Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't create account

I have a friend who is tring to get on the server. He says everytime he types in a username and password it just says there is a problem communicating with the server. I have tried walking him through all of the steps. Any reason why he would be getting that error upon trying to create an account?

This happened to me also, I patched UO and done

you patched all the way up? And did not stop at the 6.0. whatever?

I would suggest trying without a third party program like razor or injection, with just the INpatcher-files (at least client & login.cfg), plus having UO patched to at least 6.0. If that works then it's injection or razor that is not setup properly. If not then maybe it's the account name that is already taken, or that UO isn't patched enough. In that case I would recommend reinstalling and patching again.

Does it say error communicating with the server or error communicating with origin?

If origin then it might be because someone with his IP already created a different account and that's why he can't login.

It's says "error communicating with the origin, please restart Ultima Online and try again"

Tell him to PM me with the IP from which he is connecting and I will see if he's being blocked somehow.