Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

map1 problem

i can't see few stuff you've added to the shard, i tried redownloading the hues, muls etc.. so i guessed the problem was that my client was 5.0.3. so i dloaded the 6.0.4 or whatever there was on the misc section. well seems i need a map1.mul, i have 0,2,3 and 4 on my map but not 1 :/

help?

- regards, Fable

Copy map0.mul and rename the copy to map1.mul. Should work

yeah it worked, just that i had to do the same with staidx and statics :p but i still see the same things as unused Confused

how can i see these square black things with the thext unused on them? when i click at them once, they have a name, like gingerbread man in pits

- regards, Fable

Probably you need to patch uo.

I'd suggest patching after a clean install to or above 6.0.1.0, after which applying the client available on the site. Patching fully before installing our client is the best way to insure everything will be viewable though.
That might not be the most efficient way but that is what worked for me.

I hardly ever keep a backup of the original UO client so it normally won't let me patch without doing a clean install. If you have a backup you can sometimes replace the current client with the original backup and it might let you patch without needing a fresh install. I've never had much luck with that personally though.

or just let the things says unused...like i do lol

I had the same problem correct creating a txt and writing LoL save and quiti. Once I throw(add) this rename the file to map1.mul and the same thing with the rest of files

Shade Wrote:I'd suggest patching after a clean install to or above 6.0.1.0, after which applying the client available on the site. Patching fully before installing our client is the best way to insure everything will be viewable though.
That might not be the most efficient way but that is what worked for me.

I hardly ever keep a backup of the original UO client so it normally won't let me patch without doing a clean install. If you have a backup you can sometimes replace the current client with the original backup and it might let you patch without needing a fresh install. I've never had much luck with that personally though.

i uninstalled uo, reinstalled it, patched it but it stopped at 5.0.6

said patch complete, i tried to patch again but that seemed to be the max. i use mondains legacy btw. so now i added the required files, the client from the website but things still appear as unused Cry

- regards, Fable

That could either be caused by previous files existing in the UO folder it was installing/patching to or because at some point the updater needs to restart and rather than say this it tells you its done. So sometimes you may have to run the patch twice.

In any case, it isn't a huge deal. I personally couldn't stand it and made sure everything was viewable but for the most part we only have a handful of items that require above a 5.0-ish client to see. We pretty much keep such items strictly for deco since some people choose to play with older clients so this won't effect gameplay, just appearance.

aw man.. now i'll never see the gingerbread man Cry

- regards, Fable

Did you patch with UOPatch or with UO.exe as well? I know if you use UOPatch you can only patch to a certain point, then you have to run UO.exe, choose if you want 2D or 3D and then it will continue patching.

oh.. didn't know that. well i'll try it once i gm'ed the skills im macroing Smile

- regards, Fable