Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wishful Thinking

Quote:I can be wrong but I think we had those on IN, well at last I played on a shard where had it.
They worked same as invis spell.

We did have them on IN and they were great to have as they added some variety to the pvp.

Quote:Dragons/nightmares - would it be possible to script them in such a way where they can't attack players, similar to how when you attack someone with a blackwidow it does normal damage?

Still the fact remains that they would unbalance the pvm, at least dragons. Maybe nightmares could be acceptable but there would have to be some sort of tag to only allow a player to have one at a time. They would probably need to be lowered in stats a bit as well since all tamables are trainable.

Quote:Do I need to quote the merge agreement saying INX would use XUO style PvP?

So many things have been broken or bent already. I won't bother mentioning them as everytime I do people start crying but this really isn't a worthy reason not to look into something. After all even balancing weapons has an effect on PvP and that is planning to be done at some point, if we went according to that the weapons would stay as is.

Quote:It's not impossibly hard PvP

Its not that its very hard, its boring :p No variation of any sort. Reminds me of the olden days when idiots would take 10 paces and politely attack each other with preset rules determined. Killing is an involved skill which often uses many forms of trickery, which we do not offer here.

Quote:Of course that an army of dragons or nightmares would be bad but why not mark just this creature? to a limit of 1 or 2. Or have the number we want but only 1 unshrinked? For selling purposes...

Good point, didn't think about the sale of them. There would have to be a check for that as well where only one could be unshrunk by a person but at the same time they could have a shrunken one on them I suppose. *sigh* this will be such a pain if added :p

Solid I know it's boring to read but we have some very good PvP guides on the main website, and there are also Injection guides by me and Smoke in the Player Guides section of the forums. If you ask questions someone will definitely answer you. It's much better then just telling us you have questions Smile

I'm not great or even good at the pvp but if you ask a GM to open the free duel area I'll come fight you a bit!

Shade Wrote:[QUOTE=Eighty Swords]Dragons/nightmares - would it be possible to script them in such a way where they can't attack players, similar to how when you attack someone with a blackwidow it does normal damage?

Still the fact remains that they would unbalance the pvm, at least dragons. Maybe nightmares could be acceptable but there would have to be some sort of tag to only allow a player to have one at a time. They would probably need to be lowered in stats a bit as well since all tamables are trainable.[/QUOTE]

Of course we have to keep this in mind, my first concern when I read this idea was to not have two people with a dragon/mustang each go and gank someone. I agree it will make pvm easier but I'm sure if either monster is added or made tameable they can be balanced to give a small advantage like a elven bow over a regular bow, but not a HUGE advantage.

Shade Wrote:[QUOTE=Eighty Swords]Do I need to quote the merge agreement saying INX would use XUO style PvP?

So many things have been broken or bent already. I won't bother mentioning them as everytime I do people start crying but this really isn't a worthy reason not to look into something. After all even balancing weapons has an effect on PvP and that is planning to be done at some point, if we went according to that the weapons would stay as is.[/QUOTE]

I won't claim to know every little detail about IN, but I don't think there have been any foundation ideas from IN that have been so distorted now on INX that they're not even recognizable to what they were on IN. This is what I want to avoid happening to the XUO style PvP we currently have. This PvP was the foundation of XUO, it wasn't one of the small features, it's what XUO was all about. See what I'm saying?

Shade Wrote:[QUOTE=Eighty Swords]It's not impossibly hard PvP

Its not that its very hard, its boring :p No variation of any sort. Reminds me of the olden days when idiots would take 10 paces and politely attack each other with preset rules determined. Killing is an involved skill which often uses many forms of trickery, which we do not offer here.

