Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Tomb of Kings

After many hours of messing with XMLSpawners, I finally came up with a system with a spawner triggering a spawner to trigger a spawner to spawn more spawners and then trigger another spawner.

Now that you have the slightest glimpse into my madness, here are some details of what this area is:

================================================

[COLOR="Red"]The Tomb of Kings is an area in the Britain cemetery where many leaders from cities around the world have been laid to rest over the years. Only the most heroic men and women are given tombs in this ancient vault.

However, one of the ancient lords, a necromancer in life, has somehow been reborn through means unknown to practitioners of modern magic. This reborn necromancer, corrupted by this malevolent force, seeks to reanimate other champions of ages past. We cannot let him muster an army!

The necromancer, once slain, lies in rest for seven days before being reborn again, so constant vigilance is essential. If you hear word of his resurrection, make haste to Britain's cemetery to help defeat him!

Be warned though, these ancient heroes are very powerful, and it would be advisable to bring allies!
[/COLOR]

================================================

OK, now that that's out of the way, here's the plain English:
  • The area is basically a Monster Bash, but the monsters are much harder.
  • The area is entirely automated, so no staff intervention is necessary.
  • Once triggered by a player, the Necromancer will spawn and summon a random hero.
  • A broadcast will be sent to everyone on the server when he spawns.
  • The broadcasts will continue for around 10 minutes afterward to attract helpers.
  • You have 2 days from this time to defeat them, which should be more than enough time.
  • A broadcast will also be sent when the area resets and the Necromancer is ready to be re-summoned.
  • This broadcast is much smaller and easier to miss.

• The area has PVP, corpse cutting, and player looting turned OFF, just like in a normal Monster Bash.
  • AoE Effects are disables. (Earthquake, Chain Lightning, Meteor Swarm)
  • Marking and Recalling are disabled.
  • There is NO bank since it would effectively be a safe-bank.

NOTE: I just finished this so there may be bugs. If you notice a problem, let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix it. Difficulty is intentional, and not a design flaw.

Awesome Idea! Good job Mate!

I like it. Quests R Gud.

Ok, Eru, you need to log on so we can fix this mess Wink. It's a good base but needs a bit of troubleshooting.

Regards.

Rabbi Samild Wrote:Ok, Eru, you need to log on so we can fix this mess Wink. It's a good base but needs a bit of troubleshooting.

Regards.
It's not meant to be soloed or even duoed if that's the problem.

Lol no that's not the problem. It can't be done with 4 either, but that wasn't the problem Wink. There were some LOS issues that got fixed Smile

cool quest, but i dont understand the final of quest, there are prices? only need kill monsters?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The necromancer and the random king each have a bunch of prizes on them. The total is ~150K, a bunch of random weapons & armor, other stuff to sell, and about 9 pieces of decoration between them.

I intend to make some other things like this, but make them a little easier and without a broadcast or safe-zone.

I lose the monster bash Sad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eru Wrote:The necromancer and the random king each have a bunch of prizes on them. The total is ~150K, a bunch of random weapons & armor, other stuff to sell, and about 9 pieces of decoration between them.

I intend to make some other things like this, but make them a little easier and without a broadcast or safe-zone.

What's to ensure the loot gets split at all? If you have a player or two that have auto looters or considerably less lag than others, do they get all the loot or is it set up on a damage system where you and your summons get credit?

lol, don't worry about it and trust that the loot system will work perfectly. Well it might crash anyone that tries to autoloot but for everyone else it will be perfect. :p

It's also set up in ways that normal looters have a higher probability of getting actual loot than auto-looters. Smile Assuming that they loot at the same rate, of course.