Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Patcher wont work

My houses got all messed up and the patcher didnt fix anything after I repatched so I reinstalled UO. Then I tried running patcher but it didnt patch. So then I downloaded the patcher over again and it asked me where client.exe is: When I located it, I got the error: Error Variable used without being declared

Hmm. I'm at work now so I can't work on it for another 5-6 hours, but for now you can try downloading the IN Full Package.zip file instead. That should have the latest files in it.

If that's not working and the problem is only with houses, you can manually download the multi.mul.zip and multi.idx.zip files here: http://db.tt/6Rxad1m

I have a fresh idea of where the problem might be happening. It's trying to check to see if it can find the path through registry keys, then if it can't, it prompts you to input the path. What you can do is create a file in the same directory and name it "Patcher.ini" and it won't perform that check when it starts up. I'll fix it later.

so you saw my posts of other troubleshooting i tried. as a last ditch effort i tried reinstalling UO and manually DLING/copying over all your dropbox files. no go. running inpatcher.exe from UO directory or its own directory no go. i separated the inpatcher.exe file into it's own folder made a file named patcher.ini and no go. mm ill try what you come up with when i get home from work.

I've fixed the Patcher. Could you try redownloading it now? Sorry everyone.

patched up; client crashes on login when trying to login just with client; injection gives error that i posted a picture of in general discussion; going to try razor now but i dont use razor. injection is best.

mm same as before =D client crashes on login, injection shows "client cannot attach" message, razor hangs at verifying acct. ouch

patched with in-patcher, redownloaded client from dropbox, and now ive managed to get on with razor. so now problems are
1. client not being able to sign in without razor
2. injection will not load with client provided in patcher or dropbox, and usual client5 gives "client could not attach to server it must have been taken down" error.

hmm i need to find someone else who uses injection and see if its me or server issue. if both of our injections are failing, i'll stop troubleshooting this shit on my end and let you guys resolve it.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the SVN update and what clients are allowed. Everyone who's having this problem, please provide:

Which Program Crashes:
When Does it Crash:
Your Operating System:
If Vista/7, is UAC enabled?:
Patching Method:
Client Version:
Error Messages or Screnshots if it's a specific error:

"gumpidx.mul.zip could not be opened as an archive."

I've updated the Full Package and the gumpart.mul.zip and gumpidx.mul.zip in the patcher's resources folder. I've also changed the server-side .ini file to force a redownload of those two files.

I think what was happening was that it was correctly downloading gumpart.mul but there was a mismatch between that and gumpidx.mul and it was causing client crashes/hangs.

Re-Patch or redownload the full package and see if that fixes it.

I need to look into finding a way to run a parity check in my update scripts when updating the files to keep that from happening in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience. Shade's computer fails at running 7zip. (see how I passed the blame there? :3)

How exactly does my computer fail at running 7zip when I updated the stupid patcher like 20 times. Also the svn update didn't change anything relating to client compatibility. The problem here is, the patcher just breaks things.. and add a close button to the patcher! Tired of being asked "How do I close this?!" Tongue

mmmm aight eru thank u for helping.. good call on the the "auto install injection" feature in the new patcher, awesome. im on with injection at the moment. i do like the idea of a close button added to patcher. opening up task manager each time =D