Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Taran! About powerwords.

Taran!

I was told by an razor user that after your updates today all razor users see "Flame Strike" instead of "Kal Vas Flam" for example, but that's not fair at all because Injection users don't, so if you want to implement that then do it so it's same for everybody, or don't do it at all.

- Ziggy

What he's talking about is how Razor will add [FlameStrike] to the end of Kal Vas Flam. That is a Razor feature and not something we could change unless we recoded Injection to support it. From what I understand, Injection development has been stopped for years now.

Also, the only assistant program we support and develop for is Razor since it is still being supported by its creators. (not counting the scripts we add to block injection exploits)

You will still be able to see Kal Vas Flam though.

you still see the Kal Vas Flam, but instead of all you see is Kal Vas Flam, you see Kal Vas Flam [Flamestrike]. It's always been a razor feature you can toggle on or off, think they just made it default on.

dang, eru, beat me to it =P

Bane Wrote:you still see the Kal Vas Flam, but instead of all you see is Kal Vas Flam, you see Kal Vas Flam [Flamestrike]. It's always been a razor feature you can toggle on or off, think they just made it default on.

dang, eru, beat me to it =P

Yeah but they have had it disabled before and now it's re-enabled, meaning that the razor people will have an advantage over the injection people. I just think that's there should be a better way of doing this.

Eru Wrote:What he's talking about is how Razor will add [FlameStrike] to the end of Kal Vas Flam. That is a Razor feature and not something we could change unless we recoded Injection to support it. From what I understand, Injection development has been stopped for years now.

Also, the only assistant program we support and develop for is Razor since it is still being supported by its creators. (not counting the scripts we add to block injection exploits)

You will still be able to see Kal Vas Flam though.

Suggestion: Can't you just make all speech and whisper unable to be sent in the exact same color as the powerwords? That way people will see the difference but it won't give razor users an advantage.

Half of us prefer injection and it would suck to have to change to Razor just cause of that.

Is there an injection setting to change other peoples' text hue like in razor? You could already do this before to show real power words, so there's no real change.

Eru Wrote:Is there an injection setting to change other peoples' text hue like in razor? You could already do this before to show real power words, so there's no real change.

Well,there is a button to make everything people say or do white, but that includes fake spam so it doesn't really help.

There is also a thing called "text replaces" that will replace all "kal vas flam" and stuff that u see into "Flamestrike" for example, but the problem there is that it does the same thing for the real spells. There is a way to make that work tho, because it did before the .wop was invented, but the text that comes out is in "say" so it is really really fast and flys by, so u miss the real spell anyway unless u keep an close eye on your journal..

Is it possible to change so u cant duplicate that color in say and whisper? if it is then that would be so easy and a good solution, but Im worried that it may be client sided and there for impossible to do. But I hope that u can do it somehow Smile

EDIT: Tested the text replaces and guess what it does now!? It shows say-messages as "Flamestrike" for example, but it does not show real spells at all, it's completely blank. :/

We need to figure out some way to make it work.. I fought the whole tourney yesterday and couldn't see through spams but everybody else could, it was very annoying, and it's not fair that injection players can't have the same advantage, so I think something needs to be done, just dont know how to do it since Im not an RunUO-scripter, and thats where you guys come in! Wink

If that above suggestion doesn't work then can't u just make it so that when somebody writes a say message with includes a power-word it won't show? That way it would also fix the spam, and it wouldn't mess with the injection-users.

I'm not seeing the problem here.

It will basically turn the real "Kal Vas Flam" into "Kal Vas Flam [FlameStrike]"

Only Razor users can see the [Flame Strike] so it's not fair that only they can see the real power words.
  • While it's true that only Razor users will see [FlameStrike], they could already see the real power words by changing other peoples' text hue. Also, this is apparently possible in Injection.

You can change the color in Injection, but it goes really fast because of spam and you can't see it.
    Again, no difference from Razor. If someone casts a spell, then spams fake words of power, it will still get cleared off of the screen, even with the [FlameStrike] at the end.

Change it so that you can't have your speech hue the same as WOP spell hue
    Again, no need for this since you can change the text hue of power words and it will get spammed off the screen anyway.

Make it so when you cast a spell it says the power words through scripts.
    If you do that, then everyone will just spam "Kal Vas Flam [FlameStrike]" instead of "Kal Vas Flam"

I'm still failing to see how there's a problem after re-reading and typing this out. Furthermore, another reason for the change is to get rid of power word spam, so it's counter intuitive to make a change to reduce WOP spam, then make modifications to the same change to let people keep spamming WOP.

Currently with injection you cannot see through power words period (text replace the only feature that stops this, doesnt seem to work on this particular server) With razor you can see through it.

So basically injection users are at a disadvantage. I don't know why Injection users cant see through them, can we just change that? Then everyone who uses razor and injection can both see through power words, which from my understanding was a goal in this pvp (eliminate power words).

I'm not sure why Injection users can't see real spellwords, it's probably reading the packet wrong which means it's an issue with Injection.

But for next update I changed so you can't have a speechhue that looks like real powerwords.

3rd party tools :S (its why i use razor)

Eru Wrote:I'm not seeing the problem here.

It will basically turn the real "Kal Vas Flam" into "Kal Vas Flam [FlameStrike]"

Only Razor users can see the [Flame Strike] so it's not fair that only they can see the real power words.
  • While it's true that only Razor users will see [FlameStrike], they could already see the real power words by changing other peoples' text hue. Also, this is apparently possible in Injection.

No, what injection does is it that it turns ALL text info bright white, but that includes spells, whispers, text, anything, so you won't notice whats real and whats fake. The only thing that usually "works" is the text replaces, but that doesn't work here, you see the text as "Flamestrike" for example, but when somebody casts real spells it's completely blank.

Eru Wrote:Again, no difference from Razor. If someone casts a spell, then spams fake words of power, it will still get cleared off of the screen, even with the [FlameStrike] at the end.
You're missunderstanding what I ment. What I mean is when a REAL powerword is shown on the screen it stays there way longer, but when it is shown with a "say" (or the text replaces) then it spams away way faster. Best way to see what I mean is to try it for yourself.

Eru Wrote:I'm still failing to see how there's a problem after re-reading and typing this out. Furthermore, another reason for the change is to get rid of power word spam, so it's counter intuitive to make a change to reduce WOP spam, then make modifications to the same change to let people keep spamming WOP.
You're failing to see my point again. I want the spam to be GONE completely, and if done properly players won't get any advantage at all out of spamming. The problem was that razor users got an advantage over injection users with the current change.

I spoke to Taran and suggestion an idea to stop players from using the same hue color for text and whisper as real spells are, that way its very easy to see which ones are real and which ones are fake, there by eliminating the need for fake spell spam, and he managed to script that so we don't need to discuss this anymore, I'm very happy with the result, but I just wanted to reply to your post to clearify that you missunderstod what I was saying Smile

Taran Wrote:But for next update I changed so you can't have a speechhue that looks like real powerwords.
Amazing! Can't wait for next update Smile