Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Taran! About spells fizzling and consuming mana.

Taran!

I noticed that you had changed so that when you fizzle SPELLS (not just scrolls) you loose half the mana the spell costs! I thought you only did that for scrolls, haven't EVER seen anybody do that on spells. Changing that on spells ruins a lot of tactics that people use for spells, and it also ruins one of the few advantages spells have over scrolls (that they don't consume mana when you fizzle them).

For example players often throw greater heal spell before a strong hit just to prepair themselves, and if it misses or if it hits weak they fizzle it by using a bandage instead. Now that would make you loose a lot of mana over time =/

Another example is when players are fighting other players who mask their spells with spam for example, at that point you sometimes want to precast a greater heal spell in case the enemy is throwing a flamestrike hidden, and if you do that 3-4 times in a row with a greater heal spell you would have lost a load of mana.

I don't think it should be this way for spells, only for scrolls, that's how it always have been and that's the best way not to mess up a very nice PvP. I don't think anybody even complained about such a future being needed, so why change what's not flawed? The scrolls were flawed, the spells weren't.

- Ziggy

Well about the spam, we want to get rid of that. And since razor can see the difference between real spells and fake spells I think people will soon stop using spam.

I see your point about the spells, but I think it's good that you have to think twice before casting. If you cast something when it's not needed you made a mistake and therefor should suffer the consequenses. My hopes are that this will make duels a bit faster and not go on for a very long time. At the very least we're going to have to try this out for a while now. But it's not set in stone so if it doesn't work out then we could just change it.

Bane Wrote:you still see the Kal Vas Flam, but instead of all you see is Kal Vas Flam, you see Kal Vas Flam [Flamestrike]. It's always been a razor feature you can toggle on or off, think they just made it default on.

dang, eru, beat me to it =P

Yeah but they have had it disabled before and now it's re-enabled, meaning that the razor people will have an advantage over the injection people. I just think that's there should be a better way of doing this.

Eru Wrote:What he's talking about is how Razor will add [FlameStrike] to the end of Kal Vas Flam. That is a Razor feature and not something we could change unless we recoded Injection to support it. From what I understand, Injection development has been stopped for years now.

Also, the only assistant program we support and develop for is Razor since it is still being supported by its creators. (not counting the scripts we add to block injection exploits)

You will still be able to see Kal Vas Flam though.

Suggestion: Can't you just make all speech and whisper unable to be sent in the exact same color as the powerwords? That way people will see the difference but it won't give razor users an advantage.

Half of us prefer injection and it would suck to have to change to Razor just cause of that.

Taran Wrote:I see your point about the spells, but I think it's good that you have to think twice before casting. If you cast something when it's not needed you made a mistake and therefor should suffer the consequenses. My hopes are that this will make duels a bit faster and not go on for a very long time. At the very least we're going to have to try this out for a while now. But it's not set in stone so if it doesn't work out then we could just change it.

We can try it out but I think it has more cons than pros so to speak. But it will hopefully make duels faster tho, altho I think that players will find ways to abuse it as well.

Injection is not supported like razor is its already been discussed in another thread. what does it matter spam is lame always will be and anyone who knows how to pvp can see through it regardless. This is IN not XUO AWAY WITH THE SPAM!

Paulie Wrote:Injection is not supported like razor is its already been discussed in another thread. what does it matter spam is lame always will be and anyone who knows how to pvp can see through it regardless. This is IN not XUO AWAY WITH THE SPAM!

Injection is a program that half of the community is used to, giving players who use it an disadvantage is still nothing that would be a "good update".

However Taran figured out a good way to differ normal spam from text, so if that works out fine it will be good both for injection AND razor users.

Keep in mind that we all want spam gone, it's just a matter of how it's done.