Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting to IN:X with Razor

This guide is to help you connect to IN:X using a popular third party program called Razor. This program is 100% allowed on IN:X so you can't get in trouble for using it!

[SIZE="5"]Step 1: Downloading & Installing Razor[/SIZE]

Before you can install Razor you need to first install as a minimum, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, which you can download directly from Microsoft. Here is a link to it for a 32-bit Operating System, and here is a link to it for a 64-bit Operating System. If you aren't sure which you have but know you have Windows XP, right-click on My Computer and select Properties. You should then see 32-bit or 64-bit written here. In Windows Vista, or Windows 7, right click on Computer and select Properties. Under the System section look at what's written for System type.

Download and install Microsoft .NET framework and restart your computer if you're asked to. Once that's done, go here to download the latest version of Razor. Now install Razor and restart your computer if you're asked to.

[SIZE="5"]Step 2: Setting up Razor[/SIZE]

When the install completes you should have a new icon on your desktop. Double click it to start Razor. You should see this welcome screen:

[Image: razorlogininfo.png]

Fill in the Server and Port information as I have here. Then click the Browse... button in the top-right corner of the window and go to where you installed UO. Select your client and then press Open. Next, press the Make These Settings Default button. Now press the Okay button and after a short load you should see the UO window;

[Image: uologinscreen.png]

Enter your username and password to login. If you don't already have an account on IN:X, enter a username and password (something not too easy to guess) and if you set up everything correctly, you should then see this screen:

[Image: serverscreen.png]

Click on IN-X and then you should see a list of characters (if you already have an account), otherwise click the New button to make a new character. Give him/her a nice hairstyle and name and click the right arrow button. You can't choose Gargoyle or Elf since these options aren't enabled on IN:X. At the next screen choose any class, it doesn't matter since you get to choose some starting skills ingame. Once you've chosen your character or made a new one, you should see pits and be ready to go!

[SIZE="6"]Step 3: Configuring all the options in Razor[/SIZE]

Razor has LOADS of options that make it a very powerful tool to use when playing UO.

General:
[Image: generalb.png]

On the lefthand side of this window you have a checklist of items you can have Razor filter out for you. If you check something like Weather you won't see rain and snow as you explore the world of IN:X. I suggest you DON'T check the Rewards Gump and Staff Only Items options.

You also have some options on the right-hand side. I like to enable Use Smart Always on Top so whenever I click on UO this Razor window automatically comes up next to it ontop of any other windows I have open. Disabling the Show Welcome Screen (affects all users) option won't show window of an above screenshot where you entered the server and port information.

Options:
[Image: options.png]

The most important setting I suggest you disable is Queue LastTarget and TargetSelf. Some other options you may want to enable are Open new corpses within __ tiles and filter repeating system messages.

More Options:
[Image: moreoptions.png]

The only option you really should change is to enable the Auto-Queue Object Delay actions (comes in very handy when you start working with agents). You should then increase the Object delay to 700ms. If you work with Agents and find they often get stuck, increase it some more. You're free to experiment with the rest of the options on this page, you can see what I like playing with.

Display/Counters:
[Image: displaycounters.png]

This allows you to see how much of certain items (like reagents, bandaids, etc) you have in your backpack in the titlebar. It's a great tool because this way you don't have to search through your pack to see how much you have before you go hunting. In the part called Title Bar Display you can change what's written here to change what you see at the top of UO.

Copy this text to see the same as what I have;
Quote:{char}- {mediumstatbar} {bp} {bm} {gl} {gs} {mr} {ns} {ss} {sa} {aids}

[Image: titlebarb.png]

NOTE: If you have this all setup the same as in my screenshot of the Display/Counters tab but don't see the counters, this might be because you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 with the Aero display scheme. To disable this, right-click on your desktop and select Personalize. Select a different theme here. If you like the Aero scheme but desperately want the counters, try Windows 7 Basic (on Vista you might have Windows Vista Basic, I don't remember). This option is pretty close to Aero and you'll see the counters. You can also choose Windows Classic. It looks like Windows ME and earlier versions and also has the counters.

Arm/Dress:
[Image: armdress.png]

This is a fancy little tool in Razor to automatically dress or undress yourself. Because of the great staff who set up a banking system when you enter an event, you don't really need to use this since everything in your pack is stored as a statue in your bank, then when you double click it after the event everything is put back on for you. Feel free to play with it if you think you'll use it.

Skills:
[Image: skillsp.png]

This tab allows you to see all your character skills as well as changes in your skills as you train them. I don't know of a way to tie this in with macroing (for example to stop when you reach XX amount of skill)...

Agents:
[Image: agentsg.png]

Razor comes with a variety of automated agents you can use to help you perform mundain tasks, like moving a bunch of items to the same container, or to restock on supplies, or to automatically buy something from an NPC or to automatically sell items in your pack to an NPC.

