Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thanksgiving Event

me too

In Brazil if you win the big prize in lottery , + R$30.000.000,00 that is US$ 18.000.000,00 , you always stay annonimus, they dont even say your name, just the place that the guy buyed the ticket is annouced.

This is for the safety of the winner.

well canada they annouce the winners (by winners i mean grand winner(s)) and state what the prizes are like 3 out of 6 gets u 10$ and stuff like that

fyi shade im not making an argument i'm explaining what he meant/giving background info on the situation

So since this is a fantasy world where I can assume Taran is the boss....
Its up to he make the laws ! :p

Shade Wrote:Are you two even old enough to play the lottery? Which lottery are you even referring to? What state is this lottery in?

Ok first off, in most states, in the case of a prize under $250,000, the winner(s) can stay anonymous. Even in the case of a prize of 250k and over it is at the lottery's discretion to make the winner public. If they make the winner public they must do so through a press conference, though by goverment law they are not required to.

As for smaller prizes, anything under $500 can simply be mailed to a lottery office and they mail you a check. Anything under $250 can be redeemed at the store where you purchased the ticket if they have the funds on hand (I was once denied a $100 payment and had to send it in).

Also, he never mentioned grand prize and seeing as how the discussion was about multiple level of prizes that wouldn't have even made sense. Even if it did, I clearly stated that nobody found the grand prize so your argument goes down the tube there.

Either way this is a pointless argument. Staff have the final say on all events they hold. If it was a problem that I don't announce prizes another staff would have confronted me or Taran would have asked me to.

way to dodge another bullet btw i find it intiminadting when you base it on maturity level i'm 17 and i'm turnning 18 next year doesn't mean we don't know how the world works sorry we don't all stay in on the pc ALL DAY and be clueless. not to mention that i never mentioined grand prizes but what are you hiding that you REALLY don't want to share? why not be fair thats how the WORD works who cares if you're a GM some of the most known companys in the world follow the same routine for prizes ex mcdonalds and the lottery etc, so once again nice try to try and sweep it under the rug with such a lame exuse as "i don't like telling what the prizes are" when it can be clearly favortism and thats why the world even works like this.

btw the value is ranged around 5000 dollars, not 250,000 because theres also the tim hortons who publicizes you're picture or put you on a commercial when you win the roll up the rim

i just want the shard to be fair and this way we will never really know because he can add say x1000 prizes if he likes the person, i'm not saying he would but you can never really know and that's why we have this system in the realy world and it should work the same way as it does in game

I addressed the grand prize issue because of what Luda said. I can address more than just you in my postsWink

I understand that companies like mcdonalds might announce winners of their contests, though I am sure you know much more about mcdonalds than I do, but what you don't seem to be grasping is that it is up to them to do so. Though I don't know how you went from the lottery to mcdonalds... maybe you are hungry? Anyways, they give out the winner names because they want additional media attention. They don't care if the winners get annoyed by the press or in case of large cash prizes, annoyed by charities and churches. This actually happens to just about everyone who wins a fairly large prize and isn't anonymous. People are people, whether in game or in real life, and they will always look to target the fortunate ones that might be willing to give them something for free.
The end case here is: some people who win the lottery are able to stay anonymous and others aren't. It all depends on who is holding the contest/drawing, where the contest/lottery takes place and laws.

You seriously need to stop assuming everything is corrupt or favoritism though. I will say this again, I do not give information about prizes because I don't want the player to be annoyed. Why can't you understand that?

Even if you knew the prizes, do you know how much time each player put into achieving what they won? How could you possibly know by the prizes if something was unfair? You'd simply complain without knowing the full story, much like you are now.

It isn't your job to be the neighborhood watch and it especially isn't your job to be the Shade watch. I understand that I'm pretty much the most active staff here and most of the time there isn't any other staff to accuse of random things but give it a rest already. What will it take to get you to not say the words "corrupt" or "favoritism" for a month? Will a happy meal suffice?

Shade Wrote:I addressed the grand prize issue because of what Luda said. I can address more than just you in my postsWink

I understand that companies like mcdonalds might announce winners of their contests, though I am sure you know much more about mcdonalds than I do, but what you don't seem to be grasping is that it is up to them to do so. Though I don't know how you went from the lottery to mcdonalds... maybe you are hungry? Anyways, they give out the winner names because they want additional media attention. They don't care if the winners get annoyed by the press or in case of large cash prizes, annoyed by charities and churches. This actually happens to just about everyone who wins a fairly large prize and isn't anonymous. People are people, whether in game or in real life, and they will always look to target the fortunate ones that might be willing to give them something for free.
The end case here is: some people who win the lottery are able to stay anonymous and others aren't. It all depends on who is holding the contest/drawing, where the contest/lottery takes place and laws.

You seriously need to stop assuming everything is corrupt or favoritism though. I will say this again, I do not give information about prizes because I don't want the player to be annoyed. Why can't you understand that?

Even if you knew the prizes, do you know how much time each player put into achieving what they won? How could you possibly know by the prizes if something was unfair? You'd simply complain without knowing the full story, much like you are now.

It isn't your job to be the neighborhood watch and it especially isn't your job to be the Shade watch. I understand that I'm pretty much the most active staff here and most of the time there isn't any other staff to accuse of random things but give it a rest already. What will it take to get you to not say the words "corrupt" or "favoritism" for a month? Will a happy meal suffice?

actually i'm pretty sure it is a law that you have to show who won the prize i don't think it's up to them.

i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who would like to know what the prizes are and i have my personal reasons for favortism which i don't feel like arguing about

smoke Wrote:actually i'm pretty sure it is a law that you have to show who won the prize i don't think it's up to them.

And Like I said it depends on the country, and here IS'NT CANADA!

so why is it such a big deal to keep the main prize hidden then? what's the point? like you said this isnt canada but you guys have a majority of different players all over there world and they might live by those standards as well

Wow... I guess smoke will never stop suprising us with his stupidity.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Lederoil Wrote:Wow... I guess smoke will never stop suprising us with his stupidity.

lol why because i don't trust people over the internet? seriously LOL i guess you're stupider then i thought.