Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Xtreme Monsters

I find Xtreme armor drop a little low. I've killed a good 30+ Xtreme skeles and never got 1 drop. I've also killed the rare dragon and a few Xtreme ogres and never got 1 drop from them either.

Do all Xtreme monsters have a chance to drop the armor pieces on INX? They did on XUO and I found lots of pieces there. I also hunted a lot more but I still think I found them on a higher frequency then what I do now.

I also find the loot on Xtreme ogres very low. They give the same amount as an Xtreme skele which in comparison is much easier to kill. (Hopefully the GMs will boost Xtreme ogre loot instead of dropping Xtreme skele loot which is decent for the time it takes).

While we're talking about Xtreme monsters is there any chance we can get more spawns on Xtreme 'island' please? I brought this up a while ago and I think it will be good as it will promote some more gank as it becomes a more popular hunting spot. There are a few small houses there now but I never find anyone there. Last time I mentioned getting more Xtreme monster spawns Taran and I said the following and then the thread got kinda off topic;

Eighty Swords Wrote:
Taran Wrote:The xtreme armor drop is higher here on xtreme monsters than it was on XUO. So we can't add too many xtreme spawns since it will make xtreme armor more common then.

Thats weird because individual armor pieces sell for about double the price compared to XUO and everyone says the economy is all out of whack here...

We could lower the drop rate though and add more Xtreme monster spawns. This way more people can be out there hunting and it won't always be the same few spots.

I've done some more hunting since this discussing Xtreme monsters and Xtreme 'island' in this thread and I really don't find there to be a high drop rate on Xtreme armor.

See the thing about extreme AR is honestly in my eyes its to easy to get, that is why you never see anyone pvping with saph or adam ar. Skeletons have the lowest drop rate obviously and it goes up as you fight harder monsters. The thing about extreme AR is it seems that everyone that pvps has a set of it, people sell it pieces pretty cheap from what I've seen. The drop rate wont be messed with im pretty sure cause then what would be the point of even GMing blacksmithing or being a crafter if you can just go out and kill a few monsters to get a set of 1 of the best AR's on the shard.

IMO you can't get a set of Xtreme AR with the current drop rates in a day of hunting whereas you can get a enough ore to make a decent armor set in a few hours of mining.

Very ironically I got my first drop just now, off an Xtreme Skele too!!

As far as sell prices go, there was only 1 piece in the whole vendor mall until I bought today and that 1 piece was 5k on Technique's vendor which is normally very low prices! So lets call it 30k for a full Xtreme Armor set even though people add a good 10-20k+ on a completed set, that is again more then a decent set of armor you make out of ore.

As far as using Xtreme AR for pvp... I don't see this happening very much, if at all considering 90%+ of regs are autosupply so people can't use it here, and I can't see anyone ganking in this good armor as we're all item hogs on here afraid to lose something when we have 10 more of it.

Extreme AR has 60 ar rating tell me 1 set of armor that you can mine a full set in a few hours? Ive personally mined over 50 hours and only can make half a set of saph and adam which has the same ar rate as extreme if its not exceptional. 50 hours of hunting you can easily have a set of Extreme.

If I remember correctly I said a GOOD set, not BEST :eek: To answer your question though, that would be something like black diamond and maybe even blackrock that you can get a full set of within a few hours. Thats 45-48 AR vs 60 AR and you're talking about one being 5-10x longer to get.

Also, I guess you're talking 50 hours of constant hunting. Hunting you have long delays on some spawns before you can revisit them whereas with mining I can do maybe 1/5 of the mine by Minoc before I can cover the same tiles again so it's much faster.

It's good to do comparisons but more so I was thinking of emphasizing two things

1) Maybe we could raise Xtreme armor drops by 1-2% for starters that way it won't be too much at once. Then if we find that's too much we can always lower it without having too big of a negative impact on the rareness or value of Xtreme AR.

2) Get a couple more Xtreme monster spawns to spice things up, and maybe get some ganking going on what could become popular hunting spots.

your not suppose to get a set a day and xtreme is rare the economy is just ****ed

Quote:IMO you can't get a set of Xtreme AR with the current drop rates in a day of hunting whereas you can get a enough ore to make a decent armor set in a few hours of mining.

#1 ur not supposed to get an xtreme set in one day
#2 if you hunt enough xtreme dragons like i did u can get a set in 1-2 weeks

If you spend a few days hopping to every single xtreme spawn you could get a set a week :/

In any case, even though xtreme isn't repairable it is still equal to the best armor you can craft. You also have to keep in mind that to craft those armors you have to sink weeks into blacksmithy and weeks into mining. Xtreme already drops too much and there are countless pieces floating around, sometimes luck just doesn't play out in your favor.