Sell agent:
The sell agent will automatically sell all items within the sell container when you talk to an NPC.
-Click Add (Target)... then target an item ingame to add it to the sell list.
-To remove an item, select an item from the list on the right-hand side and click Remove.
-Press Clear Hot Bag then target a container to sell items from it. You can set this to your backpack, or a container within your backpack. The difference is if you choose your backpack, everything on the sell list in your backpack will get sold. If you set it to a container within your backpack only items within that container will get sold.
-Clear will clear the whole list
-Max Sell: 99 is the max amount of an item that you'll sell at one time. Good to increase this when training a skill like tailoring and you want to sell a lot of an item back to a vendor at once.
-Push to Enable/Disable: You might not always want to have your sell list active so when you do, press this option.

Organizers:
Razor provides you with 10 organizer agents you can use to have Razor automatically move a bunch of items for you, saving you all that dragging and dropping.
-Press Set Hot Bag or Clear Hot Bag then target a container to move items to this container. You can set this to your backpack, a container in your backpack, a container on the ground, or a container in your bank. I don' think you can choose the bank itself.
-Organize Now will have Razor start moving all items on the list to the chosen container.
-To remove an item, select an item from the list on the right-hand side and click Remove.
-Clear will clear the whole list.
-Stop Now will stop sorting and clear the queue of moves Razor was working on.

Scavenger:
The scavenger agent will pick up all items on the ground within 2 or 3 tiles of you.
-Press Set Hot Bag then target a container to move items to this container. You can set this to your backpack or a container in your backpack. It's not something I tried but maybe you can set it to a container in your bank to move items there. Not very useful to do that though for when you're away from the bank and since the bank closes on you as soon as you move 1 tile!
-Clear List will clear the whole list.
-Clear Scavenger Cach will stop Razor from trying to pick up all the items it detected. Very helpful since sometimes it gets stuck so you can just hit this button and take 1 step and Razor will start picking up items for you.
-Push to Enable/Disable will turn it on/off since you might not always want to use this.

Restock:
Razor provides you with 5 restock agents that are very similar to the organizer agent, except it will bring items into your pack.
-Set amount allows you to choose how many of an item you want to stock up on. For example you can set 100 bandages. This will grab 100 bandages for you. If you already have 50 bandages, the restock agent will only grab 50 so you have 100 total.
-Clear List will clear the whole list.
-Press Set Hot Bag or Clear Hot Bag then target a container to move all items you want to stock up on to this container.
-When you are ready to restock, press Restock Now and you will get a target ingame. Target the container you want to take items from.

I haven't played with the few other agents so feel free to do that yourself. Using the organizer agents and restock agents can help you make some pretty powerful macros with a bit of creativity.

Hotkeys:
[Image: hotkeys.png]

Sometimes you want to do something very fast in UO, like cast heal on yourself because someone is attacking you and you don't want to loose all that great stuff you've picked up. For example, you could make a macro to cast heal on yourself (explained in the next section) and set it to your 1 key so whenever you press 1 you cast heal on yourself. To set a macro to a key, click the + next to Macros in the list on the left-hand side, select the macro you want to choose a key for, then on the right-hand side click in the Key: field and press a key. Then enable Pass to UO and press the Set Key. Now when you're in UO and press whatever key you chose Razor will run that macro.

Macros:
[Image: macros.png]

This is probably the most used feature of Razor. It allows you to run a series of actions with a single click, and if you want to continuously run them. Imagine the possibilities!

A brief explanation is to click the New button to make a new macro, enter a name here and press ok. Next, click the record button on the right-hand side, do something ingame, then press stop. Razor will record just about everything you do. It can record what you say, what direction you walk and how many tiles, it can record spells you cast, containers you open, and much more! Once you've made a macro you like you can run it by clicking the Play button, or set a Hot Key for it and press that key ingame.

If you don't want to record an entire macro again, right click on the line you want to start recording at and select Begin Recording Here. In this same menu you can also find a bunch of other options, like inserting pauses, if statements so you can do something if you have 10+ mana, etc. Feel free to try out a bunch of different stuff and let me know if you have any questions. Here is a link to a list of Razor Macro's I've posted on the forums.

Video Capture:
[Image: videocapture.png]

A nice little tool to allow you to record what you do ingame. Maybe you want to record a duel between you and a friend, or give a tour around your house to help you sell it, etc.

Screen Shots:
[Image: screenshotsq.png]

A nice little tool to take a picture of the UO window. Saves all screenshots to the directory indicated.

Help & Status:
[Image: helpstatus.png]

Not something I've used much, but could be good to help you troubleshoot why something works for you but not for someone else, or to donate to the makers of Razor in appreciation of their great program!