Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

There is some problem comunicating with Origin

Hello in-x players, I downloaded UOML.exe fully updated it like it say's and downloaded the package of file's for playing on in-x, but it says this when i try to login "There is some problem comunicating with Origin" dont know what i did wrong? my firewall already exspired and dossent block uo, cause on my prefious shard it worked fine with razor. so dos anybody know why it wont work?

Hilbert Wrote:Hello in-x players, I downloaded UOML.exe fully updated it like it say's and downloaded the package of file's for playing on in-x, but it says this when i try to login "There is some problem comunicating with Origin" dont know what i did wrong? my firewall already exspired and dossent block uo, cause on my prefious shard it worked fine with razor. so dos anybody know why it wont work?

[SIZE="3"]It's hard to say exactly what you did wrong, but I will explain exactly how to install it in order to make it work, and then all you have to do is follow the steps and see where you went wrong.[/SIZE]

1. Download Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy.
  2. Installed Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy.
  3. Hit UOpatch.exe and patch as far as you can until it says that you have the latest patch.
  4. Choose the client you want to use, and put it in the UO-folder. Then double-click it. This causes UO to patch even further, until it had reached the client you were using.
  5. Download the RAR-file containing all the IN-X files and copy them to the UO-folder (after renaming all of the old ones with the same name just in case you'd need them ever again).
  6. Open the client you want to use while playing at IN-X and you're done!
Aditional notes: Try to start it first without any 3rd party program like razor or injection, if it works then then you'll know that it's most likely a setting in injection or razor that is causing it to fail. Make sure that your login.cfg-file has the correct information, and that you're using a supported client.

[SIZE="3"]Good luck and welcome to IN-X![/SIZE]

Regards,
Hate

Edit: After speaking to Hilbert in-game I now know that his issue was not any of the things I mentioned above, but instead that he already had an account from before and simply did not remember that, so he used the same account name as before, but a different password, and this can also cause that error message ""There is some problem comunicating with Origin". I will leave this "guide" tho in case other new players has any similar problem in the future. :]

*cough*
http://www.in-x.org/component/option,com...,49/#faq29

People should start reading the FAQ Big Grin

I saw the edit saying you managed to get Hilbert ingame, but here's a tip or two just incase someone else visits this thread.

My lover Hate Wrote:Hit UOpatch.exe and patch as far as you can until it says that you have the latest patch.

When I installed UO I had to run UOpatch.exe a few times to go all the way since it stopped at a few points. You should be able to update to at least 6.0.13.0 Patch 76. I got that far back in February/March of 09.

My lover Hate Wrote:Aditional notes: Try to start it first without any 3rd party program like razor or injection, if it works then then you'll know that it's most likely a setting in injection or razor that is causing it to fail.

Just as a small tip, this might not always work. I don't remember the error message but I couldn't log in without using Razor when I set up UO again a while ago. To be honest I haven't tried since because I'm just happy it works for me! Smile

My lover Hate Wrote:Make sure that ... using a supported client.

If you are using an older client you should still be able to log in, you'll just get a message in lower left corner saying something like 'we suggest you update to client version x.x.x'

You need to run the client with razor or injection or any other third part program unless you are lucky and using an older client example 5.x.x.x.x that works alone.

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

Maybe you have an account for your IP already and you forgot?

So when you try to login it doesnt let you

No life is complicated only if you make it to be

[Image: 1t27gdviiokfmncbdgmg.gif]