Lets not try to screw over blacksmiths even more...

smoke Wrote:your not suppose to get a set a day and xtreme is rare the economy is just ****ed

Luda Krishna Wrote:#1 ur not supposed to get an xtreme set in one day

I wasn't saying you should. I was saying in comparison you can get a VERY good set of armor from mining in much much less time.

You guys all perfectly illustrated my point for me. You can't get an Xtreme armor set in 1 day but you can get more then enough for 1 set of black diamond or black rock. For the odd occasion where you can use it that extra 12-15 AR isn't a deal breaker.

As for the time you put in to train bs & mining, you have to put in time to train pvm skills too such as provocation, peacemaking, etc all in addition to the basic skills like magery, combats, resting spells, etc.

I'm NOT saying you should be able to get an Xtreme armor set in 1 day, I'm saying that in about 30+ Xtreme monsters I've killed I only ever got 1 piece. Thats a 3% chance average. Seems very very low to me.

Eighty Swords Wrote:As for the time you put in to train bs & mining, you have to put in time to train pvm skills too such as provocation, peacemaking, etc all in addition to the basic skills like magery, combats, resting spells, etc.

Are you srsly when you write this?

To kill an extreme you just need magery, archery, tatics.

You can choose those 3 from stone (Magery 90) (Tatics 100) (Archery 100).

Now you just need to hunt like 10k EASY, buy some cheap scrolls and you are done to kill any Xtreme.

Why you need provo? You cant provo xtremes.
I tought we were talking about xtremes here.

Edit: You can finish magery very easy if you hunt one day you can finish on the other one.
But you can choose 90 mining from stone ( what is STUPID 90 mining is to much) and still need to mine like 40+ hours to finish it.
And 65 bs , so you need to get around 230k iron to gm it and be able to make adamant and saph set.

Quote:
Quote:#1 ur not supposed to get an xtreme set in one day
I wasn't saying you should. I was saying in comparison you can get a VERY good set of armor from mining in much much less time.

Quote:IMO you can't get a set of Xtreme AR with the current drop rates in a day of hunting whereas you can get a enough ore to make a decent armor set in a few hours of mining.

your timeline to get an xtreme set is still one day....that's what we're trying to tell u is that your not supposed to get it in 1 day. For other armors, you'd have to have gm mining or 95+ to get Black Diamond or Black Rock AND u need to have gm blacksmity to craft the armor like shade pointed out that alone takes time.

LudaKrishna Wrote:your timeline to get an xtreme set is still one day....that's what we're trying to tell u is that your not supposed to get it in 1 day. For other armors, you'd have to have gm mining or 95+ to get Black Diamond or Black Rock AND u need to have gm blacksmity to craft the armor like shade pointed out that alone takes time.

No, I'm not trying to establish a 1 day time period to be able to get an Xtreme set. It was a comparison. You guys are right, Xtreme armor is one of the highest AR sets in the game and shouldn't take 30 seconds to get. I said increase the drop rate by 1-2% at most for now and we can see how that is. A 1-2% increase in the drop rate won't give you a set in 1 day compared to the 1 week you guys say it takes now.

Ryuuku Wrote:Are you srsly when you write this?

To kill an extreme you just need magery, archery, tatics.

You can choose those 3 from stone (Magery 90) (Tatics 100) (Archery 100).

Now you just need to hunt like 10k EASY, buy some cheap scrolls and you are done to kill any Xtreme.

Why you need provo? You cant provo xtremes.
I tought we were talking about xtremes here.

Edit: You can finish magery very easy if you hunt one day you can finish on the other one.
But you can choose 90 mining from stone ( what is STUPID 90 mining is to much) and still need to mine like 40+ hours to finish it.
And 65 bs , so you need to get around 230k iron to gm it and be able to make adamant and saph set.

It's more then those 3 skills Ryuuku. You need evaluating intelligence, anatomy, resisting spells (unless you want to die in 1 cast from another monster nearby), healing, maybe hiding, etc.

I agree a sapphire or adam set takes longer to gather the ingots for and the time to train the skills to be able to make it, but the way Shade said it was as if there's 0 prep time required to be able to go out and hunt. Hunting also requires some player skill, it's not just running a macro like mining is.

As for needing 40+ hours to go from 90-100 mining that's not true at all. I seriously doubt I even spent 40 hours training it from 60-100!!

Thread summary: I'm not asking to get the Xtreme armor drop rate increased so drastically that you can get a whole set in 1 day, I'm asking if we can do a small increase to make it a bit more common. Smoke said the economy is f*cked, well that doesn't necessarily mean there are Xtreme armor pieces for sale! Like I said in my last post, there's none at all in the vendor mall so it's not exactly the most common thing in the world.