Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Players

A suggestion idk if it can be implemented

basically i've been seeing a lot of new players trying to macro their skills and it's hard to macro in cities even guarded ones because some ppl kill em and it's not like they even have a house they can macro in. I mean #1 it's bad just to kill noobs since most of em can't even defend themselves but it doesn't help keep them staying at in:x

My suggestion was: a player with less than x amount of skill cannot be targeted in guarded cities, unless in a guild

this would help keep new players on the shard and not only that they'd be able to macro their skills so they can actually play the game

think it can work?

I agree with this i think it should be like the newbie dungeon if you are under 1000 skill points you should be able to be attacked, or maybe even a lesser number. Ive witnessed many people just kill random new names for the shits and giggles and its lame, sad thing is alot of these people that were killed ive never seen again.

Technically noobs could macro in the first room of the newbie dungeon now with no risk...

I've thought about this before and I had an idea to let new players rent out rooms at the inn, maybe 1k a week. Though someone convinced me that players wouldn't bother and I didn't add it :p

There does exist a AoS feature that tags "new player" to characters with x gameplay or skill (forget how it works exactly) but that is a very big AoS thing and next we would be adding insurance for new people too.

If housing is an issue then I suggest we go ahead with the renting out rooms but super invuln noobs? no thanks.

it's not invul when u can die out of guarded city and have less than x amount of total skills.

wtv it's something i thought up of to keep ppl here

I go with the room rent.

On AoS you have Young status, noone can atack you unless you atack he first and work like that for monsters too.

Again i agree whit Luda!! This would be good for inx.

all these lame ideas you people come up with... but none of them will get this place big

No life is complicated only if you make it to be

[Image: 1t27gdviiokfmncbdgmg.gif]

MadMan Wrote:all these lame ideas you people come up with... but none of them will get this place big

This idea won't make us instantly gain 100 people but it would be nice for new players. Instead of b*tching about an idea, why don't you give one to get us that magical 100 players that no other suggestion will get them.

I don't think that any single change will result in having massive amounts of players, but I think that a combination of small changes should make a difference.

I think that making the shard friendlier for new players is a good step toward getting them to stay and that's what my focus has been on lately when I do stuff in-game. Not sure if I'm supposed to say what I've been working on, but I think it'll help us keep new players and help people get their character built up faster.

I like both the [Young] status and the renting rooms out idea. Problem is, [Young] status is very non-sphere so that's not going to be very true to our roots. Renting out rooms in the inn is a good idea, BUT the new players have to know about the rooms since few new players read through all the forums before starting to play.

The old message of the day gump might be a good idea. You can turn it off with razor, or just right click it once when you log in.

Eru Wrote:The old message of the day gump might be a good idea. You can turn it off with razor, or just right click it once when you log in.

I brought this up a few weeks ago and it didn't seem to fly very well... Like Eru I still think it would be great to have it though.

Quote:[Young] status is very non-sphere so that's not going to be very true to our roots.

I honestly couldn't care if it's sphere or not if it helps ppl stay.

The thing about renting out rooms is if your a new player here (and dunno other ppl on shard) then ur gold amount is limited to hunting at what? newbie dungeon and the brit graveyard? The intention here was to make things easier for them, thus them getting a good response from the shard would lead to more playing. It'd still be hard for new players to a) get gold without skills b) macroing time for their skills would take long then and they can't even have simple stuff like what GM Magery? I'll be honest this isn't even about skill gain right now it's about new players having the opportunity to get the "essential" skills that are almost always used in a faster time period (dying does slow the process)

Think about it if I joined a shard and knew I would be able to macro safely in a guarded city until i reached x amount of total skill I would macro all the necessities first. I know myself as a new player would recommend the shard then to other players cuz they have the time to macro some skills properly without always being killed (seriously ppl gotta stop doing that to noobs), it also creates an attraction to the shard imo

MadMan Wrote:all these lame ideas you people come up with... but none of them will get this place big

ROFL what do you care? Didn't you quit cause you lost items recently? If this is so i find it hilarious what are you 12? Rofl.....................if i got my info wrong sorry but thats the rumor going around the shard!

[SIZE="2"]The Horny Pink Daemon[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Worst typer on the World[/SIZE]
[Image: sigpicpaulieq.png]