Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Noobie suggestion

It's been said by a lot of people on numerous occasions that people just don't know about our forums. I suggest that whenever you make a new character you get a book with the website and forum address in them. Just something simple like Check out in-x.org for the latest news and come discuss anything and everything on our forums @ in-x.org/forums. It's an easy way to point people here and I don't think it would require too much work on the part of the devs.

Or another option could be to auto-create an account on the forums with the name of your in-game account or the first character you make in-game and the password is the same as your account password.

And also put a P.s on book: If you arent having to much action in game come to forums, plenty of action going here. :p

Or how about when a person makes and account and clicks the "how to join" tab, maybe right after that they click the forums tab? :p

Papa Smurf Wrote:Or how about when a person makes and account and clicks the "how to join" tab, maybe right after that they click the forums tab? :p

Are you saying to put the forums higher on the list on the top-left hand side of the hoempage? I don't think that would help hahaha

lol 80 nah man I am saying, the newbie could always click the forum tab right after he/she joins the shard. I am saying its not that difficult.

Well for example I got a buddy that used to play XUO to come play INX and I just sent him the download links and he set everything up no problems. I even gave him the homepage and forum links and he hasn't posted here yet, so it might just be an issue of not knowing about the forums or forgetting and this idea would help that for the type of player someone gets to join and doesn't tell about the forums.

Sure it's the person's fault for not telling the new player about the forums but where's the harm in it? Smile

Actually it took me like 6 months to get a forum account here, for some reason I had a bunch of problems and had to have staff get it working for me.

I think it no each new player will reflect on that that it is necessary to look in the book =) E.g i throw out at once usually such books...

What about another way - big gump with information which cannot be closed? Something like gump which was on the first XUO on RunUO Emu only not with the questionnaire and with the important information =)

I've suggested to the staff to do a message of the week gump that tells you all the updates added each week but I don't think they really want to do it right now.

A gump could work too. We just need some way to point players to the forums.

The forums already has more action than the shard. Don't think we need more people on forums.

If on shard that comes more players and at their forum accordingly becomes more! So will be in any case because any problem is easier and faster to solve here.

Captain Morgan Wrote:The forums already has more action than the shard. Don't think we need more people on forums.

True, but part of the suggestion was to get people to come to the forums to see the updates made ingame, and to also read about all kinds of quests that are available, since some people say there's nothing to do, but it's just a case of not knowing sometimes and if you can point people in the right direction that would help the problem.