Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Possible add-ons??

I've always wondered if the staff is ever going to implement name change deeds, sex change deeds, skin color change deeds, etc. They have always been available in the past and now for some reason we don't have them. Will they ever become available?

Not sure personally, but from reading the forums in the past, I think that name change deeds won't be added. I think that the reason had something to do with people being able to screw someone over and then change their name, or something like that.

Sex change deeds have never been mentioned, but it'd be interesting. Tongue Maybe you could get a plastic surgeon (gm) to change your sex in-game for a fee.

Skin hues, as far as I know, are limited to people who post RP stories. You have to role-play on your character to get/keep the skin color and there's no charge for it. Smile

I don't think name change deeds will happen because some staff believed that if you screw someone over or are an ******* to them you have to live with it and shouldn't be able to just change your name for 100k or whatever amount and act as some new player.

Sindern Wrote:Skin hues, as far as I know, are limited to people who post RP stories. You have to role-play on your character to get/keep the skin color and there's no charge for it. Smile

I don't think Menace is talking about special skin hues, I think he is talking about the regular skin hues you can take when you make a new character. I don't remember these being available on the XUO versions I played though...

Name changes aren't completely out of the question as the staff team has discussed it in the past. The thing is, many of us have different views on this and we have to find a good middle point to agree upon for the sake of the shard.

Sex changes... well I see no reason in this. We changed armors awhile back to make sure both sexes could equip all parts. I'm not a fan of this idea...

As for skin hues, if you mean the standard hues that you can select while making a character then I am fine with that and could see it being added. As Sindern said though, unique skin colors are earned through roleplaying.

Shade Wrote:Name changes aren't completely out of the question as the staff team has discussed it in the past. The thing is, many of us have different views on this and we have to find a good middle point to agree upon for the sake of the shard.

Sex changes... well I see no reason in this. We changed armors awhile back to make sure both sexes could equip all parts. I'm not a fan of this idea...

As for skin hues, if you mean the standard hues that you can select while making a character then I am fine with that and could see it being added. As Sindern said though, unique skin colors are earned through roleplaying.

i like the last suggestion, although i like the sex change too clothing looks much better on a female in this game than a male i asked for that to be implanted a while back but nobody was for it =/

I understand how there would be a long conversation to be had about name change deeds but you could make them expensive so that you couldnt change your name every week and it would give people more game time trying to save the money.. which means more active players. I remember there used to be sex change deeds at one point and it helps if you want a completely new character. If you have two fully macroed chars and get tired of the one its nice to be able to change things up, and smoke made a good point the clothes do look better Wink

Finally, I guess it wasn't clear but I did mean the regular skin hues and not anything special.. I don't ever recall having this before but it would be a cool addition.. if all these were implemented two people could completely turn their chars into matching gank chars with same skin, name and sex, which in my mind is pretty cool and could fire things up a bit.

Menace Wrote:two people could completely turn their chars into matching gank chars with same skin, name and sex, which in my mind is pretty cool and could fire things up a bit.

Ha! I've done that before. Same name, same character model, same colors, same armor, etc. It's a nice gimmick and it's harder for them to focus a single person down. Tongue

You can still do this. Just have a partner, or multiple people, all make new toons, pick magery and some combat skills, then macro up the rest of your PVP skills over like a week. Seems like a lot, but then you have those characters forever and you have a gank toon that people won't connect to your main. Smile

I wish it was that easy Sindern... Its not hard to stay undercover on 150ppl++ online shard, but when theres just a few PvPers... Everyone will figure out who is it in one day. I once dueled tech not on my character, he said "HI GANG" in less than 5 seconds.
I would make completely new character, but the thing is that one hour(max) of fun doesn't worth week of macroing:/

That's exactly why these deeds would be nice because like gang said who wants to macro for a week and have people know who you are right away.. atleast this way for a fee you can have some fun for awhile and then rename back to your main once the fun is up.. this saves time and I personally would much rather spend 300k on a name change rather than macro for a week.. that's just me though.. also once you macro that char you have it forever like someone said.. but in the same breath your "stuck" with it once people know who you are and it becomes useless..

Anyone else from staff going to comment on this??

Shade already said that it is something that is already beeing discussed. I wouldn't know if anything else should be added to that until a final decision has been made?

He actually said it has been discussed in the past.. not that it is being discussed.. I get the impression that none of these will be implemented so I guess I'll just leave it alone.. thanks anyways