If you don't think it's hard go and win the next weekly reg Smile And there are plenty of different things you can do with the PvP as is. Cast poison on someone just before you dump and if they fall for it they will cast cure instead of ignoring the 2 poison damage every 5 seconds. You can poison your weapon and that will force your opponent to change weapons himself to give you a lot of low hits so you have to heal as much as he does, you can come up with different spell combinations, etc. The people who call it boring are the people who lose in the first round of every tour and spend 30 minutes watching everyone else. When you're actually fighting it's exciting. Sure there might only be 2 main spells in the pvp, but you never know what combination is coming and if you'll get a big hit or not!!

When it comes to the PvP it's all opinion.

My opinion is as follows-

I have never played XUO before but it's style of PvP to me seems terrible. If you have to use more then UOAssist for PvP its not fun. I played a sphere.51a shard and used UOAssist. Now that was fun. A Variety of weapons were succesfull ranging from Elven Bows, Chu-ko-nu, War Fork, Long Sword, Bardiche. You used bandages. If you saw someone casting a long spell like flame strike you could set a macro to cast spell poison, last target and it would cast faster and when it poisoned it would cause them to fizzle. It was cool cause it was like you had to be aware of when and what they were casting to be able to time it. You could also drink invis pots if you saw a flamestrike coming to cause a fizzle. From what I've gathered there is almost no strategizing when you use this injection. Its all about the macros. The best macros timed right win. Where the fun in that?

Im not against macros, but when you can write out like 8 lines of script for a macro then push one button and you say Kal Vas Flam, In Vas Mani 100 times (exaggeration) heal yourself equip bow and cast spell, well thats just insane. Of course in no way am I trying to get it changed to my ways, I'm just old school and thats why you wont see me PvP probably.

I also understand the thing about Dragons. Maybe you could allow Dragons only to be kept in your house. Like say, home protection, seeing as realistically the idea of a person in UO's day and age walking around with a shrunken dragon in its pouch being able to pull it out and command it then shrink it whenever would be qualities of "the Gods" and should not be allowed. But the idea of someone capturing one and chaining it down in a field near its house and feeding it mustangs and peasants, nows that understandable!

Just a hint if you wanna keep that thread on the right direction:

Dont talk about pvp or in change any aspect of it. Wink

Quote:When it comes to the PvP it's all opinion.

My opinion is as follows-

I have never played XUO before but it's style of PvP to me seems terrible. If you have to use more then UOAssist for PvP its not fun. I played a sphere.51a shard and used UOAssist. Now that was fun. A Variety of weapons were succesfull ranging from Elven Bows, Chu-ko-nu, War Fork, Long Sword, Bardiche. You used bandages. If you saw someone casting a long spell like flame strike you could set a macro to cast spell poison, last target and it would cast faster and when it poisoned it would cause them to fizzle. It was cool cause it was like you had to be aware of when and what they were casting to be able to time it. You could also drink invis pots if you saw a flamestrike coming to cause a fizzle. From what I've gathered there is almost no strategizing when you use this injection. Its all about the macros. The best macros timed right win. Where the fun in that?

Im not against macros, but when you can write out like 8 lines of script for a macro then push one button and you say Kal Vas Flam, In Vas Mani 100 times (exaggeration) heal yourself equip bow and cast spell, well thats just insane. Of course in no way am I trying to get it changed to my ways, I'm just old school and thats why you wont see me PvP probably.

Noone here using 8lines scripts for PvP. Its exactly same scripts like you used on assist. For example - One key fs last target, other key heal yourself and so on.
Longest script that I use for pvp looks like:

sub scroll_xuo_last()
uo.exec("waittargetlast")
uo.exec("usetype 0x1f5f")
end sub

It will just cast XUO FlameStrike on last target when I'll press hotkey, its not like I'm pressing one button and watching how my character fights.
There are no combo-scripts at all. We use injection just cos its a little bit faster than assist or razor and it will never display such messages as "Macro halted" or something like that... This PvP is about timing and about knowing which move your opponent will make, its about counting your own mana/hitpoints and also knowing how much mana opponent has. Its about tricking him, controlling the fight make him heal more frequently thus you will hit more and drain mana faster... And much more. It's just impossible to explain every aspect of this PvP on forums...
I really suggest you to try it out, even tho if you didn't duel so much here you can see it as "boring and repetative" but trust me there is alot of variety and everyone who PvPed here for at least two months will proove it.

