Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to GM Alchemy

Eighty Swords Wrote:No, I'm not refusing to report a bug, a bug would be if I were able to sell a potion to an NPC for more then what it costs you to make it. Wait, why does that so familiar? Oh yea, you did that for inscription then reported the bug once you GM'd inscription!!

lol what? i didn't gm inscription off that or nearly for free, it was well known and you didn't make more money you macroed it for the same price and since everyone was doing it there could be nothing done to prevent it, maka knew about this problem and that's why he decreased the sell value of fireball scrolls

also did you forget i was banned and GMed it all again?

Oh shit you were banned? rofl and now go around calling people bug abusers? haha Big Grin

[Image: Kandorin%20Banner.jpg]
Holy Marquess, The Ministry

.::Vendor Taylor at Britain Church::.
.::Need anything crafted? I'm your man.Contact me!::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Daemon Steel - 1171::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Old Copper - 1159::.

smoke Wrote:you didn't make more money you macroed it for the same price

To make a lesser heal or lesser poison potion costs 9gp (4gp for the reg, 5gp for the bottle). When I sell it back to the NPC I get 7gp. That's a net loss of 2gp per potion so I'm not GMing alchemy for free and I'm not making money off selling pots to NPC's. Where's the bug?

smoke Wrote:also did you forget i was banned and GMed it all again?

The point remains that you and others were able to GM inscription at no cost which is NOT what I did for alchemy. And if you weren't a dumbass getting yourself banned then you wouldn't have had to GM inscription again.

Thanks for dragging this topic from a helpful topic into accusations of exploiting bugs though. Quite a fine contribution you've made here...

Eighty Swords Wrote:To make a lesser heal or lesser poison potion costs 9gp (4gp for the reg, 5gp for the bottle). When I sell it back to the NPC I get 7gp. That's a net loss of 2gp per potion so I'm not GMing alchemy for free and I'm not making money off selling pots to NPC's. Where's the bug?

The point remains that you and others were able to GM inscription at no cost which is NOT what I did for alchemy. And if you weren't a dumbass getting yourself banned then you wouldn't have had to GM inscription again.

Thanks for dragging this topic from a helpful topic into accusations of exploiting bugs though. Quite a fine contribution you've made here...

i didn't even gm inscirption off of it, do you even know how hard inscirption is? i've gmed it 3 times don't talk about things you don't know. Back then there was no need for waiting for sunday reboots there was no changelog when maka and taran were both scripting when they found a bug they fixed it and rebooted it the next day, so i don't know where the hell you got the idea of where i GMed inscirption for free it was 2.0 of gains for 2 gp less relax your self, and they were aware of the bug.

On the other hand you say you've done nothing wrong yet you can't sell poison pots to any npc mages and you can to a specific one which you know is a bug because they wouldn't make it that easy to gm alchemy it costs 7 gp for a reason and they thought they fixed the selling problem a while ago and you know it. You refusing aswell to tell the staff about this is sketchy as hell

I report so many bugs it's unbelieveable by the time i do people have already gained tons and tons before it has been reported

Kandorin Wrote:Oh shit you were banned? rofl and now go around calling people bug abusers? haha Big Grin

I was banned for other reasons that are between me and taran and none of your business

Thats funny smoke, because on MSN yesterday you were telling me something different.

It's been over 6 months since I posted I can sell pots and nobody said anything to me yet. For the final time, if the staff have an issue with me not reporting that I can sell pots they will come see me about it. Now stop destroying my thread just because of some personal vendetta you have with me for whatever reason.

i didn't say anything else on msn than i said here, so i don't know what you're saying

and staff didn't say anything to you because they didn't know you were using this.. how can you stop something you don't know about?

It's not something I kept secret. It's posted in plain site for everyone to see. If you'll feel more comfortable about this whole thing feel free to point a staff this way. I'm sure they'll be interested to see you destroying my helpful thread.

its not helpful towards the economy you can gm it for 100k it's retarded

Was that the problem you've had this whole time? That it's "cheap" to train? Jeez I wonder why it's so "cheap" to train... maybe it has to do with the fact that skillgain has been made easier several times, meaning less repetitions are required to GM alchemy, meaning you have to spend less money on it. I wonder whose doing that was...

If you're smart enough you can train any crafting skill for free or next to nothing.

