Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Injection Guide *Contest Thread*

Yeah well, there wasn't a contest thread so i made one for everyone to post there guide in instead of having 100 threads of spam.

How to get on injection a small guide:

Well it's pretty simple i'll post 2 screen shots first so you can get a good idea then i'll explain how to do it.

[Image: jkvs5j.jpg]
[Image: 2yo4hm0.jpg]

First off download and get Modians Legacy UO from here --> http://www.in-x.org/component/option,com...Itemid,62/

After you do that patch it fully and try to patch it again to ensure that this will work.
Once you've sucessfully installed UOML follow this order in adding you're require files and injection files or it will not work.

-Patch UO
- Add in require files
- Inset injection clients into UO folder
- Install injection folder to desktop

-Once you do all this change the client DIR to your UO folder
-Then add a new server name it whatever you want and under the name put the login inx.xs4all.nl,2593 add it and save it. (make sure you save it).
-For the client Add a name and choose the 5.0.1 Client add it and save it.

Once you've done all this you will be able to log on injection but your not clearly done yet, you will need to type something in Version in the main tab where i circled in red, 4.0.1 and then make sure you click off the version check box and press save. (the boxs i have checked off are to my own preference you may use those if you like or test out other things but most of them create lag and are useless).

So finally you are on injection and it's stable and you're ready to play and set up your macros =]

Below is a guide on how to create macros for injection.

Since everyone is starting to use injection due to less lag, i guess i'll help out and post all the basic skills you need to pvp or pvm

Steps to setting up and using injection:

1. Go to the macro section add the line of the macro and put in a hotkey in the little bar below and press add hotkey
2. Go back to the main section tab and don't forget to click save or whatever you've done will not be saved
3. You can customize your injection appearence in the display section to whatever comfort you like
4. The waittargetobject person1 is used for partners theres a heal reflect and bandages for them, how this works is you make an in game macro called ,addobject person1. once that's done you click on your partner and all your macros for healing reflect and resing will work with whoever you targeted. Don't forget to save in the injection main tab or if you logout or crash it will now save.
5. Waittargetobject rune is very simalar it's a recalling macro you make a macro in game to say ,addobject rune and click on the rune and press the key that you have set for it and it will recall to the rune you have marked. Once again don't forget to save it's important to save because if you don't what you've done won't be saved.
6. That's pretty much it now enjoy and have fun with injection and if you have any questions post them and i'll answer them as best i can

waittargetobject person1; cast 'Greater Heal'
waittargetobject person1; cast 'Reflect'
usetype 0x0F0C (gh pot)
usetype 0x0F09 (other mana pot)
usetype 0x1F4A ;waittargetlast (light scroll)
usetype 0x1F33 ;waittargetlast (nos fs)
usetype 0x1F5F ;waittargetlast (xuo fs)
usetype 0x1F49 ;waittargetself (gh scroll)
usetype 0x1F50 ;waittargetself (reflect scroll)
cast 'Magic Arrow' ;waittargetself
waittargetself; usetype bandage
cast 'Paralyze' ;waittargetlast
cast 'Clumsy' ;waittargetlast
cast 'Greater Heal' ;waittargetself
cast 'Magic Reflection' ;waittargetself
cast 'Heal' ;waittargetself
cast 'Cure' ;waittargetself
waittargetobject rune; cast 'Recall'
waittargetobject person1; usetype bandage
cast 'Recall'
usetype 0x1F5F (precast)
cast 'Wall of Stone'
cast 'Teleport'

I will now begin to explain how to imput scripts and use them.

sub spam()

UO.exec ("msg .wop Kal Vas Flam")
wait (70)
UO.exec ("msg .wop In Vas Mani")
wait (70)
UO.exec ("msg .wop Por Ort Grav")
wait (70)
UO.exec ("msg .wop Kal Vas Flam")
end sub

exec spam

It's really simple first off go to the scripts section and edit current script, then copy and paste the scrim sub spam() up until end sub. The part where it says exec spam is a the trigger key where you put in your injection hot keys to use this script. so after adding the script to the edit current script click the save disk overright to autoload add your hotkey for your spam and then go to injection main and save your new functioning spam! Smile

I will now provide some simple easy macroing scripts that also go into the script/edit current script section but these do not require a hotkey you will add them the same and and save them to autoload but instead of adding a exec hotkey you can simply go in game and type EXAMPLE: ,exec alchemist.
Once your finished with a script and you don't want to macro anymore or ran out of resources and it's a macro that has a loop, make sure you go to the script section and click on the script name showing and press terminate to stop the script.

