Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GM Tailor Reward Item

Would it be possible to add a preview feature for the GM Tailor reward tub? It's hard to tell how clothes will look by the little picture of the tub. Maybe add a preview button and when you press it it dyes all your clothes that hue instead of the tub on the gump. Then if you change the color on the gump your clothes change color as well, but if you press ok or if you move a tile your clothes get restored to their previous color. I have a feeling that it's possible to do the preview and restore part since I've seen GMs joke around in tours where they dye everyone and their clothes a certain color and then restore them to what they were.

I'm about to get a new tub because I'm finishing Tailoring on a second character and last time I paged a GM to show me what the tub would look like because I didn't want to risk taking it and it turns out to be ugly. And if it did turn out to be ugly I didn't want to have to ask a GM to change it for me which I have a feeling would not be easy to get done since the GM could say something like 'well I don't know how long you had it so maybe you already dyed a bunch of stuff this color, so no I can't do it. sorry.'

Another reason to do it this way is because you get to choose the tub color unlike with the random dye tubs you can buy so I think you should get a chance to see it.

Just another little thing that would be nice to have.

Meh as someone who staffed before you should know you could just use pandora to view items with specific hues, as well as insideuo. I also believe that there is a link floating around of someone who posted a majority of the hues on robes or something.

It just doesn't seem very important when players can look for themselves, in my opinion.

Before the shard went live 2-3 years ago Taran did spend the time taking pictures of a lot of hues which you can find here. If you notice, at the top of the page it says 'This is not all the hues we have... so there are plenty more out there that we don't know what they will look like.

As for Pandora's box, yes I did use that but a question that came up when I was playing with that was does it take our mul files or supply it's own? Also, if you double click the hue in the top left corner it opens another window for hues and there is a slider you can adjust here that throws them all off. How do I know the good settings?

As for players searching for themselves, that's hard to do when every shard has custom hues so 1234 might be a wicked red color here but an ugly blue color on another shard. Furthermore I don't think we should all have to go out and get a 3rd party program for something like this if it's not too complicated to do in game. I understand time constraints and real life obligations etc, but it would be nice to have if someone has the time to do this.

You can Download runuo run it enter on your own serve and test anycolor you want in anyhting you want.

Btw about the link shade was talking about, I think it was Sindern who posted but the link seens expired.

Ryuuku Wrote:You can Download runuo run it enter on your own serve and test anycolor you want in anyhting you want.

I considered trying that but wasn't sure if it would cause an issue having both runuo installed an a version of ultima online to play a shard. If anyone got that working maybe I'll give it a shot Smile

But again, it still leaves the fact players have to set up this 3rd party thing to do it.

These are the types of suggestions that can help us. Sure, its easy to tell people to go elsewhere, but it's even better when they can find all the information they want on INX at INX!

Eighty Swords Wrote:I considered trying that but wasn't sure if it would cause an issue having both runuo installed an a version of ultima online to play a shard. If anyone got that working maybe I'll give it a shot Smile

I did it when was near to gm tailor and work great, just need to install the file ( I cant remember correctly but I think it just extract a folder) ,run the server file and login with razor. Pretty Simple!

i have runuo installed and did those things that were already said here when i gm'ed tailoring. But i use runuo to train my C# experience and play a little bit with scripts and to make some ideas.
However i think that it is useless just to see the color :x.

Would it give too much work to change the gump? instead of a tub place a robe, that would give a better idea on how it would be in clothes.
It's true that if you want a different color of those that are posted on website you still need to have pandora and a local server. Maybe a useless idea, but im just sharing my opinion Wink.

Regards,
Solid.

But it still dont fix the problem, most of color on robes looks diferent on character.

Ryuuku Wrote:But it still dont fix the problem, most of color on robes looks diferent on character.

And that's why I wanted to get it changed so it would change all the clothes on your character. I think this is the only way to give a real preview. In the end I don't see anything bad from this suggestion and it can only save arguments in the future where someone thinks a hue looks good but it turns out to suck!