Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Win7 + Razor/Uo

Hello people!

Whenever I play UO and switch from my main window to my Firefox window, and back, UO tends to freeze and crash, has anyone else experienced this? It's quite annoying and this keeps me from hunting/participating in Tournaments.

I have tried to change the compatibility on both UO and razor, cause if i only change it on one of em, the other crashes immidiently. BUT if i set em both to WinXP SP3 razor cant save its configs.

What to do? :/

Myrial [Nordborg City] - IN1

I haven't made the switch to Windows 7 yet, but you might look into running it in XP Mode. (Not XP Compatibility mode). Google "Windows 7 XP Mode" for more info.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10229125-56.html

Thanks for the answer Sindern.
I'll try it when i get home!

Concerning the switch to Win7, I'm not thinking about downgradeing to either Vista or XP again. Win7 is really fast, and works like a charm eventhou its only RC1. Only problem i've had is with UO Wink

Myrial [Nordborg City] - IN1

XP SP3 is best until further notice lol

got another question about win7 and razor...

i can't seem to have my display bar to display anything... like health bar/regs/weights etc.

anyone know how to fix this?

Theo Wrote:got another question about win7 and razor...

i can't seem to have my display bar to display anything... like health bar/regs/weights etc.

anyone know how to fix this?

You're most likely using the Aero interface. Razor's still putting the info in the title bar, but the Aero title bar doesn't show it for reasons I don't know.

Option 1: Turn off the Aero interface and use the classic view.

Option 2: Find your client.exe and right click, go to properties, and then the compatibility tab.
There should be a check-box there for "Disable visual themes".

Use option 2 if you want to keep Aero when you're not using UO.
Take note that when UO launches, the screen will flicker as the virtual themes are disabled, and while UO is running, Aero won't show up exactly the same on other windows.

Eru Wrote:You're most likely using the Aero interface. Razor's still putting the info in the title bar, but the Aero title bar doesn't show it for reasons I don't know.

Option 1: Turn off the Aero interface and use the classic view.

Option 2: Find your client.exe and right click, go to properties, and then the compatibility tab.
There should be a check-box there for "Disable visual themes".

Use option 2 if you want to keep Aero when you're not using UO.
Take note that when UO launches, the screen will flicker as the virtual themes are disabled, and while UO is running, Aero won't show up exactly the same on other windows.

sweet, option 1 seems to work perfect.

but i would rather use option 2 and don't think it's working... i try to do the same to razor.exe as well, but no luck.

Here we go, you want to disable both visual themes and desktop composition. You don't have to do it to Razor, just client.exe.

Here's a pic:
[Image: razorwin7.jpg]

ahhh, alright, both options works fine now.

thanks for your help Smile