Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Freezing on Verifying Account

I have a question about the login process itself. I've come back to play and have forgotten my password, so I downloaded all of my files and went to log in. The first time it simply gave me the invalid credentials screen, and when I tried another password, it would freeze on the "Verifying Account..." screen. After about five minutes or so it will finally move on to giving me the next page (on a wrong password it will load the invalid credentials screen again, etc.). I can close down the client, give it five minutes or so, then re-start Razor and it responds normally.

My question is:

Is there a lockout timer after a failed login attempt?

If there isn't such a timer, is there something I can change so that I can actually try my different passwords without it taking hours to do so?

A bit of info on my install:

-Using Razor, information regarding Razor is all correct.
-My login file is the default login, as I was under the impression that Razor overwrites the login.cfg file anyway.
-I downloaded all of my UO files from in-x.org.
-Before loading Razor, I patched UO to it's latest version.
-After patching, I copied the .mul files into my directory.

I've tried different variations of each of these steps to try to resolve the 'freezing,' but nothing has worked.

Well if you filled invalid password, next time it will stay on verifying account. But have you tried to close client and launch it again?Tongue Maybe it sounds like a dumb question, but thats how I was solving this problem... You just re-launch client, and everything will be fine... I'm not sure about razor tho, but on injection it was working fine... try to launch client without razor if it won't help... If your clients don't launching without third-party programs then download "Injection Clients" from our website, there is client called "5.0.1h m". And it will launch without razor/injection.

The freeze time occurs whenever any action after an invalid password is made. For instance:

Wrong password is entered.
Invalid credentials screen pops up immediately.
Correct password is entered (I don't know mine, but my brother's does this same thing).
Client freezes on "Verifying Account..."

I'll try the Injection client.

Hi Cotton,

There's no delay on login after entering the wrong password. At least not if you only do it once or twice, I don't know about 20 wrong passwords. I've entered the wrong password a few times before getting it right and in the end I still get through.

If you haven't connected after 30 seconds chances are you won't so don't bother waiting 5+ minutes.

Since you didn't replace the login file you will have to add the info on the Razor welcome screen. For Server enter 'inx.xs4all.nl' (without the ' ') and for Port enter '2593' (without the ' '). If that doesn't do it you might have to actually replace the login file.

I'd try with the client you ended up with after fully patching, that's what I use on my end.

I don't think any of the extra files like the statics, hue, etc will affect your login, ingame just won't look good.

Eighty Swords Wrote:There's no delay on login after entering the wrong password.

There is for me. That's sort of the point of this entire thread.

Eighty Swords Wrote:If you haven't connected after 30 seconds chances are you won't so don't bother waiting 5+ minutes.

Again, I have to wait 5+ minutes for any sort of response from the client. This is my problem.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Since you didn't replace the login file you will have to add the info on the Razor welcome screen. For Server enter 'inx.xs4all.nl' (without the ' ') and for Port enter '2593' (without the ' '). If that doesn't do it you might have to actually replace the login file.

As I said in my first post, all of the Razor information is correct. I've checked over it countless times.

Eighty Swords Wrote:I don't think any of the extra files like the statics, hue, etc will affect your login, ingame just look good.

I was merely stating the order in which I installed the files/prepared the client to log onto the shard so that people helping me could rule out that as a potential problem.

Problem solved.

Post can be disregarded/deleted.

Thanks for the help!

What was the problem?

Could be helpful to post the solution if any other player has similar problems.

Well, because I was impatient, I changed a few router settings all at once and can't list what they all were. But there are two major things that I did, and either one I think could be the fix:

1) We bought a new 802.11n router recently. I haven't upgraded my actual network card yet (it's still a 802.11g). They're supposed to be backwards compatible, but I've heard of people having problems with it on other games so I set the router to broadcast on 802.11g.

2) When I was troubleshooting earlier (basically the entire day up until about an hour ago) my brother was logged onto the shard. Once he logged off and I made those router changes, the problem was fixed.

So basically it was either the router settings or my brother being logged on. I'm betting it was the router, since he was having the same problem even with me not being logged onto the shard.

Hey Cotton, glad to hear you fixed the problem. I wrote my suggestions in a hurry since I was on the way out the door so sorry if I wasn't too clear with them. Here's a bit more explanation to the ones you mentioned just so anyone else who reads through this thread for their own connection problems is clear on them...

Cotton Wrote:
Eighty Swords Wrote:There's no delay on login after entering the wrong password.

There is for me. That's sort of the point of this entire thread.

What I meant here is if you enter the wrong password you shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes to try again. That delay you were experiencing was probably due to bad connection settings. UO isn't like the forums where if you enter the wrong password 5 times you have a 15 minute 'cool down period' before you can log in, even if you get the password right on the 6th try. So again, any delay you were experiencing was not due to some safety feature on INX, but probably the result of bad connection settings.

Cotton Wrote:
Eighty Swords Wrote:If you haven't connected after 30 seconds chances are you won't so don't bother waiting 5+ minutes.

Again, I have to wait 5+ minutes for any sort of response from the client. This is my problem.

Basically I was saying if you haven't connected after 30 seconds there's something wrong with your connection settings so don't wait 5+ minutes hoping it will go through because from my experience it won't.

Cotton Wrote:
Eighty Swords Wrote:Since you didn't replace the login file you will have to add the info on the Razor welcome screen. For Server enter 'inx.xs4all.nl' (without the ' ') and for Port enter '2593' (without the ' '). If that doesn't do it you might have to actually replace the login file.

As I said in my first post, all of the Razor information is correct. I've checked over it countless times.

Like I said I wasn't sure if Razor would 'overwrite' the login file so I just wanted to make sure you had the right info here, or that you might in fact replace the login file.

Cotton Wrote:
Eighty Swords Wrote:I don't think any of the extra files like the statics, hue, etc will affect your login, ingame just look good.

I was merely stating the order in which I installed the files/prepared the client to log onto the shard so that people helping me could rule out that as a potential problem.

Ah ok then Smile just wanted to make sure you knew it wouldn't have an effect.

Cotton Wrote:So basically it was either the router settings or my brother being logged on. I'm betting it was the router, since he was having the same problem even with me not being logged onto the shard.

Assuming you wrote this forum thread from the same computer you have UO on, I doubt it was the router settings since you can get online with that computer. As you mentioned, most N wireless routers can do a simultaneous G and N broadcast, some even do B, G, and N all at the same time. You just have to find the setting.

I have a slightly older model Wireless N Linksys router and in the Wireless tab I have a setting called 'Network Mode' and my options are; Mixed, BG-Mixed, Wireless-B Only, Wireless-G Only, Wireless-N Only, or Disabled.

I personally think it's the fact your brother was logged on. INX has a 1 account per IP limit, so if you didn't talk with Taran when you and your brother last played, any connection attempt by a second account is blocked. Taran has to make an exception for multiple accounts to be connected from the same IP at once. If this is the case don't worry, you can both still play. Just ask Taran what proof he needs that you really have a brother and you both play and you aren't just trying to cheat the system to get a second account on haha.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]correction from eighty swords post.

IN-X do currently not have a one account per IP limit.

However your only able to create one account per IP, and thus you need to inform taran to create another account for your other family members.

If you already have two diffrent accounts there is nothing stopping you two from playing at the same time.[/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

So Odium does that mean I can go to a friends house (who doesn't play UO), make an account there, then go back to my house and play with 2 accounts at the same time since they were made from different IPs?

[Image: facepalm.jpeg]