Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Gauntlet

I hope it hasn't been made too hard after all these changes I've read about! When I first saw this new area I thought awesome a new dungeon, then every day I read about all these changes to make it harder and harder and harder and now I can't help but think some people saw the easy version and how it slowly got harder with a little change here, a little change there, and now some of us will see the hardest version for the first time we enter it...

It's like the first time you play a brand new video game is at the last level instead of starting from the beginning and now it's impossibly hard because the bots are smarter but you never slowly got used to them improving.

I paged yesterday asking if I could get a go at this (as I have no idea if this area should be accessible 24/7 or opened at the will of a GM) and my page disappeared after being there for like 20 minutes. I know we're not supposed to page for events etc, but I don't even know if this is an event or just a new area. Would have been nice if someone told me. Oh well... maybe tonight I'll get to try it! Big Grin If I do get to try it tonight I'll be sure to post how it is on 007 mode! (I hope someone catches that reference lol...)

Eru Wrote:The final chest will now spawn for whoever makes it to it, but you will be teleported out of the room two minutes after the chest spawns. (Plenty of time to unlock and loot the chest.) This keeps people from camping the chest for the respawn.

You mean 2 min after enter the chest room? Or kill the keeper?

Eru Wrote:The supply chest for the final boss will only spawn every 20 minutes. I added some dirty tricks to keep people from camping the supply chest.

Do we need more than one chest to kill he, or still possible to kill it just with the resouce of the first chest?

EDIT: The Pad is closed right now but the gate (to enter gauntlet) is open, no one come out have loooong time ( 10min+) so I guess no one inside, is it suposed to hapen?

Eru Wrote:The area no longer shuts down when someone wins. This lets others try after someone wins. The winner's character is locked out of the gauntlet for 1 week after winning. (Note: Taking the chicken exit does NOT lock you out.)

Maybe you can't enter because Eru said once you win there's now a 1 week delay before you can do it again...

to me this thing is hard as is, you know how long it took samurai to beat that thing? hes only beaten it twice in 2 days so it takes a while to get it right too i don't know why it has to be modified harder and harder everytime. If its going to be unbeatable why even bother trying to do it at all?

Eighty Swords Wrote:Maybe you can't enter because Eru said once you win there's now a 1 week delay before you can do it again...

I can enter the gate, but the pad isnt active (and it not just for me, to everyone who entered the start area).

And what Eru said is from today to forward, not aplly to past days winners.

Ryuuku Wrote:I can enter the gate, but the pad isnt active (and it not just for me, to everyone who entered the start area).

And what Eru said is from today to forward, not aplly to past days winners.

Ah ok then... in that case you broke it! lol

it is modified so samurai can't do it... Rolleyes

Is that place suposed to lose fame? Cause Im loosing all my fame....
Dont seens right.

Well up to you.

I don't plan on making it any harder since right now it's pretty darn hard, but that's the point. I wouldn't mind leaving it open when there's no events going on since it's now pretty much automated and all the exploits and bugs are fixed. Smile

The 7 day lockout was for the people who are really good at it like Samurai. That way I don't have to keep making it harder and impossible for other people. Also, the 7 day lockout hasn't started for anyone yet since I just added it yesterday.

Dont have a way to make all itens spawn after who are inside die?

Not that I know of. I can use a command in-game to do it, but I have to target the two corners of the area. I don't think I can make them respawn after someone leaves automatically. :/ However, they do respawn relatively quickly. The stuff at the beginning spawns faster, then halfway through the first level, it slows down, then the 2nd room is slower still till you get to the boss's room where the spawns are really slow.

I tried to make it so that it becomes very time consuming to camp for resources at the end when you know you're going to make it, and if you camp at the beginning, you can die from bad luck and waste your time. Smile If another GM knows how to automatically respawn an area with XMLSpawners, that'd be awesome.

-edit-
Actually, I just thought of a way, but it would involve me being logged in all the time. I could have an invisible mob spawn when someone gets ressed that says something that triggers my macro to respawn the area, but I don't know what that would do as far as server load. There are ~100 or so spawners that it'd have to reload.

Fame is overrated.