Other then that i've pretty much explained everything in detail if you have any questions pm me or post on the forums and i'll have you as best i can i'll now provide some scripts to help people who wish to macro or make there lives easier by making pots etc.

Tracking:

sub track ()
while true
uo.exec("useskill 'Tracking'")
uo.lclick(156,147)
wait (700)
wend
end sub

Snooping: change the useobject by using ,info on someones paper doll pack and get the id and replace it

sub snoop ()
while true
UO.Exec("useobject 0x4052E6E5")
wait (2550)
wend
end sub

Peacemaking:

sub peace ()
while true
uo.waittargetself()
Uo.Exec("useskill 'Peacemaking'")
wait (10500)
wend
end sub

ItemID: once again change the waittargetobject id to the item you are using item id on.

sub itemid ()
while true
uo.exec("useskill 'Item Identification'")
uo.waittargetobject ('0x400C2C39')
wait (1200)
wend
end sub

Disordiance: The same thing as itemID change the object to the animal you are using

sub dis ()
while true
uo.exec("useskill 'Enticement'")
wait (25)
uo.waittargetobject ('0x0001295D')
wait (1000)
wend
end sub

Arms Lore: Also the same thing as Disordiance and itemid change the object to the item id your trying to lore by using ,info

sub arms ()
while true
uo.exec("useskill 'Arms Lore'")
uo.waittargetobject('0x40B214FD')
wait (1200)
wend
end sub

Mana Potions: get the supplys needed then run this macro, after read how to terminate the script when finished as posted above in the instructions.

sub alchemist()
while true
uo.exec("usetype 0x0F87")
wait (8400)
wend
end sub

Shrink Potions: Same as mana pots but get the required resources instead of Mana pot resources

sub shrink ()
while true
uo.exec("usetype 0x0F78")
wait (5000)
wend
end sub

Well that's all the scripts that i'm willing to share because some are made for me only but if you have any questions please ask away and i'll try my best to answer what i can.

If anyone need help about injection just post it here and if Smoke can't solve it I will Wink . I'll have a look at your guide when I've to smoke and tell you if something else is needed Big Grin

Pum Pum Plaka Plaka

Don't you know I'm Loco?

Muto Wrote:If anyone need help about injection just post it here and if Smoke can't solve it I will Wink . I'll have a look at your guide when I've to smoke and tell you if something else is needed Big Grin

thanks =]

Good work smoke! I think I will finally be able to set up injection Big Grin

I was looking at some of the macros you gave and I think they're all to train skills and not actually use the skill ingame, is that right? Like the mana potion macro you gave is to continuously make mana potions and not actually use one, or the arms lore one is to keep using it to train the skill, is that right?

If it helps anyone understand what some of the other lines in the macro's mean, here's my explanation from a programmer's point of view. For example if we take the mana potion macro smoke gave;

Quote:sub alchemist()
.....while true
..........uo.exec("usetype 0x0F87")
..........wait (8400)
.....wend
end sub

The lines sub alchemist() and end sub are header for what is called a subroutine. In programming you have a main portion of your program and that can call subroutines. The reason you'd make a subroutine is so that instead of writing something in 3 different portions of your main program you just write a line something like go sub alchemist which will run the subroutine. Each of the macros smoke gave are a subroutine and that's why they all have these two lines.

The lines while true and wend are used to make an infinite loop (not good practice in programming but it works here). Whenever you make a loop in programming you need a starting point, an end point, and an exit condition. In this case smoke said while true, and he didn't assign a variable to this meaning it's always true and will never exit the loop.

I'm not at all familiar with injection so everything I'm saying is from a programming point of view. If smoke wanted, he could have changed the first line to while eyesofnewt>=4, and as long as he has 4 or more eyes of newt the macro would keep going. As soon as he has less then 4 it would stop (and you wouldn't need to manually terminate the macro).

