Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Discussion about region on webstatus

Looks its not just me who dont like it...

Hiroshima Wrote:I post a lot of crap Smile!
Im not active in UO these days also.
I have a problem with myself, I always carry like 150k on me and with that tracking system the best chance is that I get killed really easy. So im taking a break of UO for this week and just macroing 24/7!! I will go ingame once in a while but just to check my vendor, restock it and say hi to everyone Smile!

I got it from another thread.

Have another guys who dont like it too and I know, but I let for them to post here if they want. (Theo, Poseidon)

Wow I can't believe nobody said this yet and I've been thinking it for a while but I just kept forgetting to say it...

HIDE WHEN YOU GET TO YOUR SPOT!!!

As Taran said, he won't listen to anyone who wasn't actually around to try this when the 1 week trial is over so you aren't helping your cause by not playing. Don't tell me that if it doesn't get removed you will quit over this... because that's what it looks like right now...

Eighty Swords Wrote:Wow I can't believe nobody said this yet and I've been thinking it for a while but I just kept forgetting to say it...

HIDE WHEN YOU GET TO YOUR SPOT!!!

As Taran said, he won't listen to anyone who wasn't actually around to try this when the 1 week trial is over so you aren't helping your cause by not playing. Don't tell me that if it doesn't get removed you will quit over this... because that's what it looks like right now...

Maybe no one said it cause it to much DUMB...

YOU CANT TAME OR KILL HIDED !!!! ¬¬

And im playing, Im still taming around lol, doing what I always did.

But all I see is 80Sowrds House. All Pks on Pits. 80% of shard in HOME. 3/5 undefined location ( - ) and some guys at a guarded city.

Who used to hunt I dont see hunting or even loged.

It's not dumb if you think about it...

Recall to your hunting spot, cast some ev/blades and hide... It will be a bit slower to kill the monster if you aren't attacking it but you get some of that safety back...

And yes, I am in my house because I'm macroing... it's about all I've done for 2 months because I want to GM a few crafting skills which takes a long time...

Eighty Swords Wrote:It's not dumb if you think about it...

Recall to your hunting spot, cast some ev/blades and hide... It will be a bit slower to kill the monster if you aren't attacking it but you get some of that safety back...

And yes, I am in my house because I'm macroing... it's about all I've done for 2 months because I want to GM a few crafting skills which takes a long time...

Not Everything you kill with Ev and BS , For exemple on my predilect hunter spot I just use Provo and Bow, since scroll there is waste of resource and money.

Also if you hit with a BW things go alot faster.

Ryuuku Wrote:Not Everything you kill with Ev and BS , For exemple on my predilect hunter spot I just use Provo and Bow, since scroll there is waste of resource and money.

Yes I know that... but look at it this way: recall to your predilect spot, hide, wait for status page to say 'hidden', provoke the monsters, hide again. Provoking takes maybe 10 seconds so you should be able to provoke a few sets of monsters to fight each other before the status page reveals you.

Ryuuku Wrote:Also if you hit with a BW things go alot faster.

Well that's a decision you will have to make... Do you want to kill monsters really fast but everyone knows your hunting spots and people chase you down, or do you want to take a few more minutes to kill something and be a bit safer and not give up your hunting spots...

Just like with Hiroshima; does he want to have to recall a few more times to bank his stuff and risk losing less items, or does he want to not recall as often, carry 150k on him and tell everyone he has it on him?

Stop trying to think of the problem with this change Ryuuku and instead think of how you can adapt like Canaris said...

Man you said you are in your house have 2 months, go try to hunt a bit.

Provo have a ****ning big delay when you succes and a 4 sec when you fail, and trust me the monster I use to kill take alot tryes to get succes on provo. At last 30 sec , so if the status refresh on that time your name and you location gonna be there for some minutes till it refresh again and with a big chance that you are provoking when it hapening again.

You dont know what you taling about, looks like you dont know how the track system are working right now. It dont refresh all your moves.

Its near imposible trick it. At last if you pretend to stay at last 2 min on a location.

Actually Ryuuku,

I do know how it works since I tried it out...