I agree 100% with Gang-Bang. Most people will have macros just like he said. Some other people will make a macro to say 3-4 different spells and some people will add 1-2 lines of spam to their fs macros to cover up their attacks.

I think people have the wrong impression of injection. They hear you have to write your own macro and they think it's the craziest thing ever. Take a look at the player guides. Me and smoke cover a lot of stuff about injection and we also give you a few simple macros and teach you how to make your own macros.

Once you try Injection for yourself you'll realize it's no different then UO Assist or Razor, except as Gang Bang said it lags 10x less then Razor. I've used Razor for a good 4-5 years now and never once did I run across 10 tiles smoothly. First day I used Injection I ran across all of britain so smooth I couldn't believe it!!

Atreides I don't think it's fair for you to say this PvP is one dimensional or boring considering you've been here for 1-2 weeks. Give it a good solid try before you judge it and I'm sure you'll warm up to it Smile

And as for potions, you can only use one every 16 seconds so when you are low on mana or HP I don't think you will want to use your one pot in the next 16 seconds on a invis pot. That of course is up to you. And in tours it's illegal to go invis and in events like CTF and CW hiding is disabled.

But if you are with low hp and still got some mana you can use invis pot and cast a spell ( if the potion work as the invis spell) without get revealed, sure if its not like when a mob cast a spell on you.

When a mob cast a spell on you and you go invis while he still casting, when he finish to cast, the spell still got you, so if work that same way for player you target someone, cast fs so the guy use a pot and your fs still got he , the pot definatly not going to help you.

btw the invis pot gonna help ALOT on PvM.

Very true, will definitely help for PvM since you can't use the skill hiding sometimes Smile

First things first,

I never said I knew anything about injection. Second, this isn't my first time to play this game. Also, I specifically said I didn't want anything to change on account of me.

From now on I'll just keep my mouth shut on the matter of PvP, it's obviously a touchy subject I don't know enough about here on IN-X.

And Eighty. I played on IN 1 and 2. I played on Flint Hills for over 1 1/2 years. This is not my first rodeo.

First of all, I only said what I did because I got the impression you thought Injection was a big bad evil monster that ruined UO when it's no worse of then UO Assist.

Second, don't shut up just because someone disagrees with you. I'm just giving my point of view on the subject as you did.

Third, I've seen you say before you've played a few shards so I know you're not a UO noob. And as you said, you played on IN and not XUO which is where the PvP comes from so naturally there will be some adjustment period for you and I just wanted to point out you should try it for more then 10 minutes before you think it's boring and simplistic.

Big Grin

why don't u all pvp instead of just bitc hing about it.

all i ever see is how "boring" it is but yet none of u guys actually pvp

i should go out and say pvm sucks here

LudaKrishna Wrote:why don't u all pvp instead of just bitc hing about it.

all i ever see is how "boring" it is but yet none of u guys actually pvp

i should go out and say pvm sucks here

If you think pvm sucks be free to say that and explain why it sucks, no one stopping you to expess your opinion.
Just make it on the right thread.

I hope that the last off topic post, I hate how every thread on here go off topic and start flames when someone say the world pvp and change on same sentence.

Btw thats why I said to you The Enlightened One if you want to keep that thread on right direction dont talk about change pvp, the only thing you gonna get with it are alot people flaming and talking shit, going off topic.
Sure if you have any opinion about the pvp you dont have to shut up, just make a thread for just it. Wink

Lets get back to the topic...

I know on runuo you have how to set up a limit to how many pets you have unshiriked, what about set it to something like 30 and make nightmare use like 17 slot.