Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Housing trouble

Today someone killed me and my wife inside of my house from outside by vortex. He tried to get into the house. I think it should be punishable couse it breaks personal space of the player - the private house.

It is possible to make so that the extraneous person (not from friends or co-owners list) could not come nearer to the house or enter into it?

I moved this to Suggestions & Ideas since it's not a bug.

OK.

Or as variant it is possible to add a zone round the house which it is possible to protect a fence (like as on Sphere servers)!

as far as I know fencing is not allowed. I got that information from shade

Quote:It is possible to make so that the extraneous person (not from friends or co-owners list) could not come nearer to the house or enter into it?

This would defeat the whole purpose of house looting, which IS allowed on IN:X.

Just be careful about where u macro.

XoD Wrote:It is possible to make so that the extraneous person (not from friends or co-owners list) could not come nearer to the house or enter into it?

I know how it works I already played on a shard with that system and its not good, you are running and when you pass by the house stairs you got sended back. Also like luda said it defeat the house loot.

About the fence it had alredy a long discussing and they already said no to it.

A hint: Dont macro at roofs or at first floor, the best place is on the second btw first and roof. Also if you have a custom house you just need a room with a door to be safe ( I mean a room inside other).

Than the 1st floor is dangerous for macroing?

Yea, if you are near a wall he can firefield you by outside and if its a custom house you can have missed a corner of wall (looks like is all ok but is missing one little thing there letting a leak ) already happened to me and people could cast by that and also take things that was inside near the leak, luck I find it before people find hehe.

Please tell to man who badly knows English - what is Carebear server?

Carebear server basically means that the server has added features to protect players from any wrong doing by other players. Some even go as far as to make ways that players never lose items at all. Anything that protects a player from losing something is carebear in my opinion.

The reason why I have always loved UO is because you can do whatever you want, such as: house looting, scamming, trickery, stalking, trapping, etc. When I used to play those were my main reasons to even log on. So personally I am against any sort of house security that totally prevents a player from even entering a house or stepping on the steps.

Just macro in the center of the house, make sure that there isn't a clear line of sight from outside and you will be fine.