Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Discussion about region on webstatus

Well I think its has been told it not scare of die, its more what Hate pointed out.

I've been away for a few days but I thought I would throw in my thoughts.

Back in my day we didn't have UO-GPS and we killed people just fine :/

This is just another lazy ass feature that makes people camp the pits or their house more while they hit refresh every 4 seconds to see who is moving.

Plus it will make people come up with crazy stories like, "I went to the healers and I think he planted a tracking bug inside of me when he res'd me" or "I think that blacksmith I bought this weapon off of works for the government, every time I have it on me people magically know where I am". This is how it all starts...

I'm not totally against the idea, since some of you seem to like being lazy, but it just doesn't make sense... I would certainly like it a lot more if it somehow cost you in game to view a players location, make it logical that someone found you instead of their character magically knowing where yours is. Basically something like going to a npc and paying him for such knowledge, like you buy a crystal ball off him that would give you the location of players for a few hours and then the item would vanish.

Also don't start name calling and such while debating a topic that could seriously change game play. Just stick to the facts, weigh out the pros and cons and discuss them in a mature way for once.

We are trying to do it maturely but Smoke keeps looking it for his eyes. Smoke, try to get on other ppl shoes, YOU THINK ITS FUNNY TO DIE FEW TIMES IN A DAY WHILE HUNTING??? Its really difficult to get away from 2 good pkers, you dont need a mega squad to kill someone like me or ryuuku, who are more of crafters/tamers. I dont care if i lose items, just if i lose them honestly. Ive died so many times while taming the liquid llama, or the emerald mustang and Ive losted like 6-7 black widows that way. But it was MYYY fault, its not because something tells ppl where I am. Get it now???
We are NOT afraid of dying.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Try to get in PvPer shoes Hiro. I don't think that I can remember when last time I killed someone. And its not because I'm lazy, I used to check popular hunting spots alot of time. But now when most of mobs are balanced people can be in any dungeon. And seriously, to find someone on PvP server I need to spend couple of hours searching? Yeah, its not two hours to check all the spots, but you won't find someone there every time, so, its really two hours average, or maybe more. Yeah I know its not only PvP server, it's also RP server, but then I like Shade's idea. Make a NPC somewhere that will be selling "Magical Crystal" or something like that. Also wouldn't be bad if there will be a quest that will require to be completed until u will be able to buy that crystal.
= Problem solved. It fits to PvP and it fits to RP.

Hiroshima Wrote:We are trying to do it maturely but Smoke keeps looking it for his eyes. Smoke, try to get on other ppl shoes, YOU THINK ITS FUNNY TO DIE FEW TIMES IN A DAY WHILE HUNTING??? Its really difficult to get away from 2 good pkers, you dont need a mega squad to kill someone like me or ryuuku, who are more of crafters/tamers. I dont care if i lose items, just if i lose them honestly. Ive died so many times while taming the liquid llama, or the emerald mustang and Ive losted like 6-7 black widows that way. But it was MYYY fault, its not because something tells ppl where I am. Get it now???

hunting is suppose to be ungaurded i don't know why you're taking a hissy fit and not playing anymore because we have this. Even with this new system i haven't found where samurai nor a lot of other people hunt. You really need to stop saying stop looking at it through my point of view because as a pvper nothing goes down and it's pure bordum. You need to open you're eyes as a pvper/ganker as gang bang said we don't even know half these places in the world so you can relax and try it out instead of saying you don't care about items yet you don't want this system because you're afraid to lose youre items..

Well Im Trying to keep far from my hunt spots that week, but Im still taming Big Grin.

I've modified the current system in place so the regions are not as specific, for example if you are in a dungeon it will only display "Dungeon", not the specific dungeon.

I also added a new command that will broadcast certain regions you enter to other people ingame that also have the command enabled.

These changes will take effect this Sunday along with more detailed info on how they work.