I stood in Britain, waited for it to show Britain on the status page, recalled somewhere else and then kept refreshing the status page until I saw the new location. This took about 1 minute.

After this I went back to Britain, then pits, then back to Britain and then hid. This took like 20-30 seconds, maybe less and status page showed hidden so it works exactly like I described.

And do you really think ALL I did for the last 2 months is macro in my house? I think I'd be a lot further then where I am now with training my skills and there's no way I could have made over a million dollars just macroing.

Maybe I don't hunt as much as you, hiro, rabbi, or some other people but I do hunt some times and I know there are ways to get around people knowing exactly where I am, but I'm not paranoid about getting killed like some people... Sometimes I hunt with ev's and blades, sometimes with provo, etc...

Now please stop this discussion. It will lead nowhere.
There are people who don't like the change. There are people who do like the change. It will be looked into coming week to see if it has a positive effect, if not it will be removed again.

The results will be the best if people actually go out and try it so the staffteam sees what the effect is. If none tries it, we don't know what happens if someone would go out.

Changes are made to test things out, see what happens. Is it good or is it bad. It is to give you, the player, the fun of the game. It is not meant to to annoy anyone. The staffteam works hard to give you that fun, the least you can do is to see if the changes actually bring more fun to the game or not. That will also motivate the staffteam to look into other changes/suggestions. And a change does not immediately mean that it will be implemented forever it is to test things out and can be taken out next week.

However, *****ing without even seeing how things will go will not motivate the staffteam and will not give them a good view over the situation. I don't see what harm can be done in going to hunt with less supplies and actually try it out. I sincerely hope that none of the current players is actually too afraid to lose a few regs and scrolls to see if there might be some good things about a change.

Eighty Swords, I am lazy. Thats it, If I die in a hunting spot with all my shits inside me i dont care because I am rich anyways.
But I used to die with all those things on me like once in a month or maybe twice, but with this tracking system I will die more often. I am just playing to check spawns and macro.
I have been doing this for like a week before but this tracking system gave me more reasons to do so. Im sorry but I tried this in XUO already and i didnt like it.
I dont want to argue so ill just use this time to macro and dont argue with anyone. Its my point of view and im sorry if you dont like it. Like you said Yankovic, lets wait this sunday and see what Taran decides to do. If he decides to keep that up, someday I will be back as often as I was before. And if he takes it off it will take some time also, I tried my best to bring ppl here but I hate to play when there are like 5-6 active players.
Kepi and Blake went to ***** yesterday, I didnt asked why because I knew the answer, there are more active ppl. I will convince them to come back but everyone should help to bring players, this is a indirect reason of all the argue we have on the forums, lack of players.

*edited by Taran*
No need to write the shardname. And I very much doubt they have more active people since we have twice as many players online as they have.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Hiroshima Wrote:Eighty Swords, I am lazy. Thats it, If I die in a hunting spot with all my shits inside me i dont care because I am rich anyways.
But I used to die with all those things on me like once in a month or maybe twice, but with this tracking system I will die more often. I am just playing to check spawns and macro.
I have been doing this for like a week before but this tracking system gave me more reasons to do so. Im sorry but I tried this in XUO already and i didnt like it.
I dont want to argue so ill just use this time to macro and dont argue with anyone. Its my point of view and im sorry if you dont like it. Like you said Yankovic, lets wait this sunday and see what Taran decides to do. If he decides to keep that up, someday I will be back as often as I was before. And if he takes it off it will take some time also, I tried my best to bring ppl here but I hate to play when there are like 5-6 active players.
Kepi and Blake went to ***** yesterday, I didnt asked why because I knew the answer, there are more active ppl. I will convince them to come back but everyone should help to bring players, this is a indirect reason of all the argue we have on the forums, lack of players.

*edited by Taran*
No need to write the shardname. And I very much doubt they have more active people since we have twice as many players online as they have.

Agreed @ tarans message, and if all of you are quitting because you don't want to be found nor are afraid of getting pked outside of town that's just sad.

smoke and i tried this feature today and we loved it to be honest.