would be a higher demand on regs which could inturn increase the value of everything craftable. If everyone was buying out the vendors there would be a shortage Im sure?

smoke Wrote:you cant people would avoid fses and spells using the teleporter to another area causing them to fizzle and get away from death, and I think theres enough money in the world already that is cycling to players don't you think? everyone just got a 250k package and as taran said there are 10 players with 1 mil gold and 5 with 1 mil + that's plenty no to mention new people will begin to hunt causing more money to flow into the world

The prices of vendors would have to be raised and would create a good money sink. Now you would have the sink balanced and money flowing. Of course other money sink options should be explored aswell. I think it would just do more good in the long run.

I am not trying to argue with you smoke, I just feel that through debating like this an idea can be born!

Epistemology Wrote:Also, another thought, if reg stones were removed then people would be forced to buy from npc's and make reg vendors that there would be a higher demand on regs which could inturn increase the value of everything craftable. If everyone was buying out the vendors there would be a shortage Im sure?

they restore regs every 30 mins so people can macro skills because almost all skills use regs to gm alchemey carp inscription etc and people don't buy regs from reg stones if their macroing they usually buy it for ganks or duels or else it's rare

i'm telling you removing the stone will do you more harm then good man :p

good idea epistemology

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epistemology Wrote:If I had mal intent with this idea why would I sell people rune books to reg vendors if I secretly wanted to sell mass reg bags? Why would I give anyone an opportunity to do so for only a 30k investment?

Maybe I was trying to help the people make money but not spell it out?

Where did I imply you wanted to secretly sell mass reg bags? You want to get rid of the convenient reg stone, thus encouraging people to buy your rune books, so they in turn go around and get themselves regs...

I'm not entirely against this idea so long as the stones aren't removed from duel stone and tour areas because that's where you need them in a hurry. I don't think people could make much money off mass reg selling since someone can collect regs for themselves at no markup.

And Epistimology, there's plenty of gold floating around, no need to have more go from one player to another. If anything, that will decrease the price of crafts because who cares about spending 20k when they have 200k. If you only have 100k you might hesitate.

I find it funny how someone who has been with us for such a short time is already working to change something nobody had a problem with, and how they try telling us there isn't tons of gold floating around and more gold needs to be exchanged between players. That's hardly a gold sink. A gold sink is taking money out of the server, not passing it around.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Where did I imply you wanted to secretly sell mass reg bags? You want to get rid of the convenient reg stone, thus encouraging people to buy your rune books, so they in turn go around and get themselves regs...

I'm not entirely against this idea so long as the stones aren't removed from duel stone and tour areas because that's where you need them in a hurry. I don't think people could make much money off mass reg selling since someone can collect regs for themselves at no markup.

And Epistimology, there's plenty of gold floating around, no need to have more go from one player to another. If anything, that will decrease the price of crafts because who cares about spending 20k when they have 200k. If you only have 100k you might hesitate.

I find it funny how someone who has been with us for such a short time is already working to change something nobody had a problem with, and how they try telling us there isn't tons of gold floating around and more gold needs to be exchanged between players. That's hardly a gold sink. A gold sink is taking money out of the server, not passing it around.

If you werent trying to slander me I apologize.

This is a new character name, but I assure you I have been on IN:X aswell as IN1 for a while.

I never once said there isn't enough money running around, basically what prompted this is how we have 80 people online but not a single person in Minoc Mines. It is a hugely dominated PvP shard and crafting is taking a backseat as far as just being a crafter goes. I am trying to come up with news to make money and new ways to help crafting become more prodominent.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Where did I imply you wanted to secretly sell mass reg bags? You want to get rid of the convenient reg stone, thus encouraging people to buy your rune books, so they in turn go around and get themselves regs...

glad we finally agree on something =D

I must be wrong, I thought this forum was called "Suggestions and Ideas" I didn't realize it was only open to suggestions of certain people.

From Personal Experience, very BAD idea. Nice input though, its a valid, solid idea but it does not work for me personally. Having NPC take on the Monopoly for Regs, Bolts, Arrows just should not happen simply because it ruins GANK action. (Im a PVPer, Im stateing the fact)

-When GANK is taking place and a player dies... That player USUALLY does not have time to restock therefore, half of the time, we buy regs quick, to run in and heal our partner or res our partner.. then we get our bodies and continue the gank.

-When in a duel.. whether it be in dueling pits... tour area... when you run out of regs, BOOM, you click it and you have it! No BS of running into towns, no problems with missing regs.

____I suggest that if you really want this "way to help the shard" or as everyone else knows you... you just want to sell your craftables because thats all you do ingame anyway... just sell them for less. I honestly dont care if you dont make profit off it but the stones need to stay. They have been part of Xuo forever... I just dont think it would help the economy... if anything... it would KILL the economy.

Imagine a shard with 200 players and a few vendors selling regs.... LOL. Obviously you'll get rich and 150 players will stand in pits waiting to buy regs and even if you place NPCs in pits it makes it look retarded. Pits is not a place for players to make Profit.

Anyways, thats what I think.

Regards,

Scarecrow. [Prototype].

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

ScareCrow Wrote:From Personal Experience, very BAD idea. Nice input though, its a valid, solid idea but it does not work for me personally. Having NPC take on the Monopoly for Regs, Bolts, Arrows just should not happen simply because it ruins GANK action. (Im a PVPer, Im stateing the fact)

-When GANK is taking place and a player dies... That player USUALLY does not have time to restock therefore, half of the time, we buy regs quick, to run in and heal our partner or res our partner.. then we get our bodies and continue the gank.

-When in a duel.. whether it be in dueling pits... tour area... when you run out of regs, BOOM, you click it and you have it! No BS of running into towns, no problems with missing regs.

____I suggest that if you really want this "way to help the shard" or as everyone else knows you... you just want to sell your craftables because thats all you do ingame anyway... just sell them for less. I honestly dont care if you dont make profit off it but the stones need to stay. They have been part of Xuo forever... I just dont think it would help the economy... if anything... it would KILL the economy.

Imagine a shard with 200 players and a few vendors selling regs.... LOL. Obviously you'll get rich and 150 players will stand in pits waiting to buy regs and even if you place NPCs in pits it makes it look retarded. Pits is not a place for players to make Profit.

Anyways, thats what I think.

Regards,

Scarecrow. [Prototype].

Excellent point, would it be crazy to think of maybe increasing the cost of reg stone to like 5k?

Also, I think it would be a cool idea for a teleport to stone be added to a private vendor area so people could sell PvP bags loaded with stuff. Any idea on that Scare?

I could see the price increasing on the regstone, it's not much difference right now and it's way easier to just buy the regs from the stone instead of recalling to vendors.

The regstone is only there if you need regs fast, so it should be more expensive.

Epistemology Wrote:Excellent point, would it be crazy to think of maybe increasing the cost of reg stone to like 5k?

Also, I think it would be a cool idea for a teleport to stone be added to a private vendor area so people could sell PvP bags loaded with stuff. Any idea on that Scare?

Uhhh, Cost... I dunno... not 5k because then it would be VERY hard on newbs and even if you purchase many regs... thats a little too much cash. But I dont mind if prices go up.

I wouldnt mind a teleporter to vendor where we can buy PVP supplies either. That would be cool. Just that I think the reg, bolt, arrow stomes should all stay as is because we need those type of things easy accessible.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]