I hope that helped people more then it may have confused you Smile I know the macros didn't make much sense to me until I thought of it in this way.

yea since me and tech have almost all the same macros I can't really add anything else since it's just setting up injection which is left and it's wut he posted lol

Eighty Swords Wrote:Good work smoke! I think I will finally be able to set up injection Big Grin

I was looking at some of the macros you gave and I think they're all to train skills and not actually use the skill ingame, is that right? Like the mana potion macro you gave is to continuously make mana potions and not actually use one, or the arms lore one is to keep using it to train the skill, is that right?

If it helps anyone understand what some of the other lines in the macro's mean, here's my explanation from a programmer's point of view. For example if we take the mana potion macro smoke gave;

The lines sub alchemist() and end sub are header for what is called a subroutine. In programming you have a main portion of your program and that can call subroutines. The reason you'd make a subroutine is so that instead of writing something in 3 different portions of your main program you just write a line something like go sub alchemist which will run the subroutine. Each of the macros smoke gave are a subroutine and that's why they all have these two lines.

The lines while true and wend are used to make an infinite loop (not good practice in programming but it works here). Whenever you make a loop in programming you need a starting point, an end point, and an exit condition. In this case smoke said while true, and he didn't assign a variable to this meaning it's always true and will never exit the loop.

I'm not at all familiar with injection so everything I'm saying is from a programming point of view. If smoke wanted, he could have changed the first line to while eyesofnewt>=4, and as long as he has 4 or more eyes of newt the macro would keep going. As soon as he has less then 4 it would stop (and you wouldn't need to manually terminate the macro).

I hope that helped people more then it may have confused you Smile I know the macros didn't make much sense to me until I thought of it in this way.

yeah the scripts are basically to train skills, but theres a section tab in injection to get the skill name and actually use it the command to use a skill is useskill 'Skill name'

so for example hiding would be useskill 'Hiding'

Also the the one line macros above contain a mana pot macro :p, but there not really considered scripts since there one line functions so you can add those to the macro section and add a hotkey you can do it in the script section but theres no point because it takes longer to make (not really much longer but for you new people to injection it would be hard) and it doesn't cast faster just because it's in a script Tongue

I hope this helped ^_^

up for new players

After doing all this my client open but it gives me an error: UO client performed an unrecovable invalid operation. Terminate?

Any idea on how to fix?

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Solved that part, now it doesnt move on from Verifying account Sad!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Solved everything!
Thank you smoke for the guide!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

sorry didn't see the thread, glad you go it fixed tho

no offense, but your macroingscripts are really bad... use skill; wait(x) is generally really really bad... first of all there's lag involved so you can't be sure the skill will finish during the time x. second of all, you'll need to test out how long the skill takes to finish so you can know x... almost all skills give some kind of feedback when they're finished, for example hiding you either get "You have hidden yourself well." or "You fail to hide." (or something like that), instead of using "while true; useskill hiding; wait(1200); wend" a much much better way would be:

sub hiding()
....var counter = 0
....while uo.skillval("Hiding") < 1000 # Until GM'd.
........uo.deletejournal() # So that the earlier feedback don't get involved.
........counter = 0 # Reset counter.
........uo.useskill("Hiding")
........while uo.injournal("hide") == FALSE AND uo.injournal("hidden") == FALSE AND counter < 100 # Either finish or wait 5 secs (in case something went wrong).
............wait(50) # 50*100 = 5000 ms = 5 seconds.
............counter = counter + 1
........wend
....wend
end sub

# is used for commenting in inject, which means anything behind the # won't be used in the execution. it's a good practice to comment ur scripts so u remember what u've done if u come back to it later, or to help someone else understand ur script.

this was just an example script (a damn good one! Big Grin), if ur gonna use it, dont forget to remove the dots, they were but to show the structure... and if u need any help with other scripts for certain skills, pm me.

and also, i don't like the fact that u use objects for skills like itemid and arms lore... it would be much better to use types so that u can have ANY dagger (for example) and not the specific one u need to have if u use objects... especially since these skills normally arent gm'd in one day and u usually go about and do other things before u come back to macro again.

GOOD LUCK!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]