Alchemy method 1 - sell pots back to vendors (2gp loss per pot)
Alchemy method 2 - make lesser poison potions and use them to poison a weapon (4gp loss per pot)

Animal taming - find spawns yourself - 0gp

Blacksmithy method 1a - get the ingots yourself, make daggers and sell them to an NPC for a profit
Blacksmithy method 1b - get the ingots yourself, make daggers and then smelt them to get half the amount back and reuse these ingots.
Blacksmithy method 2a - buy ingots from players at 10gp each, make daggers and sell them back to vendors for less gold loss
Blacksmithy method 2b - buy ingots from players at 10gp each, make daggers and then smelt them to get half the amount back and reuse these ingots.

Bow crafting method 1 - collect feathers yourself, chop trees for logs, turn the logs into shafts, make 1 arrow or bolt at a time, sell the arrows and bolts to players for a profit or npc's for less gold loss.
Bow crafting method 2 - collect feathers or chop trees for logs, turn the logs shafts, buy the other item, make 1 arrow or bolt at a time, sell the arrows and bolts back to players for a profit or npc's for less gold loss.
Bow crafting method 3 - buy feathers and shafts from NPCS (5gp), make 1 arror or bolt at a time, sell the arrows and bolts back to players for a profit or npc's for less gold loss

Carpentry method 1 - get the logs yourself, make clubs and sell these to vendors
Carpentry method 2 - buy the logs from players, make clubs and sell these to vendors for less gold loss.

Inscription method 1 - make 1 of each of the lower level scrolls, figure out which ones you can sell to vendors and then out of those which ones give you the least gold loss and sell these scrolls back to vendors
Inscription method 2 - even with just 40 inscription you can start making pvp scrolls to sell to players for a profit

Tailoring method 1 - pick up the cotton yourself, make bandannas (2 cloth) and sell them back to vendors for 2gp each!
Tailoring method 2 - buy cloth from vendors at 2gp a piece, make bandannas (2 cloth) and sell them back to vendors for 2gp each, which is a 2gp loss per bandanna

See a trend smoke? Nothing is overly expensive and you can even profit off training every single craft. You just need to use your brain for a few minutes, or not make enemies with everyone and then people will share their knowledge with you.

The real question is how lazy you are and how fast you want to train a skill. If you're not willing to get the ingots or lumber yourself you'll spend less time overall training the skill, but it will also probably cost you more.

Hurry! Go tell the staff I know ways to train other skills for less then what you maybe trained it for and that I even know how to profit off training skills!!!!!

go report it to a staff they can fix it then im 100% sure it's a bug it's why you can't sell it to a normal mage npc you dumb ass

This isn't OSI style UO where you can't sell anything to an NPC smoke. What's next, I shouldn't be able to sell any scrolls back to an NPC even if I lose gold between the cost and sale price?

I don't think you care at all whether this is a bug or not, I think all you care about is the fact that I did something that you didn't and you don't find that fare.

And no, I'm not going to go tell staff that I sold potions to an NPC because IMO it's not a bug so I'm not going to waste their time. On the other hand, if you feel I am exploiting a bug then it's your responsibility to report it to the staff.

Eighty Swords Wrote:This isn't OSI style UO where you can't sell anything to an NPC smoke. What's next, I shouldn't be able to sell any scrolls back to an NPC even if I lose gold between the cost and sale price?

I don't think you care at all whether this is a bug or not, I think all you care about is the fact that I did something that you didn't and you don't find that fare.

And no, I'm not going to go tell staff that I sold potions to an NPC because IMO it's not a bug so I'm not going to waste their time. On the other hand, if you feel I am exploiting a bug then it's your responsibility to report it to the staff.

you can sell things to npc just not for more or only a 2 gp loss, that's why it was fixed in the first place, because it's a major crafting skill

You also obviously new it wasn't allowed considering you must of went of the an npc mage to try and sell a poison pot to start off with and once you finally found one you can sell it too you didn't report it and used it for your gain.

Also I don't care how much you spent/what time because i've prolly spent even less than you considering i have 25k regs in my bank just from ganking and all i've had to do was buy another 25k which was 25kx4 = 100k cheaper than you even payed and 1 empty bottle where i also gmed poisoning at the same time so you just made your self look like an idiot Smile