Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"encountered a problem and needs to close" error

Hey guys, thought i might start playing some uo again, but im getting the topic error msg every time i try to log in.

I downloaded the recommended version of UO and installed it, patched, downloaded the package and extracted it in the uo-folder, then i downloaded the injection clients, and from the start they actually worked, for like a few mins, then the client hung, now i cant log in.

I have tryed all 3 off them, none is working with or without injection, is there some other client i can try? I allso tryed to run the custom IN-X Patcher to dubblecheck that all fiels where correct. Or can my char be on some bugged spot?

Whats next?

Regards.

PS, will there be a server whipe when the new server is up?

Try using razor.

No wipe when the new server go up.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

If you want to keep using injection, try following this guide:

http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5541

Especially check the 4th picture and make sure all your injection settings on main page are like that

Thank you for the setting info, but it´s still not working. It takes about 1-10 sec, then i get "UO client preformed an unrecovreble invalid operation, terminate?" and when i try to lanch just the client (4.0.5a m) without injection i get the topic error.

oh and why wont there be a whipe? It seems like a good idea that the new and old players starts with the same items and skills. I think it will motivate the new players to stay if they wont join a shard where everyone allready have everything.

I know this is the wrong thread to bring that up, but it would be nice to hear the staff´s thought about it, are they affraid that they will loose some of the old players if they whipe? other reasons?

Regards,

- Airbaloon

Cause it was promissed to us, who was playing while BETA, that when the server get out of BETA no whipe was going to happen.

Btw new players starting now , hardly gonna have any trouble because of the old ones, I think gonna be easy for them since have alot olds willing to help the newers.

Back to your tread, try to use razor to see if UO working correctly, after we gonna try to help you make injection work correctly .

EDIT: Try to patch UO till client 5.0.5a

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

airbaloon Wrote:when i try to lanch just the client (4.0.5a m) without injection i get the topic error.

do everything it said on the picture on the main page of inj, only use client 5.0.1h m

- regards, Fable

Yeah, 5.0.1h is the only injection client that works for me.

there wont be a wipe because we've been here for 3 years hunting trainning our skills hell i've even been banned and had to restart for a second time. Kind of nobodys fault because we couldn't send the emails at the beginning because of shard bugs etc, and we can't wipe because of the loyal players who stayed and played 3 years here :p

But don't worry there giving out free item packages the first two days the shard go live

A PvP Package - nobody knows whats in it, but it must have the value of the 250k

A PvM Package - nobody knows whats in it, but it must have the value of the 250k

OR

You can just choose 250k gold

but remember this is only the first 48 hours of when the shard goes live, it expalins it better in the general section this is just a quick layout :p

@Injection problem, it may be a client error or something you have checked off in the injection main page, one sec i'll s/s my screen so you can change your settings

I use the 5.0.1 Client with these settings, try configuring your injection main to this, and it should work

[Image: 24cukr8.jpg]

Okey.

I have tryed to do this step by step. I allso tryed to uninstall/reinstall UO to do the patching again, I have followed the instrucions in "how to join" closely.

When i log in, things can be fine as long as there is no type of activity, for example, if i run a bit offside in britt, the client keeps up. But when i get near players, and they wright something, i crash. Same things happens if i try to type something, then i crash directly.

What buggs me is that when i log in with injection and crash, i get a error from the client. But when i try to log in with only the client (5.0.1h m like u recommended) i get insta-crashreport from windows (dont send / send)

Any ideas? Can it be some kind of directX-prob? firewalls? I´m all out of ideas. All other games on my cpu works just fine

And to log in with razor, would that really solve something? I mean, if it works, would that be to any help in this error-progress?

Your´s truley,

-Airbaloon Wink

Yes i can understand the problems with a server-whipe, especially for all the oldtimers. I dont know about the package thing, spontainly it feels like there will be to much money in the shard, but then again, i have no idea. Might work out just fine Smile

yeah, it may be too much money for the economy but then again the skill gain is hard and can also help a lot of people out, if you think about it you cant even gm alchemey with 250k and it will be a nice headstart and a reward for the people who stuck around

make sure ur version box says 4.0.1