Taran Wrote:I've modified the current system in place so the regions are not as specific, for example if you are in a dungeon it will only display "Dungeon", not the specific dungeon.

I also added a new command that will broadcast certain regions you enter to other people ingame that also have the command enabled.

These changes will take effect this Sunday along with more detailed info on how they work.

Big Grin:thumbsup:

You see, this update is good.
Smoke, once more Im saying im not afraid of losing items FAIRLY!
But with that tracking system, it sucks nuts to lose a Black Widow+hundreds of scroll+hundred of pots once daily or more.

I totally agree with what Shade said, that is a balance also Wink!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Hiroshima Wrote:But it was MYYY fault, its not because something tells ppl where I am. Get it now???

hiro dude u guys are scared of getting PK'd, if you weren't u wouldn't be against the current system. You don't mind dying to a monster but u mind dying to a person while hunting and loosing ur items to that player, is what we mean when we say you guys are scared of dying.

Quote:I've modified the current system in place so the regions are not as specific, for example if you are in a dungeon it will only display "Dungeon", not the specific dungeon.

the only downfall I see from taran's post is that there are PLENTY of dungeons to check and like smoke said some of them we don't even know about. I'd be outta mana from recalling before I find someone most likely.

The whole having a msg when ppl leave pits would only work if more guilds declared war on others. No offense 95% of the population in IN:X is blue and in a neutral guild who don't attack anyone. How can we PK ppl that stay in blue towns and are in a guild that stay neutral so they don't get attacked in blue towns? The ONLY time I see is when they go hunting as that would be the only time guards wouldn't kill us for trying, 95% of blues in IN:X don't go to a red town (im talking any, not just occlo). Honestly there's like 8 ppl who PK here regularly:

Gang,Madman,Tech,Me,Shifty,Monk,Logarithm,Sylar

Anyways I liked Shades idea (even though I would love for the current system to stay as is) about crystal ball/combined with gang's comment about doing a quest before being able to use it to get GPS location, hope gp to use it won't be too high Wink. It really puts RP/PvP together when u think about it.

Hell I almost turned Red lmao ME of all ppl, been a very exciting week this week for pkers Big Grin

A very exciting week for pkers, like you said just 8 ppl. And the other ppl?? like the other 40-50 players. Go to hell??
I prefer dying to a monster than dying to you.
Reasons:
1-Smoke is so inmature and will come saying NOOB NOOB I KILLED YOU ****ING NOOB and if someone kills him DAMN, AIDS SUCK I HEALED 10 TIMES AND IT DIDNT HEAL, BUT YOU SUCK ANYWAYS.
2-I can get my items back if I die to a monster, I can go back and loot, not to you Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Hiroshima Wrote:A very exciting week for pkers, like you said just 8 ppl. And the other ppl?? like the other 40-50 players. Go to hell??
I prefer dying to a monster than dying to you.
Reasons:
1-Smoke is so inmature and will come saying NOOB NOOB I KILLED YOU ****ING NOOB and if someone kills him DAMN, AIDS SUCK I HEALED 10 TIMES AND IT DIDNT HEAL, BUT YOU SUCK ANYWAYS.
2-I can get my items back if I die to a monster, I can go back and loot, not to you Wink!

The rest of u 40-50 ppl (I'd say 25) SHOULD LEARN HOW TO DEFEND URSELF (omg its not hard at all, hell keep recall scrolls on u).

If you don't want to run away then LEARN THE PVP SYSTEM A LITTLE, hell Kamos attacked back when I tried to PK him and it was FUN (but u can RUN AWAY if needed)

sorry for the caps but damn this has been said 4ever

comments about ur points:

#1: It's a game, deal with it. If u can't handle ppl talking trash then idk why ur on the internet. This is UO, ppl aren't going to be nice (some will), hell u can ignore him and just walk away? lmao

#2: This just proves our statement on how u guys are SCARED to die BECAUSE OF ITEMS lmao, thanks for proving my point. gg